Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

attachment.php
Sorry for the crappy pic, but I wanted to share this one I got today. My first bone handled Case and definitely the nicest I have.

Last edited:
Paul, that really is a gorgeous Bulldog! Those early ones not only look great, but you can really feel the quality. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh ya... Grail Knife Baby!!!
I'm very thankful to Barry @gunstockjack who offered to sell me this knife. He's awesome and he just happens to be one of my favorite GEC dealers. I'd been wanting this particular GEC knife for quite a while now. Not exactly sure why this knife speaks to me so loudly but there are a few things I can definitely put my finger on. Certainly the fact that it's a GEC plays into it because their quality is second to none for a production knife. The orange color and acorn shield are definitely factors since it reminds me of Autumn, hunting, cool weather, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and my favorite time of the year to be in the outdoors with my Jeep and my fly rod. All those fun past memories tug at my emotions. The classic shape of the handle and the blade are perfect for daily use and the size is just right for a harder "user" knife that can still squeeze into my watch pocket. The Delrin is a very durable handle material and the rounded butt makes it comfortable in hand. Lastly, the stainless doesn't hurt either, although I'm perfectly happy with carbon steel as well. I'm so excited to FINALLY have one of these great knives!!!

GEC #745116 in Orange Delrin with stainless steel blade...

Every year I buy myself “something dumb” for my birthday. I say that to justify anything I may get not having to have any real use or necessity. This was for my 37th bday.

Gonna apologize in advance for the photo dump, but I’m super excited to get this knife. It’s not a “grail knife” and doesn’t have that kind of significance, but I really like the looks of it and the 78 single blade has become my favorite.

977001B2-9CEF-40CD-8B92-02F2A9B12A29.jpeg F667694E-9287-4B0F-B58E-906A7AD208EE.jpeg CE55EC4A-E426-4CE7-8F91-95F1ED38F27C.jpeg A6E3DC91-9A4C-4623-86D2-A6B8ABED57C6.jpeg

Can’t get a great close up, but that glitter gold is so cool in person!!

201A2FBA-8173-4A4E-A407-C199BE4A815E.jpeg

-Joe

This 1986 Bulldog Tobacco Barlow arrived yesterday. I haven't been this impressed with a knife in a long time. Solid, centered blades, cool etch, great smooth radius dark green bone covers, fantastic tobacco bolsters and matchstrike pulls:thumbsup: A big THANK YOU to Jeff ( Black Mamba) for in depth history of the Bulldog brand:thumbsup:
SAcxyR.jpg

caOxZX.jpg

qqKBcq.jpg

uPeLP2.jpg
Paul, your new Bulldog just inspired me to start a new thread. I hope you’ll join in. Get ready for “The Dog Pound”!

An early new arrival, was supposed to be here tomorrow. A Remington “saw-scout” by Camillus. This is my first of these, very well made. No gaps, solid springs and kind of a looker to my eyes :).

I’ve tried to snag one in the past and always seem to miss out. Nice acquisition!!

This 1986 Bulldog Tobacco Barlow arrived yesterday. I haven't been this impressed with a knife in a long time. Solid, centered blades, cool etch, great smooth radius dark green bone covers, fantastic tobacco bolsters and matchstrike pulls:thumbsup: A big THANK YOU to Jeff ( Black Mamba) for in depth history of the Bulldog brand:thumbsup:
SAcxyR.jpg

caOxZX.jpg

qqKBcq.jpg

uPeLP2.jpg
Very nice curved Barlow my friend . How do you like the feel of it in the hand ??? That Tobacco Barlow is one that I have seen pictures of but have never found one in the Wild . Congrats on a great find .

Harry

I just received this beautiful, near mint, Western 640 trailing point from the late 1970s. Just the slightest staining on the blade, and the sheath looks brand new. 8⅛" OAL, with jigged Delrin covers and 1095 CroVan steel.

XZgU7s7.jpg
I just received this beautiful, near mint, Western 640 trailing point from the late 1970s. Just the slightest staining on the blade, and the sheath looks brand new. 8⅛" OAL, with jigged Delrin covers and 1095 CroVan steel.

XZgU7s7.jpg
Dang! Talk about a blast from the past! Thanks, Jeff! :thumbsup:

This was my first hunting knife, and a gift from my father, and I still have it. I remember feeling that I had really come of age, and fortunately, I didn't "love it to death" so it's still in pretty good shape.

Very nice curved Barlow my friend . How do you like the feel of it in the hand ??? That Tobacco Barlow is one that I have seen pictures of but have never found one in the Wild . Congrats on a great find .

Harry
Thank you Harry, I really like this one in hand, the curve lends itself to comfortable ergo's:thumbsup: The fit and finish is absolutely outstanding:cool:

Oh ya... Grail Knife Baby!!!
I'm very thankful to Barry @gunstockjack who offered to sell me this knife. He's awesome and he just happens to be one of my favorite GEC dealers. I'd been wanting this particular GEC knife for quite a while now. Not exactly sure why this knife speaks to me so loudly but there are a few things I can definitely put my finger on. Certainly the fact that it's a GEC plays into it because their quality is second to none for a production knife. The orange color and acorn shield are definitely factors since it reminds me of Autumn, hunting, cool weather, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and my favorite time of the year to be in the outdoors with my Jeep and my fly rod. All those fun past memories tug at my emotions. The classic shape of the handle and the blade are perfect for daily use and the size is just right for a harder "user" knife that can still squeeze into my watch pocket. The Delrin is a very durable handle material and the rounded butt makes it comfortable in hand. Lastly, the stainless doesn't hurt either, although I'm perfectly happy with carbon steel as well. I'm so excited to FINALLY have one of these great knives!!!

GEC #745116 in Orange Delrin with stainless steel blade...

Wow nice score! Beautiful.

Thanks, Taylor, with it's slender handle and 8" length it would make an excellent first hunting knife for a younger person. I'd love to see pics of yours.

Thanks, Taylor, with it's slender handle and 8" length it would make an excellent first hunting knife for a younger person. I'd love to see pics of yours.
I promise I am trying to learn how to post pics from my phone but I can't seem to get it figured out. I have lots of knives I would like to post.

Back