What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Fairmount Cutlery Co.
North Dakota

45169203334_3f26a3179b_b.jpg
Those ND mechanics know a special knife when they see one, Gev! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Another stunning stag pair, Alan! The stag 73s always elicit some yearning in me! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Your Presidential always drives me nuts, Dean! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well-matched pair, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That brace of knives is the bee's knees, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I refuse to acknowledge the existence of snow at this time of year, despite your photographic evidence. :rolleyes:)

... I noticed some strange tracks in the freezing slush near my house and though it might be a sasquatch, but then recognized them as prints likely left by @Half/Stop. ...
VWT03Cy.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart, I wish I had your tracking skills, including the ability to recognize predators by their spoor! ;) That's an impressive Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic flaming stag, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

For Thor's Day:

32025706698_eba701d179_b.jpg

See the hammer?
Very cool connection that I wouldn't have made on my own, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

About that visitor...don’t put food out. You’ll never get rid of it.
:D:D

...This ole country boy can get around pretty good in the big city! :thumbsup: Only had a couple of problems so far. ...
Sorry to hear about your travel challenges, Ron, but nothing a Sodbuster Jr. can't handle when you have time to dig it out! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

... we call them Tim bits.:D Tim Hortons
Dave, when my wife sends me to the grocery store with a bag of ground coffee on the list, she usually requests Tim Horton's decaf. ;):cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs Gary, the knife came with the patina. Usually I'll flitz it off and start anew but it was so perfect, I left it.
I can certainly understand that decision, Alan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harry
@pistonsandgears and @Old Engineer, your combined trio of Churchills is tremendous! :cool:
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Here's a curious Churchill quote; I get what he says about cats and dogs, but I guess I don't have adequate pig experience: "I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Thanks, GT! Love your stag Buck canoe!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I’m a simple man, with simple tastes. Case medium stockman again.
Thanks, Spaten. :) I'm a big admirer of Case chestnut bone, and congrats on your new stag Churchill you posted in the Stag Sat. thread! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My post is apparently WAY too big; it exceeded the 10K character per post limit, and I've been trying to cut out a sentence here or a word there, and it's STILL too big, so I guess I'l just split it! :rolleyes:

- GT

Attachments

• MJ.pile.V.wisteria.jpg
    MJ.pile.V.wisteria.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 8
Here's the rest of my inadequately-edited post. :rolleyes:
Thanks GT! I like that anchor shield on the marinera
Very cool knife, Gary !! As always, I enjoy your kind words :D:D:thumbsup:
Cool trio GT, especially the Marinera, hope to see more of that one in the future :thumbsup:
Black Friday it is.
sHtT6ik.jpg
Thanks, Joshua & Gev & Tom. :) I probably wouldn't have bought a 7-euro, single-bladed, plastic-handled knife if not for that anchor, but I sure am glad I did! It's a VERY pleasant knife to use! :cool::thumbsup:
Tom, that's a dazzling dark Friday duo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Captivating canoe, sir.
Yes, that's the one. A capital canoe, captain.
- Stuart
Thanks for your canoe commendations, Stuart. :) (As I told @Whetstone39 , I refuse to acknowledge your snow comments at this date. :rolleyes:)

5K Qs 5K Qs and @Duckdog ~ I appreciate your kind comments and all of the knife photos you share!
Thanks, Jeff, and conversely, I enjoy all your pics of veteran users in the field (or on the DGT ;))! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks. You seem to have quite rich international set as well ;)
Thanks; I enjoy picking up knives from other countries when I get the chance. :):cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much GT, those are three smashers :) :thumbsup:
I noticed Dave's Brown Mule, I tried to get hold of one some years ago, along with a Black Angus, but (contrary to what the rather stupid UK vendor told me), they were only available in stainless, and had dubious provenance. The older ones are much nicer I think :) ...

Hope everyone has had a good week :) I am carrying these two today my A.Wright 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot in ebony for Black Friday, and the Case Swayback Gent that Gary Peregrin Peregrin very kindly gifted me a while back :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
FWIW, Robt. Klaas markets 3 sizes of knives with a Brown Mule blade etch, made in Italy with "Solingen high carbon steel." That may be an improvement over the situation you described?
Good to see that you're on the straight and narrow, at least regarding the edges of the knives you carry! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Truth be told either did I until I went to there home page. :D

Yes I did, that was when I had decided one hand knives were the best thing since sliced bread a dumb move that was. :rolleyes:

You know what the blade on the mule gets so sharp, just using back strokes on a fine stone, also the lockup is quite firm.:thumbsup:
Thanks for the informative replies to my incessant questions, Dave. :) (5K Qs is my username because I came to BF with 5000 Questions; thanks for dealing with 3 of them! :thumbsup::cool::D)

Good Morning! here's my little red #62
View attachment 1021280
That's a sparkling example of a congress pattern, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jeff, I abhor the early snow, but I simply can't ignore congratulating you on that fine peanut and Craftsman! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I might even wager that those hot knives melted the surrounding snow shortly after the pic was taken! :D)

Rose Beast is going to get some use later today.
Schizoid Jack will not leave my pocket.
Praiseworthy pair, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

School/Work was cancelled today because of the smoke, which means I can carry whatever I want... My choice :cool:

My beloved GEC #72 in Rosewood
Glad you got to carry that captivating 72, John :cool::cool::thumbsup:, but I'm sad about the circumstances that enabled it. :(

Homemade Bone Broth - like grandmother used to make :)

Gelatinous Elixir... fresh from the fridge ...bathed in the morning sunshine
Your Kissing Cranes whittler is pure gravy, Gev! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Snowy and rainy day here in the Northeast.
Your S&M sowbelly is icing on the cake, @Invoice ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sometimes I see Queen knives posted, almost all of them are quite good looking and elegant, and looks to be of high quality. And when I think of a striking and elegant Queen, I think of this
4hvz8g.png

Then I acquired this, in pretty rough shape. And I thought " I had no idea Queen made this pattern, a strictly working knife"View attachment 1021388Then I remembered a really good Queen isn't afraid of dirty work when times call for it. And I thought of this View attachment 1021389;):thumbsup:

(BTW even though she ain't my Queen, I've always admired those pics of Elizabeth's WW2 service, the mechanic Queen,really cool in my book :cool::thumbsup: )
:cool::cool::thumbsup: Cool post, David!

Thank you, Gary! That is a cute Klaas canoe you have there. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) (I have a red one, too ;)).

Another TC today.

I enjoy seeing that one, Dean, one of your most recognizable TC Barlows (to me, anyway)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Schrade whittler (thanks, Tsar Bomba):
vaFZUGg.jpg

Peanut this week is a Remington Sportsman series version:
yIvegKH.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is a Wright stag senator (thanks, @R.c.s ):
View attachment 1022008

- GT

Well, ya know, Paul and Gev, that before @Half/Stop got his mitts on the "mess" it was more orderly, kinda like your grandmother's sewing table. But I turn my back for just a minute and look what happened. Like a badger digging a burrow!
- Stuart
Lol ...wait till you your wife reads this...the look on her face...priceless :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Here's a curious Churchill quote; I get what he says about cats and dogs, but I guess I don't have adequate pig experience: "I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

That's a good one GT, makes me think of Pink Floyd; but that may be a little unfair to pigs.

Edit: Deleted link to Pink Floyd - Pigs (Three different Ones) - YouTube . It's 11 1/2 mins long and perhaps a little too far off topic.

Old pic, but I'll have this one in my pocket this week.

IMG_0221.jpg

Last edited:
Is the back pocket a recent addition? Nice !!!
Thanks, I got it in May, Gev.
It's a nice knife! No issues and a 154CM blade. I couldn't pass it up!
It is a little bigger than I normally like to carry. With the cold weather upon us I have many pockets though!

Your Presidential always drives me nuts, Dean! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks, Gary! Good call. :):D

I enjoy seeing that one, Dean, one of your most recognizable TC Barlows (to me, anyway)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Schrade whittler (thanks, Tsar Bomba):
vaFZUGg.jpg

Peanut this week is a Remington Sportsman series version:
yIvegKH.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is a Wright stag senator (thanks, @R.c.s ):
View attachment 1022008

- GT

Thanks, Gary! You have a nice group of knives pictured, but especially the Schrade whittler; that's a looker! The bone is particularly attractive. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Be sure to keep me posted my friend, and let me know if I can give you any assistance in terms of planning your trip :) Thank you for the compliment, that is another lovely pic :) :thumbsup:

I'm just getting my stuff together for a hike tomorrow, think I've got all the bases covered ;) :thumbsup:

8ZZs74a.jpg

NpqZYSX.jpg

aY6mONi.jpg

Va2FuKG.jpg

Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, I will certainly keep you in the loop. What a terrific assortment of knives for a hike! I particularly like the looks of that fixed blade. I hope you have a pleasant hike, Jack.

Thank you very much for the very kind words Dylan !!!!! I believe that you are showing a 14 from the first run and I can verify that they are some Great Little knives . I bought one for a gift for someone but my wife would not let me give it away and I am glad that she insisted . Great picture as always from you .
You are correct that the Pickle Green 35 that you commented on is a Special Knife . It is 1 of 12 made up with left over parts . @Half/Stop Ron has a couple and I can not remember who else got one at the 2018 Rendezvous . Take care my friend .

Harry

Some Stag and some bone both are some real dogs . Bulldogs that is .

Harry

Thank you, Harry, for the kind compliments. Handsome pair of Bulldogs you are sporting today!

Fantastic flaming stag, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT! I love the looks of that Schrade Whittler, looks to be a rather fine knife.

Well, I got something in the mail today and since I am experiencing some lovely weather and have a pile of chores to get to, I figured that this iconic knife belonged on my belt for the day. I am absolutely in love, hard to get more traditional than a Kephart.

pWXefyF.jpg

Today’s carry.

Saw this one just now Ken, how's the pull on it ?

Very beautiful, or 'fetching' as they used to say :D knife. I have its twin but the pull is about 9.7 on anybody's scale :eek: Needless to say it's still mint ;) fine bone though.

Regards, Will

Saw this one just now Ken, how's the pull on it ?

Very beautiful, or 'fetching' as they used to say :D knife. I have its twin but the pull is about 9.7 on anybody's scale :eek: Needless to say it's still mint ;) fine bone though.

Regards, Will
Will, it’s got a very stout pull, probably a good solid 9. Fortunately, I find the blade to just be pinchable (most of the time).

Last edited:
Back