What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'm totin' a Thursday Trapper and a friend.

NQBhIJR.jpg

KoAfYsl.jpg

TkXPlmv.jpg

- Stuart
Very nice Winchester pair today my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Brilliant pair, Ron.

I see the theme, too = great pairings (and the cover colors contribute, too).

Dang, that's a potent pair that you've pocketed, Ron.
Thanks so much for the compliments Stuart! Talking about great pairings! ;)

5K Qs

Gold Member
My "plain" canoe for this week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone model, the first canoe I ever owned; it infected me with a serious canoe fever:
canoe.ajb.closed.jpg

My "fancy" canoe this week is a Mohawk stag canoe, made in Germany (by Böker??) for A.G. Russell:
mohawk.mark.open.shady.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Colonial Forest-Master, my first-ever knife from about 1960:
f-m.mark.Vopen.backyard.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a synthetic handled knife my daughter bought me in Toledo, Spain:
mz.mark.open.jpg

- GT

JJ Cahill

Basic Member
Totin' this Catt. today. The weekend is nearly upon us!:thumbsup: A good day to all.
QIC21bB.jpg
Wow Mark, that's a lovely Catt; the "Indian trail" jigging is marvelous!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Okay, I'll play ball.....local classics. Schrade-Walden 294. OH

Schrade-Walden-294.jpg
Awesome Schrade along with those cool old BB cards; they certainly bring back memories!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Breathtaking toothpick, and legendary bone on both, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gotta be quite a weight difference between those two, JJ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a couple of MAMs I like, but I'll have to pick up one with that blade shape sometime. :cool::thumbsup: Do you like the liner lock?
Thank you Gary!!! It's very hard to beat the old pre WWII jigging! I like the MAM liner lock slightly better than the Opinel twist lock, more intuitive.:rolleyes:
Great foursome you put together today! I'm looking forward to seeing your BB Win sowbelly too!!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You’re very kind, and I agree - Harvey’s knife has some incredible jigging.
I really do admire the patience and skill jigging takes; one day we'll see your jigging looking like Harvey's knife!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Wow! Works of art.
Very sweet couple of beauties for you today; looks like another great elk horn covered EO by you!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Thank you JJ. Those two Trappers are simply stunning.
Thanks Harvey!!! You really paired up a couple fabulous knives; the incredible jigging from yesterday with the lovely file work and coined liners of you snakewood? lamb, wow!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm totin' a Thursday Trapper and a friend.

NQBhIJR.jpg
Your post was the inspiration for my totin' two today, JJ. (Btw, I have a straight line stamped BB 1924, like yours, and an arched stamped one, too. Love'em.)
Thanks Stuart!!! The arched tang stamp is a real rarity! That bone on your 2 beauties was such a perfect cover for these original BB Winchesters; no doubt about their legendary status!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Peregrin

Traditional Forum Moderator
Gold Member
That easy opener is sweet, looks a good user

I really like the handle on the Steingass, actually the whole knife is nice.

Thanks for sharing gents.
Mitch
The stabilized Spalted Maple he used sure made an attractive handle. The S30V makes a nice blade. All in all the knife makes a great edc.

Today I had a couple of my Personal Favorites in my pocket while I was working on my Project . My first 77 Barlow and my first 73 in Stag .
Started cleaning the brass hames

Finally , after about an hour

Everything is fitted , now just have to stain and complete the assembly .

Harry
Looking good Harry! It looks like you’ve been busy in Bay 3 my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Old Engineer

Gold Member
I’ve got these two in my pockets this morning. :) I probably won’t need them both, but what’s that got to do with it! ;) Y’all have a great Thursday! :D :thumbsup:

48332462872_0cda0b9b35_b_d.jpg
Those 2 Jewels will someday be Classics !!! You are posting pretty early in the morning my friend to be a Retired Gentleman .

Harry