What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Glad to have you back, Jack!
Some great stag on your carry today.
Totin' my Scagel Fruitport today.
a5bdd9fa4eb1c6b244a2e01773f9ead5.jpg

That is very cool Gary. I'm not at all familiar with Scagel and will have to do some research.

It's my fault for using a filter on that pic r8shell :eek: :D Here it is without :thumbup: The items in the background are square blister-steel ingots I think. That's a great wee Gunstock :) :thumbup:

Wow! What a difference Jack. I read the same thing R8shell did. Funny how the mind plays tricks on us. Glad you're back on line my friend and thanks for the photos.

Jack, that pic does look like it was taken at the Titanic, cool effect.

Great looking Fruitport, Gary, I remember the run well, and the stag ones sold quick. Ivory, stag and rams horn IIRC.

Today I have this wharncliffe trapper, built by the extremely talented, Tom Overeynder. The "Trapper" themed engraving was done in a Bulino style, by Brian Hochstrat. Brian is one of the top engravers in the world, and getting better all the time. Blades are perfectly ground, CPM D2, with a very nice finish. 18k pins and shield. The old bone is from Schrade, circa 1920's.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Have a great Sunday!

Attachments

• 58163.jpg
    58163.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 58162.jpg
    58162.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 260
Misplaced this for a bit. I knew it was in the house somewhere, but couldn't track her down.
7a0b9fbb68d7bfee5e6f50ef47763eac.jpg

Glad to have it back in my pocket!

Thanks Gary :) What a stellar knife! :thumbup:

Thanks, Jack!

That's a beauty! While we might not be on the same page, I'd say we're in the same chapter...Toting the 89 Melon whittler today :)

~Chip

Thanks, Chip. I like your Melon Tester too. I do think we're in same chapter!

Always a treat to see a Scagel...wow!

Thanks, Gev!

That is very cool Gary. I'm not at all familiar with Scagel and will have to do some research.

Thanks, Alan. KSF owns the Scagel Trademark and the Fruitport was one of their endeavors. They were made by GEC and ground by Bark River with a Convex edge. Just a great knife. Read up on William Scagel if you're not familiar with his history. His knives are highly prized.

A BEAUTY Bob, I have a couple, jigged red bone and ebony, I love the knife:thumbup:

Is it the picture or did you re-profile the tip:thumbup:
I just received it in a trade deal. It is new in the tube, so I believe it is a factory mishap that I intend to correct. It appears as though someone at sharpening slipped and put the spine of the tip into the belt. It's an easy fix though when I'm feeling better.

T
Thanks, Alan. KSF owns the Scagel Trademark and the Fruitport was one of their endeavors. They were made by GEC and ground by Bark River with a Convex edge. Just a great knife. Read up on William Scagel if you're not familiar with his history. His knives are highly prized.

Thank Gary; I will do just that.

Will be toting my new Mini Trapper just to see how capable it is for the size. I keep hearing that they punch above their weight class ;)

I just received it in a trade deal. It is new in the tube, so I believe it is a factory mishap that I intend to correct. It appears as though someone at sharpening slipped and put the spine of the tip into the belt. It's an easy fix though when I'm feeling better.

Bob, wasn't sure if it was the lighting or not, it actually has a pretty unique look, like a piercing tip? I agree with you as it won't take long if you decide to fix. On a side note: A week from today my friend:cool::D:thumbup:

The pony again for me today...

xBQcB5.jpg

Very pretty knife that Northwoods.:thumbup:

Kind of pang or nostalgia for pipe smoking, not smoked this century, it's almost impossible to get pipe tobacco now in Scandinavia:eek::mad: It used to help me concentrate, think and relax...lost things.

Lately, this seems to have taken up permanent occupation rights in my pocket. Odd because I'm not usually a massive Stockman fan, this somehow sets a new trend. Eagerly awaiting my second Winchester, a Coffin Jack, that is being sent on from the USA after I snapped it up on the Exchange.

IMG_4366.jpg
I see a bit of patina forming on the blade....:thumbup: You have inspired me to carry the stockman today. I am looking forward to seeing that coffin jack.

I am running behind so this is from the day before yesterday. I had a little Douk Douk with me yesterday but forgot to take a pic.
32458825311_d3f1b47b14_b.jpg

Back