you know you're a knife guy when...

Check Wicked Edge again. The new Pro Pack 2 starts at $699. upgrade the base to granite, add a pair of Kangaroo Strops and a pair of curved ceramic stones for recurves, some additional diamond paste, a ceramic cleaning thing add shipping and bingo $850. It's a lot easier than it looks. Others have actually added more stuff and paid more.

I guess that officially makes me a knife guy.:D

I was only making a wild ass guess at the price of the WEPS; that's a lot of coin for a sharpening set-up. It better cook, clean and provide happy endings too.

I guess I'm just not a real knife guy for not understanding... :foot:

"When you deploy your 7" fixed blade from its kydex sheath to open a bag of peanuts on a commercial airliner."

question.......how do you manage to get the knife on board??

When you have a fellow knife nut ask you to buy him some knives, because the place won't ship to his state and so his wife won't know! You say yes because you are an enabler, and decide that since you are buying him knives you might as well get one while your at it too, because it wouldn't be fair if only he got them!

I was only making a wild ass guess at the price of the WEPS; that's a lot of coin for a sharpening set-up. It better cook, clean and provide happy endings too.

I guess I'm just not a real knife guy for not understanding... :foot:

For a while while they were backordered for months the Pro Pack 1 was on sale for 30% off, so I bought one. Was about $280 even with the discount, but at that price I went for it. If you have enough knives it makes sense to get a guided system or drop a lot of money on stones, but $700 is a bit excessive imho.

You know if you are a knife guy because you read this post and laughed out loud at the ludicrousness of this question. :D You obviously are not a real knife guy!

Maybe I'm just jelous, I can only imagine what your knife budget is if you can spend that much on a sharpener. I dont yet own a 650.00 knife. so to spend that on a sharper is crazy to me.

I can free hand a knife sharp enough to shave hair off my arm, how much sharper do you need it than that? but to each their own, if thats what makes ya happy, do whatcha like. I enoy sharpening the old fashion way.

When you spend days trying to figure out what non-knife items you own that you can sell to buy more knives.
HAHA this is the reason I opened a seller acount on ebay.

when ur on a bus with a marine whos been callin his knife a cricket for years and upon seeing the blade you tell him its not a cricket but a CRKT. thats the first one i ever herd but it was cool, not what i would have brought over to ww3 i mean the the middle east, it was a big folder called the m16 something

when you have oil stains in your right pocket and when the only trash you have are thin slices of printer paper

When you pause, rewind, and zoom until you are 100% positive of the knife you just spotted.

When you pause, rewind, and zoom until you are 100% positive of the knife you just spotted.

HA! Nobody wants to watch an action movie at my house. I'll spend 5 whole minutes doing the slowmo shuffle just to get a positive ID on a Cold Steel tanto. Those Hollywood guys need to just do us a favor and shoot a nice 2-3 second closeup of the knife instead of a 1/10 second blur.

HA! Nobody wants to watch an action movie at my house. I'll spend 5 whole minutes doing the slowmo shuffle just to get a positive ID on a Cold Steel tanto. Those Hollywood guys need to just do us a favor and shoot a nice 2-3 second closeup of the knife instead of a 1/10 second blur.

They really need to add a listing of knives and swords in the credits..

Actor 1 knife - gerber x
Actor 2 knife - Guest starring - Busse x

It would save a whole lot of hassle ;)

most college campuses have rules in the hand book about knives, my school doesnt care as along as the blade is under 4 inches I believe, check out your handbook, you might be surprised

My school's handbook technically forbids *any* person or item from being on campus. The weapon policy states 'any item that by use or design can cause injury'. This effectively prohibits anyone from setting foot on campus.

In keeping with the thread, if your Trp CO comes to you with units funds and the instructions 'spend no more than $xxxxx.xx, everyone needs a folding knife, get what is best'

I don't get it... is this a law? Here campuses only have policies, there aren't any specific laws applying to students.

School policies have no legal ramifications (except the few that coincide with local laws, i.e. drugs, assault, etc) but will get you expelled from the institution.

Back