What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

@5K Qs ~ the flamy maple scales look luscious on your Remy ‘nut!
And that SW whittler... wow!:thumbsup:
...Kephart.

pWXefyF.jpg
Am I wrong in thinking that’s a tribute to a Russell Green River? Sweet!

I can't hold out any longer. I set this one aside and pondered, (we do ponder in ND):) if I should include this in my carry routine even though the answer to me was a resounding YES, I hesitated doing so. Well no longer, I carried today and it's modest cutting task consisted of freeing a frozen pizza from it's plastic wrap:eek::D

V0tkKV.jpg

hNUJH5.jpg

I can't hold out any longer. I set this one aside and pondered, (we do ponder in ND):) if I should include this in my carry routine even though the answer to me was a resounding YES, I hesitated doing so. Well no longer, I carried today and it's modest cutting task consisted of freeing a frozen pizza from it's plastic wrap:eek::D

V0tkKV.jpg

hNUJH5.jpg
Yellow knives beg to be used and that is one fine yellow !!!

Peanut this week is a Remington Sportsman series version:
yIvegKH.jpg

- GT
Thanks for the compliment! I’m a fan of your peanut :thumbsup: (and the golden ratio), what sort of covers does it have?

What a score !! Gorgeous

Thank you! It’s an instant favorite.

V0tkKV.jpg

hNUJH5.jpg
Beautiful bone on that one. Use it in good health!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

paulhilborn paulhilborn

A very good friend of mine always asked me, "who are you saving it for?"

I know I've told this story. He had a beautiful unfired Fox CHE (IIRC) 20 gauge double that still had the hanging tags (built in the 30's). Worth about $10 grand at the time (1989). He agonized having it sitting in his gun cabinet for several years. He finally said WTH, had it re-choked, and hunted with it for many years. Our most treasured possessions are meant to be used and enjoyed in my opinion.

V0tkKV.jpg

hNUJH5.jpg
That’s nothing. My peanut opened the cellophane on three packs of suet for the birds.
And this is coming from a guy with 100% users, but you made the right choice in setting that beauty aside no longer!

V0tkKV.jpg

hNUJH5.jpg

Although modest, that is a quite important task!

Decided to break from my months long custom stockman trend and pocket this 48 today. If they ever make a run of 48's with a wharncliff only, I'll have to have my first single blade wharncliff.
6D1086C8-ADAE-4D87-9CEC-A90FA936574D.jpeg

Peregrin Peregrin

Gary, we have a Case tomato knife that's at least forty five years old. Slices 'em thin. I bought a couple of sets of Case steak knives when I worked in a hardware store back in the 70's. They are about as nice as any I've used.

Well, I got something in the mail today and since I am experiencing some lovely weather and have a pile of chores to get to, I figured that this iconic knife belonged on my belt for the day. I am absolutely in love, hard to get more traditional than a Kephart.

pWXefyF.jpg
Classic! :thumbsup:
Just back from @glennbad , matches my Whittler now:D Going right in my pocket;)

img_20181117_124818-jpg.1022123

~Chip
That looks great! What is it?

What a great Camper! Did you have the shield engraved, or did it come like that?

Today I'm carrying an Enzo Necker
3XrcfuU.jpg

A WWII era Camillus re-covered in maple
jsPmXdL.jpg

and my new Lick Creek, starting to show a little patina. I've been carrying it all week and I hope y'all aren't tired of seeing it.
N7xRI45.jpg

Back