What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

9F068578-91EB-42A8-98C0-09B26AA2755B.jpeg425313D6-AA30-44F2-BD41-527A621CE9D8.jpeg
I just finished this Pipe Anvil. It’s for bending sheet metal. The smaller pipes are mounted about 1/16” away from the big pipe so the sheet metal passes between. I have a minor restoration project going on my old truck. This will help me make my cab corner.

the big “pipe” is a full size oxygen cylinder. The bottom of the cylinder I saved. They make good “dishing forms”. Don’t know if I’ll ever use it, but now I have one. Lol.

Last edited:
Another day here with 36 Celsius in shade .....prefect day for making knife :eek:
This one will be for one little man with small hands but with big hearth .....He has helped me more times in my life than I remember ... 52100 steel ,3 inch long blade and little more then 4 inch handle I will grind hollow bevels then hard chrome whole blade . With hollow hard chrome will work excellent ,since only the edge will be pure steel for a long time, even after many sharpening...i hope he will like it .If not i will make him another one , ten if I must ;)

nTmmbA2.jpg

Ground off too much off of the front of the scales after drilling the first holes. Had enough scale of on the bottom and just pushed it up and drilled new holes. Filled the rest with dummy pins. 😂
I also like the look 😁
You shouldn't have mentioned it at all ...... we would think you did it on purpose , and we would copy that ;)
Double pins ................when I think about it , I like that idea . I don't remember seeing anything like it so far . I'll make one knife like that . Of course I'll mention you , something like this maybe .............the credit for double pins goes to FredyCro who make nice mistakes :p

Ground off too much off of the front of the scales after drilling the first holes. Had enough scale of on the bottom and just pushed it up and drilled new holes. Filled the rest with dummy pins. 😂
I also like the look 😁

nice save!

Got to work on some handle material I made! TJ Lam in Pink/Purple Camo on some steak knife blanks and a 4" Elmax blade with TJ Lam Blue Water Camo handles. Still need to do the final fitting and clean up/install on the Elmax and some cleaning up on the steak knives, but it's nice to be able to get back into the shop after working 156 hours in 13 days at my normal job!
E7Swcnv.jpg

7E8IFVq.jpg

I modified little this tool used for gluing hidden tang knives handles. It work without this new part with just tip of blade in upper part , but looking in long blade on thin kitchen knife like this one bent like banana is not healthy.I make slot in handle wood for tang tight as i can but still not pleasant for watching . I used wood so it can not scratch steel ...Never 100 % sure that everything will be straight after curing .... Now all is good :)
gZI7Ob5.jpg

wjwlt9R.jpg

svhtioK.jpg

WjTZ13j.jpg

I'm working on a chef knife from the same stock, and can't wait to see how it turns out! Currently waiting to get mine back from heat treat.
It's quite affordable for a ss San mai, i couldn't find something similar yet in Europe.. But I really think it needs some forging to bring out the transition.

I was going to finish sand the blade before I glued the handle on because it's easier that way, but I couldn't wait! Created a little more work for myself, but whatevs. So stoked on this knife :)
J5tzV5c.jpg

v7ZRJb8.jpg

vK0Gprq.jpg

the brass tubes are pretty thin wall and deform easy with pliers. I had to be careful chucking them on the drill press even. They are very tight tolerance so once they're pushed into the handle slabs they'd pretty much have to be drilled out. So, no try fit with this one. Gradually cinched it down with the clamps and made sure everything stayed nice and straight

Finished this little guy. First attempt at a sheath which turned out acceptable with plenty of room for improvement.
Nice sheath, Colby. Did you find the Kydex difficult to work with? I'm looking to get into Kydex sheaths and am wondering what the learning curve is vs leather.

Nice sheath, Colby. Did you find the Kydex difficult to work with? I'm looking to get into Kydex sheaths and am wondering what the learning curve is vs leather
Thanks Gean. I found it surprisingly easy. I got dies for the eyelets, and foam for the press from knifekits.com. I used my drill press to set the eyelets. All in I bet I was under 2 hours to make the sheath (not including building the press). I don't have any leather experience but from what I have observed of leather working kydex is much simpler. I'd say go for it. I watched a lot of videos from simple little life and J. Keeton J. Keeton to have an idea of what to do.

Thanks Gean. I found it surprisingly easy. I got dies for the eyelets, and foam for the press from knifekits.com. I used my drill press to set the eyelets. All in I bet I was under 2 hours to make the sheath (not including building the press). I don't have any leather experience but from what I have observed of leather working kydex is much simpler. I'd say go for it. I watched a lot of videos from simple little life and J. Keeton J. Keeton to have an idea of what to do.
I am actually waiting on a few Kydex items from knifekits.com. I ordered some press foam, a couple sheets of kydex, a hand setter, and some rivets. I was just wondering what I might be in for. After about 18 months of trying with leather, I am throwing in the towel for now.

Back