What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Toting my GEC Toothpick along with another straight shooter today for a little black powder fun behind the barn.
WSzoAJg.jpg

Pt-Luso

Basic Member
My "plain" canoe for this week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone model, the first canoe I ever owned; it infected me with a serious canoe fever:
canoe-ajb-closed-jpg.1195316

My "fancy" canoe this week is a Mohawk stag canoe, made in Germany (by Böker??) for A.G. Russell:
mohawk-mark-open-shady-jpg.1195317

Wonderful canoes Gary, as I have none, after seeing them, I will think about buying a canoe.;):thumbsup:

5K Qs

Gold Member
Taking this with me today. Found it in a cigar box. Had forgot about it.
w2nhPca.jpg

Good find! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I've been away from here far too long. I'd forgotten what beautiful pocket jewelry the folks here on the porch tote. So here's a little Old Red Bone Sod Buster Jr. I picked up this weekend at the Shepherd Hills Celebration in the Ozarks....
Welcome back, Todd! :) You've posted a couple of attractive SBJrs. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For Wooden Wednesday, I'm totin' a whole hardware store.

cCdbN11.jpg

- Stuart
Looks like a place with a helpful hardware man, Stuart; very cool! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Excellent knives, Gary. I've looked at the silver Alox Classic for years - I so wish they had a toothpick in those because they are really good looking. The Case Humpback stockman is a treasure and a great gift! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I always appreciate your input, Dean. :) I almost never use Vic toothpick or tweezers; I guess I don't know what I'm missing. :rolleyes:

These two today.

The Star Spangled Case Teardrop in memoriam for those we lost on 9/11. And the Buck USA Poly Pearl Cadet because it's pretty.
Excellent choices, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

W:eek:W!! That's a compelling custom, Harvey, with jaw-dropping jigging! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Have the 72 with me today after I applied some potassium permanganate to the covers. I really like how it turned out. Much prefer this darker brown to the more orangey color before. I liked this knife a lot before I applied the PP but now I really love it!:)
Dynamite dye job, Nick! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Wooden Wednesday and for the next several days.
That's a winner, Dave! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

For today's "Thursday totes", two trapper patterns from GEC caught my fancy; a #53 Furtaker trapper and a #43 Oregon trapper.:D
That's some "Heavy Metal", JJ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with the Portuguese Martins de Palaçoulo.;):thumbsup:
Handsome knife with intriguing handle, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’ve got these two in my pockets this morning. :) I probably won’t need them both, but what’s that got to do with it! ;) Y’all have a great Thursday! :D :thumbsup:
Ron, if I had to draw up a list of the 5 GEC models that appeal most to me, both that jigged bone WCLF and the Churchill would be on the list! ;):cool::cool:

Totin' this Catt. today. The weekend is nearly upon us!:thumbsup: A good day to all.
I'd forgotten that you had that glorious Catt, Mark! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OO GEC 29 SYW is A-OK, JDF!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Isn't 9/19/19 "Talk like a Pirate Day"?
Aren't numbers fun. :)

You are correct... Palindromic Pirate Day?
RRRAARRR! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's only a week away, matey.

Thanks, Gary, I know at least one of them you like quite a bit! ;)

Today it's a Bulldog medium stockman with some interesting synthetic covers.
Yes, I certainly am thrilled about one of those slim stockmans in your photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
That Bulldog is no mutt! ;):cool::cool:

Copperhead that I just got off the exchange and my old 34OT
Distinctive blade combo on your yellow copperhead, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'm totin' a Thursday Trapper and a friend.
TkXPlmv.jpg

- Stuart
Long, lean, lithe, lissome - lovely! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I carried these four Yellow Case CV knives on the trail today. Peanut, Pen, Medium Stockman and Sowbelly Jack.
What a quality quartet, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I suddenly yearn for yellow. ;)

Covers of caramel, GT. So sweet!
Just trying to show my appreciation, GT.
Very clever, sir. And thank you,
- Stuart
I'm grateful for your daily remarks, Stuart. :)

Nice pair Stuart !

I have a Winchester Toothpick like yours that my pal @SAK Guy gave me :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I miss @SAK Guy.

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Hen & Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will):
h&r.minicanoe.mark.open.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Remington Big Daddy Barlow (thanks, Shawn):
rembigdad.mark.open.box.jpg

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider baby copperhead:
babycophead.mark.open.shoe.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a S & M #99 (thanks, Jack):
S&M99.mark.halfopen.jpg

- GT

Those 2 Jewels will someday be Classics !!! You are posting pretty early in the morning my friend to be a Retired Gentleman .

Harry
You’re right Harry! The #35 Churchill is a terrific pattern. People that try then really like them. They have become very popular for that reason. I’m fortunate to own several because they are sorta scarce. The #93’s and in particular the Waynorth Lambsfoot is IMHO one of the most significant knives that Great Eastern Cutlery has ever made! My alarm is set for 5 AM or sometimes earlier each weekday morning. It depends on what kind of day Pam has scheduled. Since she is still working the least I can do is fix her breakfast and see her off to work! :D

After viewing the Catt beauty of @Ramrodmb today, I grabbed for these two from Cattaraugus to tote for today; a Whit-L-Craft scout and a cocobolo spey jack.:D
JJ your daily carry choices are a treat for me to see each day! Thanks for sharing them my friend! The bone on your Whit-L-Craft Scout is absolutely outstanding! They are both outstanding! :thumbsup: :cool:

Missing a day here has left me hopelessly behind, so I'll just throw in my carry, and wish everyone a good Friday ;) :thumbsup:

6FJQfeW.jpg

lVursYl.jpg
A great pairing Jack! :thumbsup: I hope you have a great weekend my friend! :)

Ron, if I had to draw up a list of the 5 GEC models that appeal most to me, both that jigged bone WCLF and the Churchill would be on the list! ;):cool::cool:
Harry and I totally agree with you Gary! ;) :thumbsup: :D

JohnDF

Gold Member
Missing a day here has left me hopelessly behind, so I'll just throw in my carry, and wish everyone a good Friday ;) :thumbsup:

6FJQfeW.jpg

lVursYl.jpg
Nice to see Lucy getting some sun. :)

OO GEC 29 SYW is A-OK, JDF!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Thank you, GT. :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1195523

- GT
That S&M is a real beauty! :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope y’all have a great day! :D

40353335583_9f09bac97b_b_d.jpg
Fantastic pair, Ron. :cool: :thumbsup:

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
That easy opener is sweet, looks a good user

Mitch
Thank you, Mitch!

View attachment 1195523

- GT
Only a Canoe Connoisseur would call a Jack Knife “‘miscellaneous”!:D

That’s a beaut!

Ebony and Nifebrite,
Robeson and GEC,
It’s complicated. Sort of a gray area, if you will. Not everything is black and white!:D 3AF9D42C-084A-49FC-8D39-3F46ABAA3466.jpeg A69146F4-ECC4-473D-841B-112E580956F5.jpeg

mb>

Gold Member
I’m pretty fond of this little 14. This particular burlap is my favorite ever, both the color and that you can feel the texture on it. The burlap they used on the Bullnose was glass smooth. I wish they’d run some more of this cover on larger models.

BTg3WuB.jpg

niOyW6r.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Black

Gold Member
Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Hen & Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will):
View attachment 1195520

Big Knife of the Week is a Remington Big Daddy Barlow (thanks, Shawn):
View attachment 1195521

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider baby copperhead:
View attachment 1195522

View attachment 1195523

- GT

Smashing line-up Gary, but I particularly like that big Barlow :) :thumbsup:

A great pairing Jack! :thumbsup: I hope you have a great weekend my friend! :)

Hope y’all have a great day! :D

40353335583_9f09bac97b_b_d.jpg

Thanks a lot Ron, right back at you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Nice to see Lucy getting some sun. :)

Thank you John, much appreciated :) :thumbsup: