What was your first GEC

My first was the 43. When I first saw the design art for them I knew it would be worth the wait.
OEYcX2E.jpg

SHNIF0V.jpg

That’s a great first and the color is great. I didn’t have any northwoods until the last couple of months. They were always so hard to get. I’m still on the fence in the new 38’s, but I can’t pinpoint why.
This was back in the days when they would sit there for weeks...

I have to admit, as of now I am GEC - less. I am looking forward to seeing what the build quality difference is, compared to the Case knives I have been acquiring.
They sure are pretty!

Don
It’s almost night and day difference between GEC and case. Good luck on getting your first

I've been in the GEC game a long time. My first one was bought new in 2008 from knifeswapper, a Big Jack in burnt grizzly cut bone.
Still have it, too.

4GbpmU5.jpg

L4x2qOU.jpg

I was mesmerized by those two big, beautiful blades, especially that pointy, sexy spear. I soon realized, however, that a secondary straight-edge was a huge plus, and began collecting the #53 stockman pattern. Thirteen years later I have finally completed the set.

1yYyPWJ.jpg

Ho5Qfee.jpg

UhnIJ0H.jpg
It’s not often I see real early GEC’s. Those look awesome. Congrats on the collection

I find it kind of interesting that most of our firsts are period specific to the year in which we became enlightened to GEC.
Additionally, it’s unfortunate for newer collectors who don’t have the luxury of picking from an assortment like some of us did.

I believe my first GEC was a #15 in Knifebrite with a long pull spear. I could be wrong though. Wish I still had that knife, along with a number of other GEC knives I sold off over the years.

Purchased 1/28/2016 and I paid too much for it. (With the way things are selling on the Exchange now though, I can probably get my money back on it if I wanted to....)

Tidioute 153215CL Beer Scout Knife - Smooth Ivory Bone. Seller's original description: "Mint never used or carried. Factory tube, wax paper and "beer scout" pin back included as well."

Seller's picture from my original email. I couldn't find any of my own pictures. I will have to (find it and) take it out for some snaps.
262259892754_1.jpg

Last edited:
I believe my first GEC was a #15 in Knifebrite with a long pull spear. I could be wrong though. Wish I still had that knife, along with a number of other GEC knives I sold off over the years.
I think everyone that no longer has their first regrets it now. If only we could back in time.

The current "reserve or scramble" system is another reason I stopped trying to buy GECs. When I bought mine it was no different than any other purchase....they were available on-line and I bought them. I have no interest in participating in today's method of buying.

Purchased 1/28/2016 and I paid too much for it. (With the way things are selling on the Exchange now though, I can probably get my money back on it if I wanted to....)

Tidioute 153215CL Beer Scout Knife - Smooth Ivory Bone. Seller's original description: "Mint never used or carried. Factory tube, wax paper and "beer scout" pin back included as well."

Seller's picture from my original email. I couldn't find any of my own pictures. I will have to (find it and) take it our for some snaps.
262259892754_1.jpg
Nice. The beer scout is what brought me to GEC. I have the draft beer acrylic just because I liked the name.

I guess I was an early adopter, and I don't really remember where I heard about GEC. This River Green Bone 73 from 2007 was my first. Lots of miles on this one--it's the knife I carry bird hunting. Takes a wicked edge.

milaxTL.jpg

I liked it so well I got this Northfield Ruby Red Buffalo Bone 73 not long after, also 2007. It's still mint in the tube. I'm considering putting in the rotation.

1M2YNUg.jpg

I've been in the GEC game a long time. My first one was bought new in 2008 from knifeswapper, a Big Jack in burnt grizzly cut bone.
Still have it, too.

4GbpmU5.jpg

L4x2qOU.jpg

I was mesmerized by those two big, beautiful blades, especially that pointy, sexy spear. I soon realized, however, that a secondary straight-edge was a huge plus, and began collecting the #53 stockman pattern. Thirteen years later I have finally completed the set.

1yYyPWJ.jpg

Ho5Qfee.jpg

UhnIJ0H.jpg
I do not have any GEC's... Jeff always buys the one I was going to buy so I look at his collection as what mine would look like if I had GEC's. :D:D:thumbsup:

Back