What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

11942363053_1a6ea86f4a_h.jpg

GEC Bull Nose thanks to ALLHSS.

I arrived home today after being away at work for a week to find a note saying that there was a parcel to pick up from my local Post Office .
To say I'm happy and excited is an understatement :)

Le Thiers , Companion , Norwegian Birch handle , Carbon Steel blade .

Gary Graley has a lot to answer for , because I had never heard of these knives before he posted his trio of beauty's

IMG_0959_zpsef42164f.jpg

Ken

Just saw this, ;) nice, mentioned in other threads, these knives really want you to close the blade by hand, slowly, don't let it snap shut and if you let someone else take a look at it, be careful they don't do that either!
and if you go to making a sheath for that, I recommend bolster down, the knife really snaps into place solidly!!
Need to keep a bit more of the end out, so you have adequate opening for the bolster to go in, the bolster side/knife will be put in at an angle so the tang of the blade is close to the back of the sheath, not raised up or flat.

Chambriard_sheaths.jpg

Carrying my Compagnon and my new Peanut today;

Thiers_Case.jpg

G2

Robeson still, but I have an undetermined German EO on the way that will probably get some pocket time, if it is as good as I think it should be.....

RobesonJackBoneClip109M_zps38bf9a45.jpg

Well, the CV Peanut I posted earlier this morning just can't compare with this mammoth-clad Norfolk whittler that arrived in the morning mail. This knife will be in my pocket for the remainder of the day. And as good fortune for me would have it, another knife arrived as well, which I'll be using tomorrow.

Last edited:
Today it's this Rough Rider. I wanted to try out a large sheepsfoot blade and picked this knife up. Its a great, hefty knife for the price.

Back