Which knives would you pick for WWIII? (If it ever starts)

I need one of those pistol bayonets though for sure! ;)

I thought of the pistol knife but, there is also this option, the pistol grenade. Once you are out of ammo, you just pull the pin and toss your pistol at them.

knifegun-M.png
grenadegun-M.png

Anything else for me is optional. Probably a Buck fixed blade. If it’s WW3, and it’s come here, IMO a knife isn’t gonna do much good against enemy soldiers. Anything knife-related is best carried for its utility uses, as opposed to any potential combative uses (IMO).
I 100% agree. That's why I'd choose a smaller drop point blade like Esee 3 or Izula that'd probably see most use, and my Warcraft Tanto would be here for cleaning brushes, chopping and so on.
Since I'm in Europe, and we don't really have any weapons here unless we are a member of police or military, it's very nice to have something that can also be used in close combat purpose, like if someone's entering your house or shelter. Then you'd be happy to have such a blade at hand.

It would need to be a really good fidget knife, as after the EMP blasts make the interwebz go down I would need something to pass the time.
with the amount of First Strike Targets near new, I wouldn’t worry about the EMP. We’d most likely be vaporized by the initial strike! o_O:confused: Bue Bye!:)

If I consider what I have in my collection it would be a SAK fieldmaster and an Esee4

but IMO knives would not be my first priority ;)

I'm too old for military duty. I won't be neutralizing any enemy sentries, scouts, troops, or spies, so I don't need anything "tactical" the S.F. wanna-bees and mall ninja would go for. Besides, taking them out is the military's job, not a civilian's.

Since all my knives are quite capable of doing whatever I need a knife to do out in the sticks and the more distant boonies, I'll just keep my normal EDC carry:
Buck 110 and/or a two blade slipjoint folding hunter on my belt.
"Demo Knife" or Scout Knife, and a stockman in my pocket.

On the off-chance I'll need a fixed blade, I guess I could add a Mora Number 1, or Cold Steel FINN BEAR in my boot or sock.

I'd probably add my compact 1911 (.45 ACP) in a shoulder holster.

I doubt WW3 will be fought on USA soil. All of our potential enemies know that there are more armed civilians in the USA than there are troops. (more guns than people, in fact.)
They also know that many of those citizens who do not possess a firearm has a bow, crossbow, or some other "obsolete" weapon.
They are also aware that hunting is a popular sport, and if a civilian can sneak up on a deer or grizzly, they can just as easy sneak up on their troops.
All our potential enemies know they may well defeat the military, but they would never defeat the population on their home ground.

Last edited:
Indoors or out, I won't be neutralizing any enemy sentries, scouts, troops, or spies, so I don't need anything "tactical" the S.F. wanna-bees and mall ninja would go for.

Since all my knives are quite capable of doing whatever I need a knife to do out in the sticks and the more distant boonies, I'll just keep my normal EDC carry:
Buck 110 and a two blade slipjoint folding hunter on my belt.
"Demo Knife" and a stockman in my pocket.

On the off-chance I'll need a fixed blade, I guess I could add a Mora Number 1, in my boot or sock.

I'd probably add my compact 1911 (.45 ACP) in a shoulder holster.

I doubt WW3 will be fought on our soil. All of our potential enemies know that there are more armed civilians in the USA than there are troops.
They also know that those citizens who do not possess a firearm has a bow, crossbow, or some other "obsolete" weapon.
They are also aware that hunting is a popular sport, and if a civilian can sneak up on a deer or grizzly, they can just as easy sneak up on their troops.
All our potential enemies know they may well defeat the military, but they would never defeat the population on their homeland ground.
I get you. Not everyone is in the US tho, there's lots of us from Asia and Europe :)

And your enemies also know that your biggest enemies are your fellow citizens. We can all already see it now, first because of the massive protests against lockdown, and now BLM fighting police, street violence, lootings and crime.
If just few nukes landed in the US there'd be chaos. And to have your millitary defeated on top of that...

WWIII is just as likely to be a fight by the state against the people as it is to be a battle between nations.

If we're talking combat weapons, swords will render most knives obsolete. If the world descends into lawlessness you don't have to worry about legal blade length

WWIII is just as likely to be a fight by the state against the people as it is to be a battle between nations.

If we're talking combat weapons, swords will render most knives obsolete. If the world descends into lawlessness you don't have to worry about legal blade length
There's also a chance that people are going to fight the state if they are against the war state is leading.

Swords and knives would only become the thing once ammo runs out. But I imagine bows and crossbows would also still be a thing.

And I agree with you that it's not smart to think you're safe anywhere if WWIII starts.

WWWIII and knives don t go together , guys :p They will be radioactive ..................You better start making lead sheaths :D
Yeah you know I was thinking, won't we get fried by our knives and swords if an EMP goes off?

with the collapse of civil order
the raise of "warlords" is inevitable .
don't expect any help.
personal survival and
self interest will be all that matters
in every survivor's mind.
if you can't stand a life of solitude
you had better be able to show proof
of your usefulness to serve the needs
of everyone.
said it before and now saying it again,
start learning how to sharpen knives :)

If WWIII actually breaks out, knives wont matter. Nothing will except a bomb shelter and ample supplies.

“I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” – Albert Einstein

There are tons of variables in these sorts of scenarios. Thinking about some of them, my EDC rotation might shift to prioritize a higher capacity handgun and a larger fixed blade. For instance, I currently carry an LCR and the Real Steel Receptor is my most-carried fixed blade. In greater civil unrest, I'd switch to a double-stack semi-auto and either my Ruike Jager or Kizer Pinkerton Lancer.

I rarely carry a folder when I'm carrying the Receptor. Switching to a larger fixed blade, I might also carry a small folder for small cutting tasks. Depending on the type of situation, would any of your steel choices be affected?

I have a 4" Survive fixed blade...a good choice if you're up close.
I'd prefer a longer distance and a M4.
Not to worry....not likely to include close-in combat...

Back