What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Second day in a row for this GEC 15.

I always have an SAK in my left front pocket, accompanied by some sort of single-blade slipjoint in my right. The SAK is usually a Compact or a Rogue, but the other knife varies with the tasks I anticipate facing. Some days call for my 06, my 25, or one of my 14s. If a more substantial or longer blade is called for I’ll bring an Alox Solo, a Slimline Trapper or a Case Tribal Lock.

It’s a little early to tell, but this knife might be a game-changer. It offers enough blade length for most tasks, I really like the Zulu-esqe blade profile, and its slim, narrow frame rides easier in the pocket than even the Solo.

Previous iterations of the 15 didn’t do a lot for me, but something about this one really floats my boat.

5BE496C3-DD00-43A6-AABC-572C9AFFD21D.jpeg

Haha! St Patrick chased them from Ireland to England! ;)
Plenty of snakes around here, especially rattlers. They even have "roundups". Went camping with my wife and daughter a few years ago, and one came into our campground. I promptly crushed its head with my foot and disposed of it. Poisonous.

When I lived in Lebanon in the 70's, they didn't have any snake rhymes, just shot all of 'em on sight (snakes, and most other stuff really)! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

I’ve got these two with me today! :D

47473296841_a7201c24c7_b_d.jpg

Very nice Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Pearl looks sweet in front of that river scene.

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Just received this Harness Jack. Not familiar with the Manufacturer, Enderes.
View attachment 1098672

I can do a little research while in recovery. Harvey, according to Goins' Encyclopedia of Cutlery Markings (1998), the company was founded "in 1908 by Ernest Enderes in Littleport, Iowa. In 1916, they moved to Albert Lea, Minnesota. Enderes had three factories in Albert Lea, each making small tools and cutlery.

In 1926, Enderes sold his Albert Lea operation to E. J. Pihl. Enderes then moved to Guttenberg, Iowa and started to manufacture tools under the 'Original Enderes' name. The cutlery with the 'Guttenberg Iowa' marking were made by other firms on contract."

According to Goins, your knife, with the ENDERES in a rectangle, was made by Enderes in Albert Lea between 1916-1926.
- Stuart

I can do a little research while in recovery. Harvey, according to Goins' Encyclopedia of Cutlery Markings (1998), the company was founded "in 1908 by Ernest Enderes in Littleport, Iowa. In 1916, they moved to Albert Lea, Minnesota. Enderes had three factories in Albert Lea, each making small tools and cutlery.

In 1926, Enderes sold his Albert Lea operation to E. J. Pihl. Enderes then moved to Guttenberg, Iowa and started to manufacture tools under the 'Original Enderes' name. The cutlery with the 'Guttenberg Iowa' marking were made by other firms on contract."

According to Goins, your knife, with the ENDERES in a rectangle, was made by Enderes in Albert Lea between 1916-1926.
- Stuart
Stuart, that was not only a kind and thoughtful of you, but above and beyond, considering your current discomfort. Thank you kindly. Much appreciation. The Enderes sounds like a little treasure. Take good care of yourself and feel better as quickly as possible.

Stuart, that was not only a kind and thoughtful of you, but above and beyond, considering your current discomfort. Thank you kindly. Much appreciation. The Enderes sounds like a little treasure. Take good care of yourself and feel better as quickly as possible.

Thank you, Harvey. I was pleased to offer some information and turning in my chair to pick up Goins' Encyclopedia wasn't heavy lifting. My discomfort is very localized, but my pain management is widespread, running the gamut from weeping to Miss Norma when she asks me to do something to planning my pain pill ingestion around my cocktail consumption (a martini is a clear liquid) to avoid unpleasant interactions. I'm not a doctor, but I have played doctor many times in my fervent youth.

BTW, that is a fine HJ, well portrayed in your picture.

- Stuart

Back