Who still carries a Case Knife?

I have quite a few Case knives and enjoy carrying a Texas Jack such as this 4" CV 6292.

This one today, 6207 jack. OH

Case_6207_-_Dogleg_Jack_-_1975.JPG

"Who still carries a Case Knife?"

For the last couple of weeks, a yellow peanut and an amber bone large stockman both in CV.

I enjoy carrying a Case as much as I do a GEC, Queen, Buck, etc. Case is like the RV of pocket knives. No matter where go, it's like traveling with a piece of home.

I ventured into some modern clip in folders, my SAK Farmer (always there) and was carrying a small fixed blade Colt CT424 on my belt. I got a little spoiled and lazy with easy and one hand access for quick cuts. As noted earlier I went back to packing my Case Mini-Trapper and my SAK Farmer. But I was still slipping a one hand opener (Buck Vantage or Colt CT591) in my hip pocket.

Today I pulled out my Russlock and set aside the modern folder. I currently have the Russlock in the watch pocket of my jeans, but still easy for it to slip out there. What to do, what to do. So, I just ordered a Case Russlock in Bermuda Green scales with the pocket clip!

Now I can clip in a Russlock for general slicing. I can set my edges on the Case Mini-Trapper in my pocket for different tasks. (I've gotten really attached to that knife.) And I can still tote the SAK along for the accessory blades and just because I want to.

I just hope this Case has better fit and finish than the last current production (2013) Case knife I got.

As a Cub Scout my dad bought me a nice Case, but being a snotty little kid I didn't like it as much as my Swiss Army knife (no clue why), so I didn't take care or it and lost it. I've spent the rest of my 30 years looking for that knife hoping it would turn up. One of my few regrets in life.

So, since I'm a little older ive found a few I like and carry them in a rotation depending on what I am doing. My favorite is actually my CV Sod Buster Jr. But when I'm wearing a suit (5 days a week) I often have a baby butterbean in my pocket for letters or packages etc. Its a little more office friendly I guess but VERY small!

(I tried to post a photo but tapatalk isn't cooperating!)

It's been about six months now since I got my first Peanut. I've not been without a Peanut since - EVERY DAY. It's always my #2 in the watch pocket. My larger knife is always loose in my RFP - usually one of my Barlows, my Stockman or the Radio Jack.

Here are my two fav's although I have a few more. The big guy goes with me when I go backpacking. Check out the wear on that red bone!

This one is from 1972. It has served me well, and continues to do so. Gives the true meaning to pocket worn.

I will admit that I don't carry it much any more, since I have taken a likin' to these new "whiz-bang" type knives. But my roots go deep in Case knives. :)

20140710_0906371_zps6fd3e696.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've been carrying this all week since I bought it. Not the most practical size for carrying everyday, but the Folding Hunter is my all time favorite pattern and I love the scales on it, so I've been making due (I ordered a side draw sheath for it yesterday). I'd love if Case had a mid-sized folding hunter that was just a scaled down version of this, rather than their current mid-sized folding hunter.

FOlding_HUnter.jpg

Would love to see Case offer a few more selection on the Texas Jack besides the Amber and the Red bone. A nice dark Chestnut would work for me.

I carry the swayback jack quite often. Bone handles, cv blades.
I carry a baby butterbean on a rare occasion.
I keep a hobo with me at work also.

Back