What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Inside today.
Ed9hVaZ.jpg

How about a cleaver? Can’t get more traditional than a meat cleaver. Except this ones got a twist, it’s a custom Fletcher Knives Karniboro Cleaver made outta CPM154. Won this in a GAW from Witty at USAMadeBlades.

A cleaver’s nothing more than a wall hanger unless you use it. I use it all the time. Probably the second most used knife in the kitchen next to my nothing special integrated bolster 8” chef‘s knife.

Here it is delaminatin’ a 5-6 lb chicken after slicin’ and dicin’ the necessary vegetables for the paprikas.

SOU6Mcr.jpg

My cast iron chicken fryer, the bottom of this pan is like black glass.

cL6ZY8Rh.jpg

Look how deep that sucker is :) and slick and shiny too.

Cook up some red peppers...

rtH4smrh.jpg

Onions cookin’ In the big 16” iron.

2cIXwyEh.jpg

Now mix them together and set them aside to cook.

nIEOkcoh.jpg

Now back to delaminating the chicken. ;)

ueMeTiuh.jpg

Quarter the chicken then brown it in a hot buttered pan.

I9qCIieh.jpg

Oops :eek: forgot to take a picture of the chicken browning.

Oh well after you brown the chicken add the peppers and onions to the pan and cook on a medium heat.

While that’s all cooking take a pint of sour cream, a table spoon of flour and a half a cup of warm water. Whisk it all together in a bowl and set it aside.

Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with sweet, hot or smoked paprika pour whisked sour cream over the entire pan of chicken, peppers and onions.

R8gLoKj.jpg

Cover and set on low heat, cook till chicken is tender and done.

Make the dumplings or use gnocchis

bAeVAsE.jpg

fkAHPqY.jpg

wyMz0kb.jpg

uck3U0T.jpg

add chicken and cover with gravy. Add a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with fresh paprika and serve.

utZoPB8.jpg

How about a cleaver? Can’t get more traditional than a meat cleaver. Except this ones got a twist, it’s a custom Fletcher Knives Karniboro Cleaver made outta CPM154. Won this in a GAW from Witty at USAMadeBlades.

A cleaver’s nothing more than a wall hanger unless you use it. I use it all the time. Probably the second most used knife in the kitchen next to my nothing special integrated bolster 8” chef‘s knife.

Here it is delaminatin’ a 5-6 lb chicken after slicin’ and dicin’ the necessary vegetables for the paprikas.

SOU6Mcr.jpg

cL6ZY8Rh.jpg

rtH4smrh.jpg

2cIXwyEh.jpg

nIEOkcoh.jpg

ueMeTiuh.jpg

I9qCIieh.jpg

Oh well after you brown the chicken add the peppers and onions to the pan and cook on a medium heat.

While that’s all cooking take a pint of sour cream, a table spoon of flour and a half a cup of warm water. Whisk it all together in a bowl and set it aside.

Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with sweet, hot or smoked paprika pour whisked sour cream over the entire pan of chicken, peppers and onions.

R8gLoKj.jpg

bAeVAsE.jpg

fkAHPqY.jpg

wyMz0kb.jpg

uck3U0T.jpg

add chicken and cover with gravy. Add a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with fresh paprika and serve.

utZoPB8.jpg
Dang it, Ted! I had a big lunch and didn't feel like going to the store today. I was perfectly happy, planning on snacking on a little fruit or crackers & peanut butter if I get a little hungry later, and you have to go and post pictures of paprikash with gnocchi! :mad:

Nice cleaver. :)

SOU6Mcr.jpg

cL6ZY8Rh.jpg

rtH4smrh.jpg

2cIXwyEh.jpg

nIEOkcoh.jpg

ueMeTiuh.jpg

I9qCIieh.jpg

R8gLoKj.jpg

bAeVAsE.jpg

fkAHPqY.jpg

wyMz0kb.jpg

uck3U0T.jpg

utZoPB8.jpg
Why is it I always get hungry reading a knife forum? And I just ate!

A new Lick Creek.
L0zNoRW.jpg

And a century old Lenox. It's amazing how they fit all those thin little blades in such a tight space. So thin, they get scalpel sharp with hardly any effort. I hope blood isn't bad for mother-of-pearl. :eek: :oops:
KaxvolR.jpg

231f05U.jpg
Lots of chinking goin ‘ to nest those blades properly.

bAeVAsE.jpg

fkAHPqY.jpg

wyMz0kb.jpg
Nice tutorial.
My Grandma was a wonderful woman, and a wealth of old time knowledge. She taught me how to garden organically before there was a government standard for organic, how to cook all kinds of stuff, how to can, how to butcher chickens and deer, etc. But I will always regret not learning how to make dumplings the way she did.:(

Well, I know it's not bad for stag, bone, or Delrin!

And it makes a great patina on carbon steel!:eek:

Well, I know it's not bad for stag, bone, or Delrin!

And it makes a great patina on carbon steel!:eek:
Ha! I guess the knife is really mine now. :D
It's a tricky thing. I have a habit of opening a knife using the nail nick until the half stop, and then pinching the blade open the rest of the way. But these blades are so much narrower than my big ol' thumb, part of my thumb kinda got in front of the edge. :eek: Oh well, a clean cut heals fast. :cool:

A new Lick Creek.
L0zNoRW.jpg

And a century old Lenox. It's amazing how they fit all those thin little blades in such a tight space. So thin, they get scalpel sharp with hardly any effort. I hope blood isn't bad for mother-of-pearl. :eek: :oops:
KaxvolR.jpg

231f05U.jpg
Hb2FeO2 + CaCO3 =Ferric Carbonic Acid :eek:

SOU6Mcr.jpg

cL6ZY8Rh.jpg

rtH4smrh.jpg

2cIXwyEh.jpg

nIEOkcoh.jpg

ueMeTiuh.jpg

I9qCIieh.jpg

R8gLoKj.jpg

bAeVAsE.jpg

fkAHPqY.jpg

wyMz0kb.jpg

uck3U0T.jpg

utZoPB8.jpg
Grandma have mercy that look good !!!!

Back