Which knives would you pick for WWIII? (If it ever starts)

Knife, :eek: just sharpen up the flash compensator, grab a travel mug (insulated) an a gentlemen’s folder for looted chocolate :thumbsup::D
View attachment 1362856
coffee raiding party ?
TigerUSAAmericanFlagEagleKnuckleKnifeB163US_bf8e2a96-cb84-43a5-bd8c-953bdf39b0bb_800x.jpg

great idea!
with nuclear winter.
its the next black gold to hoard :)

Depending on the type of situation, would any of your steel choices be affected?
Well, I'm usually fan of plain carbon steel so I'd with plain carbon for small fixed blade. Good toughness and ease of sharpening.
But for large fixed blade I'd go with CPM-3V. I would carry diamond sharpener with me too. Main reason is it's insane toughness, second reason is corrosion resistance (it's close to stainless) and crazy edge retention would just be a welcome bonus.

Shouldn't everyone have a medium to large sized fixed blade in case something happens? :D

Nope. You can if you want too.

With all my time in uniform (not that it was a lot) I can only think of once or twice that I wanted a fixed blade over a folder. Looking back, what I really needed was a prybar. I can't see why WW3 would be any different.

If I was to purchase a fixed blade knife for WW3, it probably would be a Glock Field Knife. They are cheap, well made and lightweight.

Forced to carry what you have? Then I could choose from an OKC Ranger Falcon, Benchmade 162, or my father's M3 Trench Knife.

Last edited:
I doubt WW3 will be fought on our soil. All of our potential enemies know that there are more armed civilians in the USA than there are troops.
I would agree that there is much less worry about fighting on American soil for sure, though of course many of our members do live elsewhere in the world.

Back in ww2 I believe it was general Yamamoto who said something along the lines of " you'll face a rifle barrel behind every blade of grass ", he was certainly wise in the advice not to invade us.

I would take whatever pointy piece of metal I could secure to the end of a stick.

Very few humans have been killed in battle by knives or swords compared to the most enduring and most utilised weapon in history - the simple spear.

I would agree that there is much less worry about fighting on American soil for sure, though of course many of our members do live elsewhere in the world.

Back in ww2 I believe it was general Yamamoto who said something along the lines of " you'll face a rifle barrel behind every blade of grass ", he was certainly wise in the advice not to invade us.
That is good, but also bad, because if government is taken down and so on... people will turn against each other, especially when hungry.

Each advantage has an disadvantage or drawback sadly :/

I would take whatever pointy piece of metal I could secure to the end of a stick.

Very few humans have been killed in battle by knives or swords compared to the most enduring and most utilised weapon in history - the simple spear.
Bushman suddenly sounds like a good investment, especially for time after war :D

What makes y'all think it gonna get all Max Max after a WWIII?

You will not find much historical evidence to back that up.

People of strong faith and strong character do not lose their morals in hours of darkness, some even find them there.

When all else is lost communities, families and individuals more turn toward each other, than against each other.

Some folks here need to get right with God, I know I do.

I 100% agree. That's why I'd choose a smaller drop point blade like Esee 3 or Izula that'd probably see most use, and my Warcraft Tanto would be here for cleaning brushes, chopping and so on.
Since I'm in Europe, and we don't really have any weapons here unless we are a member of police or military, it's very nice to have something that can also be used in close combat purpose, like if someone's entering your house or shelter. Then you'd be happy to have such a blade at hand.
I agree with James Y. The knives I picked previously are 99% for utility/everyday/survival use. The gunslinger always has the advantage against the most well-trained “knife fighter.” But if for any reason the user has no access to firearms, knives would be better than nothing I suppose.

People of strong faith and strong character do not lose their morals in hours of darkness, some even find them there.

When all else is lost communities, families and individuals more turn toward each other, than against each other.

While I do believe that strong men of sound character still walk among us, there is also probably a man of weak morals for every good man. A man who thinks that because he has been wronged, he in turn can cause suffering on folk who just want to get by.

I agree that we need to stand with our families and communities now more than ever, especially with all the shit happening in current events. We need to be tough not just for ourselves but for those around us.

This is not everyone’s cup of tea, but these four words got me through some pretty dark parts of my life: “Suck it up, buttercup.”

I agree with James Y. The knives I picked previously are 99% for utility/everyday/survival use. The gunslinger always has the advantage against the most well-trained “knife fighter.” But if for any reason the user has no access to firearms, knives would be better than nothing I suppose.
I agree. If you'd expect someone armed to enter your house with bad intentions, a knife would be better option than bare fists, even better option would be something longer, unless you're in tight space.

Avoiding fights and hiding should still be first on the list tho.

Beer Scout - without hesitation. I’ll need a lot of beer in order to get through WWIII. Can’t have non-twist off caps hindering my feel-good. Hell, I may be able to end the whole damn thing with the right opportunity...”Hey Mr. Hitler… Mussolini… (choose your historical or future villain)...why are you so angry”? With that question and in that moment you pull out 2 frosty bottles of beer - and with the Beer Scout - both tops are popped in a New York second and peace talks ensue....because of the Beer Scout. Without that premium cap lifter you woulda been screwed. That’s my WWIII fantasy :p.

Amen.

You dont find growth, spiritual or otherwise, when things are comfy and stable.

You find it in the darkness.

Back