What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I swear that on the days I don't post, I still have a traditional knife in my pocket. :D
25869312526_ecb0a29a78_b.jpg

Using this to introduce myself. This is my first time participating in a forum. To make it short, I love stockmans with punches, hence the username and I'm a big boxing fan. I dunno, though I don't use it often, the punch blade appeals to me more than a Spey. This one has been my companion for almost five years now. I do dabble in other patterns as well, mostly Jackknife variations.
e002c3a25612cdf7b0561c4fe736099a.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Punches. Be sure to read the "Sticky" thread at the top regarding this years "Forum Knife" as it will have a punch on it. Don't worry about the ordering process now. Many of those questions are all answered in the thread and it's a long ways off anyhow.

There's many Harness Jack fans around here so we're looking forward to seeing some more pics from you!

Using this to introduce myself. This is my first time participating in a forum. To make it short, I love stockmans with punches, hence the username and I'm a big boxing fan. I dunno, though I don't use it often, the punch blade appeals to me more than a Spey. This one has been my companion for almost five years now. I do dabble in other patterns as well, mostly Jackknife variations.
Welcome!! I also love punches and was about to pull the trigger on the same knife you have pictured. Clip sheepsfoot and punch, what can't you do with these!?

PIB - Welcome to the porch! :D If you like knives with punches all I can say is "Hide Your Wallet", you are in the right place! :eek:

It's a Little Carver in Bocote. And it is little, here's a picture for size comparison:

Barlow_36_small_zpsa272fed0.jpg

sturzi - That is a beautiful photo of 2 terrific knives that are being enjoyed as they were meant to be! :thumbup:

A flying visit on my way out the door. Have a good weekend everyone :thumbup:

My Wheatley Brothers Tacklers' Knife

Jack - Seeing this WBT just makes me feel good every time you post it.:thumbup: Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

For the past couple days it's been this newly sanded Opinel no.7 & Erickson Zulu

tumblr_o45ov57C0e1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Tim - That Erickson Zulu is definitely a top shelf knife my friend! :thumbup:

jlhoffman74 - Jeff you will love that 85! I carried my Bloodwood single yesterday, it is sweet! :D

I have this recent acquisition in my pocket today. '08 Northfield Scout. :D Hope you all have a good one! :thumbup:

25271984014_3f8d81409e_b.jpg

All day, every day. I'm up to a month of exclusive carry for the Boker. I did have to substitute an Old Timer Mighty Mike when I wore a pair of dress slacks to church one morning. But, every other day it has been this one.

one%20more_zpsycwrkcay.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love how the end cap is slightly pinched as well on that Texas Jack, Kris. Very nice touch

I do too, thanks Jake.

These three are with me today,

Bob Loveless drop point, 154cm and lignum vitae, Joel Chamblin wharncliffe lockback whittler, CTS XHP, gold pins and primo stag, Rick Menefee trapper, 154cm and stag

attachment.php

Lookin' good, Kris.
That Erickson Zulu looks great, Tim.
That Northfield Scout has some nice stag on it, Ron.

I've got this 3" Ohta Drop Point with me today.
P1010043%201.jpg

Welcome Punches! I like the black & white picture. Good looking knife.

It's a Little Carver in Bocote. And it is little, here's a picture for size comparison:
Barlow_36_small_zpsa272fed0.jpg

Nice looking carver and am really jealous of the view.

For the past couple days it's been this newly sanded Opinel no.7 & Erickson Zulu
tumblr_o45ov57C0e1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o499td9DEq1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Tim - every aspect of that Erickson is just beautiful.

A flying visit on my way out the door. Have a good weekend everyone :thumbup:
My Wheatley Brothers Tacklers' Knife

That WBT is very cool. Great pictures too.

There are just tons of great looking knives every day here. I love it. Today I have a little stag and a little bone to mix things up. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

This small Case whittler rides everyday since getting her from the Lewisburg PA knife show back in Feb, great size and handy blades, although I did modify the pen blade into a coping as I mentioned before, much handier in this setup

Whittler_Case.jpg~original

along with my pioneer,

Pioneer_lanyard.jpg~original

G2

Last edited:
Back