What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Traditional folders and alarm clocks!
High below 80 degrees allows for JP's cool carbon Massoptier queue de poisson.
LZL8gUe.jpg

Pictured with a clock from an estate sale so opulent and classy that this perfectly good and classy alarm clock was in the dollar box.
Nice catch!:thumbsup:
Conquest was the trademark for the USA of the Bayard Cy (Bayard -the knight without fear and beyond reproach- is certainly as famous as Joan of Arc) of St Nicolas d'Aliermont (near Dieppe in Upper Normandy) a village famous for forging fine arms since middle age and the making of marine chronometers and mantel clocks since 1725.
cache_1616344.jpg

Publicit%C3%A9_lithographi%C3%A9e_R%C3%A9veil_Bayard%2C_mus%C3%A9e_de_Saint-NIcolas_d%27Aliermont.jpg

Massoptier was no shy about colors!
Massoptier-Jaz.jpg

Last edited:
I started noticing these up for sale shortly after Jack Black Jack Black showed one here last month. I took it as a sign and bought one. The next day I heard a story on the radio about the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon. ;)

6AT7HKjh.jpg

Today's my first day carrying it. Being 3/8" longer than my longest normal carry, and also quite a bit heftier, it feels quite substantial in the pocket and in hand.

I started noticing these up for sale shortly after Jack Black Jack Black showed one here last month. I took it as a sign and bought one. The next day I heard a story on the radio about the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon. ;)

6AT7HKjh.jpg

Today's my first day carrying it. Being 3/8" longer than my longest normal carry, and also quite a bit heftier, it feels quite substantial in the pocket and in hand.

Congratulations Greg, nice knife and an interesting piece of cutlery history :) :thumbsup:

6AT7HKjh.jpg

Like that stockman! Gonna have to go back and find that info.

Cutting, flaring, bending and installing stainless brake lines today with these two. Mostly just opening little packages of brake line parts but I did use the BRKT to scribe a line on aluminum earlier when I was finishing up the steering system

887BF155-C256-4D17-9A99-7EA69DDF43F9.jpg

I'm going through yet another broken record phase with my Camillus C4.

bHcNR7Mh.jpg

Great shot. Believe it or not I have never had a Scout. Ive been tempted to pick one up but just never have. Is the heft about the same as a large stockman?

Cutting, flaring, bending and installing stainless brake lines today with these two. Mostly just opening little packages of brake line parts but I did use the BRKT to scribe a line on aluminum earlier when I was finishing up the steering system

887BF155-C256-4D17-9A99-7EA69DDF43F9.jpg

Those knives have been discussed in a number of threads in various BF subforums over the years, here's a link to one of them - http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/question-about-schrade-and-wostenholm-connection.513331/page-3

Fantastic pair of knives there :thumbsup:

Nice catch!:thumbsup:
Conquest was the trademark for the USA of the Bayard Cy (Bayard -the knight without fear and beyond reproach- is certainly as famous as Joan of Arc) of St Nicolas d'Aliermont (near Dieppe in Upper Normandy) a village famous for forging fine arms since middle age and the making of marine chronometers and mantel clocks since 1725.
cache_1616344.jpg

Publicit%C3%A9_lithographi%C3%A9e_R%C3%A9veil_Bayard%2C_mus%C3%A9e_de_Saint-NIcolas_d%27Aliermont.jpg

Massoptier was no shy about colors!
Massoptier-Jaz.jpg
Thank you Jolipapa for all the information.
I really must look things up more often. I always thought sans peur meant peerless.
That's a nice green on the Massoptier.

Congratulations Greg, nice knife and an interesting piece of cutlery history :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! And thanks for posting the link to past discussion of its history. An interesting piece of history, indeed. :thumbsup:

Thanks! That's quite a T. Bose you've got there. Is it a stockman, or is there a fourth blade tucked in back there? I can't tell whether I'm looking at steel or background....

Back