What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

New to me Camillus 69 and a Eureka Jack

Em8iZiP.jpg

These French knives are so attractive, I had the wooden Laguioles first, and waited for almost a year before selecting/ordering the proper Stag models.

Now seeing your Le Thiers.... it seems I’m gonna experience it all over again ;)

Many Thanks.

HAqVVsN.jpg

Thank you, much appreciated:thumbsup: As for the Stag, I can strongly recommend that too ;)

2Y5xmF3.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing fancy ... well .. O.K. ... the GEC/Northfield Un-X-Ld is "fancy" in that it has real Stag covers ...
However, nothing fancy blade steels: "Just" 440A, 420HC, T10 and 1095. :D
Marbles MR278 "Demo Knife"
Rough Ryder "Classic Carbon Steel" (allegedly) "Large" stockman. (Its only a teeny tiny hair over 4.25 inch closed. Is that really classified as a "large"?)

View attachment 1418953

GEC/Northfield Un-X-LD 852211 Harness Jack
Standard production 2015 Buck 110 (in plain Buck nylon sheath)

Last edited:
Nothing fancy ... well .. O.K. ... the GEC/Northfield Un-X-Ld is "fancy" in that it has real Stag covers ...
However, nothing fancy blade steels: Just 440A, 420HC, T10 and 1095. :D
I'm excited- seeing your (and others!) rough ryders had me curious, so I ended up ordering 3 of them. whoops... ~$15 bucks a pop will do that. One is already destined for a friend's pocket. I'm interested to see how 440A and T10 compare to the steels I know. I hope I like them: I'd be very happy to have a good, serviceable $15 knife option for those times I want to bring a knife somewhere, but am unsure if they are permitted.

Back