What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Been using my ancient this weekend

Harvested some mint from my grandparents garden and helped with my fiancee's grandparents yard work

lWopm4M.jpg

Cut off some old gi pants for swimming then to wear for working out

fh4waoX.jpg

And had a little fire with with my mom and her boyfriend and my fiancee

jGz6VUu.jpg

Been using my ancient this weekend

Harvested some mint from my grandparents garden and helped with my fiancee's grandparents yard work

lWopm4M.jpg

Cut off some old gi pants for swimming then to wear for working out

fh4waoX.jpg

And had a little fire with with my mom and her boyfriend and my fiancee

jGz6VUu.jpg

Mom’s boyfriend and fiancee and her grandparents?

Posing your knife for photos in front of them is the BF approved test of if these relationships have lasting power.:D

JohnDF JohnDF beat me to the punch regarding a stockman on Father's Day. But I was busy getting ice to keep the guests in cold beer for my youngest daughters graduation party today.
IMG_2463.jpg
Stockman and a Shandy. I think I will carry a stockman today, but will have to wait until my trip to Wisco next month for the other.

JohnDF JohnDF beat me to the punch regarding a stockman on Father's Day. But I was busy getting ice to keep the guests in cold beer for my youngest daughters graduation party today.
IMG_2463.jpg
Nice knife and beer selection! I’ve recently been introduced to the summer shandy myself. West Genesee or Liverpool graduation?
Carrying my Case Trapper (yellow delrin, cv blades) my boys got me for Fathers Day, a yellow mini cv trapper, and a Victorinox pioneer today. What can I say? Cargo shorts have a lot of pockets.

John

May I ask what make is the mini-revolver?

hyOLNOi.jpg

I liked the look of that too! :D Cool pic my friend :thumbsup:

It is always good to see your Divine Davison, Jack! :thumbsup:

A stunning example of quality cutlery - Davison! :thumbsup:

My humble carry today.

Thank you very much Dean, that's a very nice knife :) I need to dig around in my knife boxes and bring out a few I haven't carried in a while :thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs the biggest part of Texas whenever I come here seems to be my expanding waistline.
:D:D

Beautiful LF, GT!!:)
Thanks for the kind words, Gary!
Still have much to learn, but there are some very skilled modders here that give me inspiration.

I don’t recall you showing off that beauty before. Is it new to you?
Thanks, GT! Nice looking Lambsfoot. :thumbsup: Now that these are a weekly carry, the implication is that you have several...? :):D:thumbsup:
Thanks, Perry & Jeff & Dean; they're sure interesting knives. :) Jeff, I've had that horn-handled lambsfoot since about November, I think, and I've most often posted it in this thread as part of my quartet that I carry literally every day, regardless of what my rotation schedule dictates that I carry. Dean, I'm up to five knives with lambsfoot blades now.
rpuzGQo.jpg

5lambs.pile.V.jpg

Had the Lick Creek with me today as I cleaned up an Old Cattaraugus and an Old Remington Scout that I picked up in Saugatuc , Michigan a couple of weeks ago .

Harry
Congrats on picking up another couple of venerable folders, Harry!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Not sure how I feel about you "raiding" my state to do it!! :eek:;):D)

Got this one off the exchange this week.
QbMO8FH.jpg
I'm carrying this 2012 GEC Krack-A-Jack today (for the weekend). It has my favorite Clip blade, something about the way it was ground just looks "right" to me, and the shield makes me laugh. The mule reminds me of Francis, the talking ARMY mule (from an old comedy movie I liked when I was a kid). OH
Krack-A-Jack_jackknife_opt.jpg
@Hkjay & @Old Hunter , those "animal shield" knives are fantastic!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Striking knife, Ken; I'm always impressed by checkered handles! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the compliments my friend, I like your new category ;) :thumbsup:...
He is the Ace of Adjectives! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

I'm treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day! :D :thumbsup: Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

View attachment 925947

View attachment 925948
Makes you wonder whether someone is celebrating or suffering when he says, "Make mine a double." ;):p Beautiful twin lambs, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I don't think of myself as a big fan of red knives, but that is some of the nicest bone, including color, I've ever seen, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rather than pout about not getting an Ancient TC Barlow, I'll carry a century old Jack! (much easier to find) :D
View attachment 926048
I admire your attitude, r8shell! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fascinating pic, Ken! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I had no knowledge of the Civil War era Copperheads, nor had I seen a Case copperhead pattern with the penny inlaid in the bone. Thanks for doubly expanding my horizons! :)

It's a stellar Stagurday in Northern Virginia today, but about to get stifling. Case 53087 and 5347, both from 1940-1964 era....
wKqvdtF.jpg

- Stuart
Outstanding stag stock knives, Stuart!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Maybe one of the reasons I like your golden-brown knives so much, Steve, is that the handles remind me of pancakes and syrup! :rolleyes::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

PATINA PATINA! :thumbsup:
I'm still a day behind so here is a pic of Betty from yesterday's dog walk.
27957539087_0d86f07c97_h.jpg

Riley says hi
14771946334_56ff8cee3f_b.jpg
I think it's kind of cool that even though my lambsfoot has developed a fair amount of patina, the blade etch is still readable at certain angles. Betty and Riley are both looking strong and healthy! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Captivating pic of a desirable duo of knives, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Summer is here with a vengeance. Going light and stainless.
MmcqVuY.jpg
I like the wide, aggressive bevel you've got on the edge of your clip, Jer. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I just got a Buck Solo.
I was surprised by it's quality and it just disappears in the watch pocket.
I think the first knives I purchased when I became re-interested in pocket knives about 4.5 years ago was a clam-pack of two Chinese Bucks, a Trio and a Solo. Back then, I had little interest in, or even tolerance for, single-bladed knives, so I gave away the Solo fairly soon after I got it. Kind of wish I hadn't done that. :rolleyes:

Enjoying this new Ancient (oxymoron that it may be :oops:) Barlow today.

1ozD33z.jpg
Congrats on the Ancient, @GE Jr !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!
View attachment 926762
That's a sweet Father's Day canoe, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Color me green with envy. :rolleyes::D

As I poked through the cigar boxes deciding what was to be my companion(s) today, for some reason the Tip Top and Dad barlows called out to me.
View attachment 926795
Exquisite choices with a well-deserved holiday message, Jeff! :cool::D:thumbsup:

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's! I'll be carrying this new Rough Rider that my wife and daughter got me for Father's Day along with the ever-present Peanut that I've carried since 6/16.

20180617_081837_2.jpg
Congrats on the RR FD stockman, Shawn!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Looks like the same model as the one r8shell r8shell scrimshawed for me. Your daughter is already 2 years old?!!? :eek:;):thumbsup:

me: "No, you can't eat yet. First we have to take a picture. Put your knife in the shot."
Dad: "Sigh."

Happy Father's Day, Dad!
View attachment 926849
Daughters can be sort of exasperating, but dads know they mean well! :p:thumbsup:;) Nice glittering gold in grandpa's memory too! :cool::)

Totin' two tempting two-bladers today: a Case 82079 1/2 (1978) sleeve board pen and a Voyles Cutlery USA 77 peanut.
wiE6zd4.jpg

- Stuart
Pristine pearls of great price, Stuart!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy Father’s Day! :thumbsup: My lovely wife got me this #53 TK Cuban for Father’s Day! Well, she might have had just a little help! ;)

42854930981_7ca42f7b26_b_d.jpg
Congrats, Dad Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF

Back