What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you Jack!!!
Great triple play today! Your Dutch Army knife looks very close to a Finnish Army version I have; scary sharp and tough!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, that's interesting, I have some Swedish Army knives (Frost's of Mora), but I'm not sure I've seen a Finnish Army knife. My Dutch knife was made in Holland, before Victorinox got the contract :thumbsup:

Thought I'd tote couple Schrades for today. :)

Perfect pair JJ :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is managing OK. I was planning to head into town today to pick up a prescription, but I'm feeling pretty beat, after a bad night's sleep, so I think I might leave it for today. Got a treble again today - Hartshead Barlow, Libert Belgian Navy clasp knife, Manly Patriot ;) :thumbsup:

DGiqHlL.jpg

BSdgSWJ.jpg

oMAohUy.jpg

I'm one of those guys that likes to carry a couple of canoes and a couple of stockmans at all times. Here are the ones I'm carrying this week.
Budget Canoe is a Rough Rider with smooth tobacco bone covers:
tobacco-mark-closed-shoe-jpg.1313571

Premium Canoe is a Böker Beer Barrel canoe:
b-3canoe-mark-vmain-jpg.1313572

Sowbelly Stockman is a Case chestnut jigged bone sowbelly with CV blades (thanks, Ron):
sow-mark-closed-jpg.1313573

Regular stockman is a large Chinese Imperial (thanks, Mark):
large-mark-closed-jpg.1313574

Excellent choice for the week, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

3D561467-4609-4BBA-B78F-A8B7D5C20B1F.jpeg
At school we always have Morning Meeting, our assembly where we start the day with a Scripture passage, corporate confession of faith, recitation of a scripture we are memorizing, and singing a psalm or hymn. Since coming home we’ve kept that routine and it really sets the day into perspective. Psalms are especially good in times like these.

Did someone say Manly?
Have this one for 8 years now and it's the knife that got me hooked on well treated D2 steel... Love it!
It's a pitty they don't make the classic anymore, but I like the comrade and peak 1 and 2!
I haven't got a fixed by them, as I'm pretty much covered in that departement...
sJXTxaK.jpg

1KLANxU.jpg

That's a nice one! :cool: Nice photos too :) I have always meant to buy a couple of more knives from them, excellent prices, and a good company to deal with :thumbsup: D2 is a favourite of mine, the Enzo Elver I was carrying a couple of days ago was in D2 :thumbsup:

That's a nice one! :cool: Nice photos too :) I have always meant to buy a couple of more knives from them, excellent prices, and a good company to deal with :thumbsup: D2 is a favourite of mine, the Enzo Elver I was carrying a couple of days ago was in D2 :thumbsup:
I have an Enzo badger convex D2, which I handled in elm burl. I'll post some. Pics when I have it on me.
8 years ago I had to ring them up for postage to Belgium as the didn't sell them online back then.
This one is black micarta that's so brightly polished it looks posh in my scarred and working hands

Yes, I was a full time saddle maker before I had kids and became a teacher. I just started back as a hobby.
Excellent , very interesting.
I wonder why we don't traditionally have a name for folks that create things from leather? Leatherworker is a feeble attempt, I suppose, but curious why we have/had coopers, cobblers and blacksmiths as folks that were pat of a village years ago, but leather seems far less regarded. Or maybe I'm missing something...

Sadly Will, I don't often drink domestic. American bourbon or Caribbean rum for me :D
Nice picture, Mike :thumbsup:
@Will Power , yeah, I asked Mike the same thing about those whiskies on his recent GAW.
I guess that's why he's called the Crazy Canuck, lol!
But I get it. I'm from the USA and don't really care for ketchup, a substance my friend calls the "American sauce." :p

Today with GEC #83 in stag.;):thumbsup:
Beautiful 83.
I love mine, one of my favorite knives.

Still with the Moki today.

20200402_093720 by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Did not really think that I would take the time to post today because I was extremely busy doing nothing all day and I am still not done . But I stuck this in my pocket this morning . Had to use old photos because I was so busy .

Harry
Memorable quote about doing nothing, Harry!
:D

Nice pic! Great fixed blade.
:thumbsup:I’m quoting you because I like to say
Gumfuddy.
Speaking of Gumfuddy, did you ever put Peeps in the microwave?

I think for Thursday I will carry five blades to work--two classic American patterns:
5IpkOCr.jpg

Trapper

and:
fzohFOL.jpg

Stockman
Love ‘em both, Vince! The Stockman looks pristine.

Thank you, that's interesting, I have some Swedish Army knives (Frost's of Mora), but I'm not sure I've seen a Finnish Army knife. My Dutch knife was made in Holland, before Victorinox got the contract :thumbsup:

Perfect pair JJ :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is managing OK. I was planning to head into town today to pick up a prescription, but I'm feeling pretty beat, after a bad night's sleep, so I think I might leave it for today. Got a treble again today - Hartshead Barlow, Libert Belgian Navy clasp knife, Manly Patriot ;) :thumbsup:

DGiqHlL.jpg

BSdgSWJ.jpg

oMAohUy.jpg
That’s a wonderful photo of your Patriot, Jack.

Today with GEC #83 in stag.;):thumbsup:

Nice photos of a beautiful knife, Jose!

Said it before...great tribute to a classic pattern.
I might be biased because my Grandad carried an old Camillus in that pattern.

View attachment 1313929
At school we always have Morning Meeting, our assembly where we start the day with a Scripture passage, corporate confession of faith, recitation of a scripture we are memorizing, and singing a psalm or hymn. Since coming home we’ve kept that routine and it really sets the day into perspective. Psalms are especially good in times like these.
:thumbsup:Nice.
So true, my friend.

Good morning everyone. Hope you’re all well! :) Today I’m carrying my Case 6347 from 1972 and my Wright’s Bigun Lambsfoot that was recovered in Ironwood several years ago by Glenn @glennbad. Glen always does excellent work and this one was no exception. :thumbsup:

49726592123_4fefcb59ba_o_d.jpg
He sure did, Ron!

Today, the cigar boxes yielded up two old Camillus, a 23, and a 72, and yesterday’s mail produced this Kutmaster hawksbill. The first slip up in my self discipline campaign of not spending money on more knives for a while.
Something about Rules Being Meant To Be Broken, or was that something about a fool and money...
Other than a little wear to the tip, likely from cutting drywall, since it has a plumbing supply stamp in the rosewood,
(Pretty nice rosewood, too),View attachment 1314000
the blade has very little or no sharpening loss, which can be common in hawksbills, and the snap is strong - no need for a blade lock.View attachment 1313990

Awhile ago, our electric can opener died.
After poking around the kitchen gadgets aisle in a couple of stores, I decided not to waste my money. I have Swiss Army and scout knives!
Well, I guess I’d better leave a SAK in the kitchen for Mrs Grave Fleschwund.:D
View attachment 1313991

I wonder why we don't traditionally have a name for folks that create things from leather? Leatherworker is a feeble attempt, I suppose, but curious why we have/had coopers, cobblers and blacksmiths as folks that were pat of a village years ago, but leather seems far less regarded. Or maybe I'm missing something...
The general terms used would be Leather Worker, Leather Crafter, or Leather Artist. Then depending on what you make, you would be a Cobbler, Saddle Maker or Saddler, Clothier, etc.

Back