What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

11998971076_5a406822b0_b.jpg

The swedge on this Remington is awesome!
Shame about the bone, though.

You've really found a lot of really gorgeous pieces! I stop by a couple of antique stores every once in a while but all I ever find is junk... :(

Most of the time your right..its about perseverance and a lot of luck! Don't give up ..stop at every place and ask just don't look. But mainly passion and perseverance. For every 15 places you hit you will find nothing.

What a magnificent beauty, Stephen!!

I'm carrying these two again today :)

Picture does neither of these knives scales justice. That Lambsfoot has great translucency to its Ox horn scales, the Lambsfoot blade a superb shape and surprising sharpness 'out of the box'.

The Diamond Jack has a delightfully subtle range of colours in is jigged bone scales. Its also an incredibly well put together knife. Wonderful walk and talk (a good pull to it!). The detail of the engraved shield is very appealing. The slender blade, with its seemingly diamond cross section, make this a really surprisingly sturdy feeling blade. Charlie you commanded GEC to a fine knife with this SFO my friend :thumbup:

I'm afraid I just had these two humble European cousins along with me today....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389994803.431878.jpg

Last edited:
A nicely patina'd Opinel #6 and #8
A Buck 110 EcoLite (I consider it a traditional, it's not a one handed opener, the paperstone scales are like micarta, and since they're made of stabilized paper (wood pulp in an organic polymer binder) they could technically be considered wood scales...
A Case Mini Stockman stag handle

The Opi #6 gets the most use....

Picture does neither of these knives scales justice. That Lambsfoot has great translucency to its Ox horn scales, the Lambsfoot blade a superb shape and surprising sharpness 'out of the box'.

The Diamond Jack has a delightfully subtle range of colours in is jigged bone scales. Its also an incredibly well put together knife. Wonderful walk and talk (a good pull to it!). The detail of the engraved shield is very appealing. The slender blade, with its seemingly diamond cross section, make this a really surprisingly sturdy feeling blade. Charlie you commanded GEC to a fine knife with this SFO my friend :thumbup:

I'm afraid I just had these two humble European cousins along with me today....

View attachment 408491

Thanks for a very pleasant afternoon my friend :)

Todd davison still in my pocket. Well, sitting on intake between wire stripping jobs...

Woah! That is what I call on the job with a Davison. I'm gonna carry mine on nicer occasions but this really using it.

Woah! That is what I call on the job with a Davison. I'm gonna carry mine on nicer occasions but this really using it.

Oh I got it to use. I'd love one with mammoth, ivory or wood scales but for first one, I wanted something that I wouldn't cry if scratched, stained or otherwise made imperfect in use.

Back