What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Tonight will be a bummer of a night for me. The warm and humid weather is here, and I have a ton of knives on my dresser and a table in the family room. The unused knives need to go back into storage, so they don't rust. At this point in time, that's EVERY knife except for Rondeau the ironwood barlow, and the micarta 43 I use for outdoor work. Pretty much my entire collection will be disappearing until I feel the need for a change.

There's this stuff they call "oil"...:D

I keep mine in wooden cigar boxes. Besides making sure they have a light coating of oil, I save all those little dessicant packs that come in vitamin and other pill bottles, and throw them in with the knives. Same with the gun safe.

Whew! I’ve had a bunch of work deadlines creep up on me the last couple of weeks, not to mention finals, so I haven’t been able to keep up with this thread at all.

That being said, I’ve skimmed through the 300 posts since I last partook and you’ve all really been bringing your A games. Must be the sunshine most of us are getting.

Anyhoo, my wife is out of town for a week on business so I decided to grill a nice fat tri-tip to sustain me for the next couple of days. Oddly enough, morel mushrooms have been springing up all over our front garden. They go wonderfully with the steak ;):D

c6WvPNV.jpg

0bAmUJb.jpg

Tuesday night and I haven't posted ANY of my carries for this week yet. Here goes nothin'.
Alox Knife of the Week is a black Vic Pioneer:
upW10WO.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Tinker (my first ever Victorinox, IIRC):
jLA1Ryy.jpg

My bailed non-SAK of the Week is an Imperial scout knife wishing it were a SAK (thanks, Paul):
0Lzgu26.jpg

- GT

Fine "Swiss" Mr. GT !!!

What better to tote on Wooden Wednesday than a whittler? I'm carrying a Boker 1982 limited edition whittler and Daniel Cannady's small game knife (in a sheath in my pocket). For perspective, the Boker is 3 7/16" and the Cannady is 6". (I shot the pics outside today between raindrops, though my constant wiping didn't remove all drops from the knives. Oh, well.)

tmUMkaM.jpg

uK53Wb9.jpg

o3fa3KA.jpg

- Stuart

Back