What is the Walmart Kershaw Tiger Stripe?

Thanks for the response! I hit up wal-mart before work to pick up a Shuffle and sure enough, I saw the empty area on the racks where the TS Blur will be. Funny how dudes all over America are walking into the sporting goods department looking for the same stuff.

What is really funny is that they guys will all be like "Honey, I would love to go grocery shopping for you." Only to slip a new knife into the buggy every time. Walmart may be on to something with these special edition knives, and exclusives.

Back in the day they were just that, griptape. Around 2006 I believe they were changed over to Trac-tec. Track-tec is a fibrous rubbery material. It is agressive enough to give you tons of grip yet still soft enough to the touch that it doesnt completely rip apart you pants, well atleast not nearly as fast! If you have ever been on or touched a rubber track (running track), thats exactly how it feels.

I suggest holding one again with your new knowledge or looking at one with the carbonfiber inserts in place of the trac-tec or one of the all aluminum spiderweb handles that come in the normal configuration or in tanto. Kershawguy (Dave) should be able to help you out with those.

You are dropping some knowledge. I thought they were griptape like. I will check out the ts tanto and am wanting to give it a try. I especially love how so many people have swapped out pieces and parts of their blurs to create the frankenblurs. I looked at a thread that had several cool looking ones.

What is really funny is that they guys will all be like "Honey, I would love to go grocery shopping for you." Only to slip a new knife into the buggy every time. Walmart may be on to something with these special edition knives, and exclusives.

Haha I know, right? I'm gonna keep forgetting my wife's almond milk so I have a reason to go back :D

I will pick up a couple of these babies for Christmas gifts, and darn fine ones at that!

best

mqqn

I think wally world is hiding them. I'll check mine tomorrow.

They will make sure they are out of the black ones first. Like mine had nothing on the peg. Then the next week the peg was full of black tanto blurs. I wonder if they will be marking those down any. Hummmm

They will make sure they are out of the black ones first. Like mine had nothing on the peg. Then the next week the peg was full of black tanto blurs. I wonder if they will be marking those down any. Hummmm

Good point. Maybe pick up a couple at a discount.

Looks like I'm going back to wal-mart after work. Don't you just love the thrill of the hunt? ;)

My local Walmart doesn't mark stuff down enough to even warrant a look. Still no TS Blurs, no Funxions, got the only Shuffle and Cryo hanging up. Its crazy and I had to get a guy from Electronics to unlock the peg at 2 in the afternoon since the Sporting Goods guy was MIA.

My local Walmart doesn't mark stuff down enough to even warrant a look. Still no TS Blurs, no Funxions, got the only Shuffle and Cryo hanging up. Its crazy and I had to get a guy from Electronics to unlock the peg at 2 in the afternoon since the Sporting Goods guy was MIA.

Man, that's horrible! They really gotta work on their customer service...most employees I run into sport that "idgaf" attitude.

Are the Blurs at WalMart the same quality as any other Blurs?

Kai answered so I'll justadd a comment, i seem to get poor edges out of the plastic box thing mainly because people seem to push on the plastic covering the edge of the knife (blades are open in those) so quality of the edge can differ if someone did or didnt screw with the box before you buy it

I stopped at a walmart in Florida and Alabama today on our way home. Neither has a TS Blur. I did have a really bad customer service experience as well. I will see if I can email my comlaint to walmart though.

Back