What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with Case mini trapper in stag and blue scroll on blade.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SteveNo

SteveNo Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 12, 2020
    Went on a hike this morning as the weather was pretty nice for a change. I brought my mini Grip with me and my Case mini trapper. Which has veen my main carry for the last few weeks.

The weather was amazing
    [​IMG]

As the forest I hiked through was close to the North sea you still come across some signs and remnants of ww2. This is part of the Atlantic wall the Germans build during ww2.
    [​IMG]

Can't wait for Autumn to arrive, might be an even better combination with the orange jigged bone handle.

Reaper AL, colin.p, Laurelbb and 29 others like this.
  3. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Great pattern and I think the Camel-Bone is my favourite, it's a tough choice mind as all the options are so good :cool: I see you've opted for matte look on the bolsters, I'm the opposite, every matte finish bolster I get always visits the strop, even CASE/Bose Collabs :D This would exclude that ludicrous Sausage Comb bauble GEC are successfully peddling though, I wouldn't give it house room :rolleyes:;) But, I like it shiny ;)

Thanks, Will

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Prester John likes this.
  4. Aryan29

Aryan29 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I like the chunky, stout feel of the Camel Bone GEC#62, sure it only comes in polished/glossy bolsters. It’s I who made it matte finish by hand :). for me, in a matte finish the scars and scratch marks are less visible, and we can use ‘em knives freely.

Agree that glossy shiny has it’s charm too :thumbsup:

Many Thanks,
    Aryan

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Will Power and Prester John like this.
  5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning! I’ve put these in my pocket for today. A Northfield Jigged Bone #48 Improved Trapper is keeping my Wright’s Ebony large Lambsfoot company. Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Reaper AL, ISKRA, Laurelbb and 29 others like this.
  6. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

7. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    [​IMG]
    Tibia Tuesday. (Get it? :D)
    I’ll probably only use one... but I want to carry both ;).

8. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    These peasant's knives are just so lovely and usefull. Today I have the Antonini with me.

[​IMG]

Reaper AL, ISKRA, Laurelbb and 27 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That looks like a practical pairing Paul :thumbsup:

Ditto Ron :) :thumbsup:

Very handsome :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's week is going OK, so far. Got my Hartshead Barlow, and a Camillus What-A-Knife, gifted to me by Barrett @btb01 , today :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    [​IMG]

11. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Good morning.
    Totin these today~ GEC Oregon Trapper, and a well worn, but still tight ‘n snappy High Carbon cattle knife.
    84EA4CDF-42A5-49D2-AC94-17E7D894EF86.jpeg 387C790D-AEBF-4113-AF90-BE554519C346.jpeg And I snagged this one off the kitchen counter because I have some horticultural activities planned. 8FCFEFF6-922F-4E1B-A3EB-607C03B66313.jpeg

Reaper AL, ISKRA, Laurelbb and 31 others like this.
  12. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Camillus 14 and Oak and Inox #6 Opinel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reaper AL, Laurelbb, HFinn and 25 others like this.
  13. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks! The dogleg, pointed butt bolster, and slender spear were what piqued my interest. Happily the fit and finish were solid as well as the fine looks.

14. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Same, but in stag. Thanks, Ed!
    [​IMG]

15. JonMcD

JonMcD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2020
    Some days the schedule is tight and you need to maximize all moments if you want to get your porch participation in.

[​IMG]

Reaper AL, ISKRA, Laurelbb and 24 others like this.
  16. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    o_O:eek: lol!

I've heard it only takes 3 seconds to microwave a poptart- might help get a little time in that schedule!

(beautiful knife though.:D)

17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    The Italian Stanleyan again, with all the pocket-tool I need.
    [​IMG]

18. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Two for Tuesday. One in the pocket. One on the belt.
    [​IMG]

Reaper AL, Laurelbb, HFinn and 28 others like this.
  19. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! :) Ditto back at you pal! ;) :D

Jack Black likes this.
  20. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for your reactions to your fine new saddle horn, Chuck. :)

I'm a little slow - I didn't catch your "on the fence" comment until the second time I looked at your post. :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup: Boffo Buck big stockman, Dean!

A couple of pairs of astonishing aged aces, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Jeff. :) Probably not so impressive when you consider that the total was spread from 4:30am to 8:30 pm, so an average speed of less than 1 MPH! :eek: And I never walked more than 3 miles without stopping to do something else: a little over a mile buying groceries and putting them away; 3 miles home to office, then desk work for 30 minutes; 2 miles to the doctor, almost an hour spent sitting around there, then 2 miles back to office; after more work at desk, 3 miles from office to home; and another mile of evening chores.

Quite an adventure for that knife, Alan! ;) The textured handles are very appealing! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I enjoyed the pics of your nice knives and your companionable canine, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Very cool photo, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean & JJ; Jack Black got some incredible ironwood for his SFO lambsfoot. :)

Thanks for the Scruton synopsis, Joshua. :) One of the reviews I skimmed characterized Scruton as a Christian neoplatonist, a position for which I have a lot of sympathy.

Thanks, David. :)

The Abbeydale Jack is a fitting complement to your stag HHB, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Forbidden fruit, eh!?! :D

Sweet pair, Steve; that golden cattle knife is especially inspirational!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Grand grain on the covers of both those knives, Jon! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I think the 23 would probably be too much knife for my lifestyle! :eek:;)

Beguiling bonestag Barlow, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beauteous blade and brew, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I like 2-blade toothpicks, and your ebony #12 is ravishing, Duane! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Among the knives I'm carrying this week are a big and 2 little Rough Riders.
    Big Knife of the Week is a RR liner lock work knife:
    bigwork.mark.open.jpg

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is this RR smooth tobacco bone canittler:
    tbone.canittler.mark.main.jpg

Peanut of the Week is this RR amber jigged bone peanut:
    peanut.mark.2open.wookie.jpg

- GT