What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    I swear that on the days I don't post, I still have a traditional knife in my pocket. :D
    [​IMG]

2. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Reasonably current. I think the green covers are no longer in production.

3. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

4. PunchesInBunches

PunchesInBunches

Mar 18, 2016
    Using this to introduce myself. This is my first time participating in a forum. To make it short, I love stockmans with punches, hence the username and I'm a big boxing fan. I dunno, though I don't use it often, the punch blade appeals to me more than a Spey. This one has been my companion for almost five years now. I do dabble in other patterns as well, mostly Jackknife variations.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  5. KBA

KBA

Apr 27, 2014
    Welcome to the porch Punches. :thumbup:

6. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Welcome Punches. Be sure to read the "Sticky" thread at the top regarding this years "Forum Knife" as it will have a punch on it. Don't worry about the ordering process now. Many of those questions are all answered in the thread and it's a long ways off anyhow.

There's many Harness Jack fans around here so we're looking forward to seeing some more pics from you!

7. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

The above in my watch pocket and my 2011 bladeforums ez-open in my leather vest.

8. sturzi

sturzi

Dec 12, 2007
    It's a Little Carver in Bocote. And it is little, here's a picture for size comparison:

[​IMG]

9. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Lots of fantastic carries guys :thumbup:

Two great pics Sturzi :thumbup:

A flying visit on my way out the door. Have a good weekend everyone :thumbup:

My Wheatley Brothers Tacklers' Knife

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ryouchijtx

Ryouchijtx

Oct 26, 2011
    For the past couple days it's been this newly sanded Opinel no.7 & Erickson Zulu

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Kitten Party

Kitten Party

Jun 9, 2014
    Welcome!! I also love punches and was about to pull the trigger on the same knife you have pictured. Clip sheepsfoot and punch, what can't you do with these!?

12. jlhoffman74

jlhoffman74

Nov 30, 2014
    Brand new 85, first canvas micarta covers, lovin it!!!

[​IMG]

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    PIB - Welcome to the porch! :D If you like knives with punches all I can say is "Hide Your Wallet", you are in the right place! :eek:

sturzi - That is a beautiful photo of 2 terrific knives that are being enjoyed as they were meant to be! :thumbup:

Jack - Seeing this WBT just makes me feel good every time you post it.:thumbup: Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Tim - That Erickson Zulu is definitely a top shelf knife my friend! :thumbup:

jlhoffman74 - Jeff you will love that 85! I carried my Bloodwood single yesterday, it is sweet! :D

I have this recent acquisition in my pocket today. '08 Northfield Scout. :D Hope you all have a good one! :thumbup:

[​IMG]

14. sturzi

sturzi

Dec 12, 2007
    Thanks guys, unfortunately it's an older picture, I can't wait for the snow to melt :).

15. BenHarris

BenHarris

Apr 30, 2014
    All day, every day. I'm up to a month of exclusive carry for the Boker. I did have to substitute an Old Timer Mighty Mike when I wore a pair of dress slacks to church one morning. But, every other day it has been this one.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

16. MT Damascus

MT Damascus

Jan 14, 2011
    I do too, thanks Jake.

These three are with me today,

Bob Loveless drop point, 154cm and lignum vitae, Joel Chamblin wharncliffe lockback whittler, CTS XHP, gold pins and primo stag, Rick Menefee trapper, 154cm and stag

[​IMG]

17. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Lookin' good, Kris.
    That Erickson Zulu looks great, Tim.
    That Northfield Scout has some nice stag on it, Ron.

I've got this 3" Ohta Drop Point with me today.
    [​IMG]

18. Wilsonhome

Wilsonhome Professional Chupacabra Tamer Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Welcome Punches! I like the black & white picture. Good looking knife.

Nice looking carver and am really jealous of the view.

Tim - every aspect of that Erickson is just beautiful.

That WBT is very cool. Great pictures too.

There are just tons of great looking knives every day here. I love it. Today I have a little stag and a little bone to mix things up. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    [​IMG]

19. Primble

Primble

Mar 31, 2014
    Seven days of two Barlows - Day 7:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    This small Case whittler rides everyday since getting her from the Lewisburg PA knife show back in Feb, great size and handy blades, although I did modify the pen blade into a coping as I mentioned before, much handier in this setup

[​IMG]

along with my pioneer,

[​IMG]

G2

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016