What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

In three minutes ....First drill 8mm hole , open two slot from sides and that is that for this 1.5mm thick steel .................straight as hell :)
dfKYfm4.jpg

QcmhSoq.jpg

d8S9D7V.jpg

oIjC5ID.jpg

Here's another Black River Hunter in 8670 in Granadillo and Japanese Privet with G10 Spacers I finished recently. This one's going to a member from Europe and I have zero experience with international shipping so that'll be an adventure by itself.21-16 1.jpg21-16 2.jpg21-16 3.jpg21-16 7.jpg21-16 8.jpg

Found an old Craftsman bad saw from the 50's which was in need of a base & motor. Made a 3/4" base, added a 1/2 horse motor, some wiring & a switch. It's ready to run now & will use it for re-sawing blocks into scales. Reduced the speed with a small motor pulley, sent for some good skip tooth blades for hardwood & it's ready to roll now. I'm thinking it's from the 50's with a cast iron frame & good bearings...

Ej5SRmE.jpg

mdhg3Vs.jpg

Found an old Craftsman bad saw from the 50's which was in need of a base & motor. Made a 3/4" base, added a 1/2 horse motor, some wiring & a switch. It's ready to run now & will use it for re-sawing blocks into scales. Reduced the speed with a small motor pulley, sent for some good skip tooth blades for hardwood & it's ready to roll now. I'm thinking it's from the 50's with a cast iron frame & good bearings...

Ej5SRmE.jpg

mdhg3Vs.jpg
nice score

Work has been exhausting this week, but I found the will to cut this one out of that awesome San Mai from NJSB! I'm going to get up early tomorrow and drill and grind it!
IMG_20210723_201008278~2.jpgIMG_20210723_201019728~2.jpg
And if I really like it I might cut the rest of my three foot bar to this pattern!

Last edited:
Back