What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

GT :
I will have to see what I can do about getting them dressed up for pictures .

Harry
Thanks, Harry; I hope it happens! :cool:

You're right about stag Gary, but sometimes you choose a knife and sometimes it chooses you. That line about Ron's red bone Case was a classic. That's exactly how I feel every time I look in the mirror. Whatever happened to that guy I used to be?
So true, Alan! :eek: I tell people I work out at the gym regularly, but have yet to find a machine that makes my face more fit! :(

Wow! That's a handful of SAKs! I love the Old Timer!
Thanks, John. :) I have many more SAKs now than I did for that (old) picture. There's a local gun and knife show I try to get to several times a year, and one of the tables is a family that's mainly selling axe handles, but they usually have several bins full of used SAKs for good prices.

You "jam" right, Gary! :D :cool:
Thank you my friend.

Excellent companions for the week. :thumbup:
Thanks, Dee. :thumbup:

30826191662_c8b2a49cc4_b_d.jpg
That stag Case Dos Equis really quenches my thirst, Ron! :cool:

What a whittler, Bob! :thumbup:

Thanks Ron,
It's got some special company to hangout with at work today!
5fcfe55e790a72cfab1c7c2ca0fc6a8d.jpg
Couple of grand gifts, Clay! :thumbup::cool:

Thanks, Gary, that is indeed #30. :) Your modified forum knife is always a pleasure to see and excellent work on Mark's part! :thumbup::thumbup:

I carried these today on one of my hikes.
Thanks, Dean. :) I was pleased by the pic of the Presidential playing peek-a-boo. :cool:

Thank you, Gev! Knives and hiking are two of my passions; it's fun to put them together.
Do you take your daily hikes year-round, Dean?

My Big Knife of the Week is a Sabre grandaddy Barlow that a colleague found while cleaning out his late father-in-law's garage and gave to me:
8F8JMpP.jpg

My Peanutish Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider baby copperhead; I'm incredibly impressed by this little knife:
qAhiFcL.jpg

- GT

Takes a nice edge, and I like the texture. Have a great weekend.

GECorangebone15.jpg

Mine mimics this to a t minus the backspring contact. I sharpened it to 20 deg per side and it stays sharp. I do find it a touch large but it's a hell of a knife. A good, solid knife that begs to be used.

I'm sporting the green jigged 74 today. Smoking some ribs and a ham today. The ham will go in black eye peas to accompany the ribs tonight. I didn't use it to cut the ribs but it will dice up the veggies and stuff for the peas later. Getting a good patina. The strawberries I made for breakfast for the family really gave it a good blue/grey.

Wonderful shot. :thumbup: I've been considering the spring green and was wanting to see a patina:thumbup:

GT - I enjoy the Taramundi for what it is my friend. ;). That paticular one is a little stiff so I tried braking it in yesterday.

Bob I have never been a big fan of the cloud shield, not because is is ugly by any means, but bc/ GEC uses it so often. It does look great on the 38 whittlers though my friend. A beauty and one I hope GEC tries it in several variants.

I haven't been able to get online for a few days, just trying to catch up now! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday :thumbup: Got these two with me today :)

Glad to have you back, Jack!
Some great stag on your carry today.
Totin' my Scagel Fruitport today.
a5bdd9fa4eb1c6b244a2e01773f9ead5.jpg

I haven't been able to get online for a few days, just trying to catch up now! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday :thumbup: Got these two with me today :)

Good morning, Jack. I don't know why, but my mind reads that picture as underwater, like treasure found in a shipwreck. Maybe I just need to clean my glasses and drink more coffee. :D

Today's carry:

and:

Good morning, Jack. I don't know why, but my mind reads that picture as underwater, like treasure found in a shipwreck. Maybe I just need to clean my glasses and drink more coffee. :D

It's my fault for using a filter on that pic r8shell :eek: :D Here it is without :thumbup: The items in the background are square blister-steel ingots I think. That's a great wee Gunstock :) :thumbup:

Glad to have you back, Jack!
Some great stag on your carry today.

That's a beauty! While we might not be on the same page, I'd say we're in the same chapter...Toting the 89 Melon whittler today :)

~Chip

It's my fault for using a filter on that pic r8shell :eek: :D Here it is without :thumbup: The items in the background are square blister-steel ingots I think. That's a great wee Gunstock :) :thumbup:

Thanks! I didn't mean it as a criticism, it's a cool shot that makes me imagine a story of diving, seeing a flash of bright steel on the ocean floor...:D

Thanks! I didn't mean it as a criticism, it's a cool shot that makes me imagine a story of diving, seeing a flash of bright steel on the ocean floor...:D

I didn't take it as one r8shell :) Thank you for your kind words :thumbup:

Heartland Clip hogging my pocket since it came in. The 74s are just about the perfect size for me :thumbup:

IMG_1182_zpskwl0tmzk.jpg

Stunning!! I feel the need :eek:

Good to have you back. I was wondering what happened to you. Glad your safe!

Always a treat to see a Scagel...wow!

Lately, this seems to have taken up permanent occupation rights in my pocket. Odd because I'm not usually a massive Stockman fan, this somehow sets a new trend. Eagerly awaiting my second Winchester, a Coffin Jack, that is being sent on from the USA after I snapped it up on the Exchange.

IMG_4366.jpg

Back