Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

In 10 years of buying, selling and trading I only lost one knife that was shipped to France. I thought for sure this one was going to be number two. Magically spewed out from the USPS abyss, I'm happy it made it home!
20180621_124251.jpg

LfreXLWh.jpg

55wpWGIh.jpg

This T.B. 6339 SS 2001 manufactured Case SS Sowbelly with Cabernet bone covers came in yesterday's afternoon mail. This is a mint, new in the box, never used knife. I gave it a good going over and there are no cracks, chips, gaps, drips, runs, or errors. There is virtually no underblading and the joints are almost completely sunken. The fit and finish is superb. It should be glaringly obvious that the shield on this knife is Case Script of which Jeff black mamba black mamba said that this type of Case Script on his Sowbelly floated his boat. Well, it does kinda float my boat too. I like it. 2001 was the first year Case produced the Sowbelly.

R6TU0Nc.jpg

pO5k74B.jpg

yBPcvnu.jpg

Interestingly, the nail nick for the clip blade is on the mark side of the blade while the nail nick for both the sheepfoot blade and the spey blade are on the pile side of the blades. Later production Case sowbelly knives have the nail nicks for the clip blade and sheepfoot blade on the mark side of the blades and the nail nick on the pile side of the spey blade.

Last edited:
This T.B. 6339 SS 2001 manufactured Case SS Sowbelly with Cabernet bone covers came in yesterday's afternoon mail. This is a mint, new in the box, never used knife. I gave it a good going over and there are no cracks, chips, gaps, drips, runs, or errors. There is virtually no underblading and the joints are almost completely sunken. The fit and finish is superb. It should be glaringly obvious that the shield on this knife is Case Script of which Jeff black mamba black mamba said that this type of Case Script on his Sowbelly floated his boat. Well, it does kinda float my boat too. I like it. 2001 was the first year Case produced the Sowbelly.

R6TU0Nc.jpg

pO5k74B.jpg

yBPcvnu.jpg

Interestingly, the nail nick for the clip blade is on the mark side of the blade while the nail nick for both the sheepfoot blade and the spey blade are on the pile side of the blades. Later production Case sowbelly knives have the nail nicks for the clip blade and sheepfoot blade on the mark side of the blades and the nail nick on the pile side of the spey blade.

That one is gorgeous! The script shield always caught my eye and the sowbelly is such an awesome pattern. Are you going to use this one or keep it pretty?

Nice score, Rick! I gotta quit putting off getting one of those before they all disappear!

I still have my ebony 35 in regular rotation. :) Recently got one of the last 38 Chapman pruners in maroon micarta. Once my mon saw it, I had to fork it over, lol. She put up her 77 barlow and now has a new favorite.

Nice score, Rick! I gotta quit putting off getting one of those before they all disappear!

I still have my ebony 35 in regular rotation. :) Recently got one of the last 38 Chapman pruners in maroon micarta. Once my mon saw it, I had to fork it over, lol. She put up her 77 barlow and now has a new favorite.

Thanks, Taylor. I have an Ebony 35 too but I haven't given it any pocket time yet. My Ebony has the best snap of all my Churchills but I like the Moroon Micarta just a little bit more than the Ebony.

I want to have one of them customized with new handle slabs and a different shield but it's a tough decision which one.

Back