Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Oh ya... Grail Knife Baby!!!
I'm very thankful to Barry @gunstockjack who offered to sell me this knife. He's awesome and he just happens to be one of my favorite GEC dealers. I'd been wanting this particular GEC knife for quite a while now. Not exactly sure why this knife speaks to me so loudly but there are a few things I can definitely put my finger on. Certainly the fact that it's a GEC plays into it because their quality is second to none for a production knife. The orange color and acorn shield are definitely factors since it reminds me of Autumn, hunting, cool weather, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and my favorite time of the year to be in the outdoors with my Jeep and my fly rod. All those fun past memories tug at my emotions. The classic shape of the handle and the blade are perfect for daily use and the size is just right for a harder "user" knife that can still squeeze into my watch pocket. The Delrin is a very durable handle material and the rounded butt makes it comfortable in hand. Lastly, the stainless doesn't hurt either, although I'm perfectly happy with carbon steel as well. I'm so excited to FINALLY have one of these great knives!!!

GEC #745116 in Orange Delrin with stainless steel blade...

“I would walk to Pennsylvanian for a chance at a #74 in stainless and orange delrin.”
Congratulations, I am glad you found one without that long walk! ;) I hope it serves you well! :thumbsup: :)

“I would walk to Pennsylvanian for a chance at a #74 in stainless and orange delrin.”
Congratulations, I am glad you found one without that long walk! ;) I hope it serves you well! :thumbsup: :)
Thanks. I didn't even know these models existed until I joined The Porch. Then I saw them on the Totin' thread and FELL IN LOVE with them. That's why this place is so great, there are awesome members that see you want something and sometimes make it happen for you.

This might become a new favorite slip joint. I love 154cm in all its forms. I also like bigger knives with multiple blades. Case did an excellent job on this.
iV2X2ro.jpg

That is a superb pattern with a very handy pair of blades. I have one in jigged red bone that I frequently carry in a horizontal cross-draw sheath. That bonestag is beautiful.
Very true the wharnie clip combo is just perfect for everyday cutting jobs and I think there might be a GEC #48 trapper in my future;)

jv0i9k.jpg
14dmrn6.jpg

Utica souvenir pen knife, only fault is the main blade tang is worn to the point it opens and closes more like a friction folder. You can actually see a very thin flange of metal that is where the spring doesn't touch the tang.
2hs0yvn.jpg
v46phh.jpg

Colonial, great walk'n'talk, no wobble, good solid little knife
2r2q4hc.jpg
108h6is.jpg

Imperial electrician, screwdriver was gunked closed, took a screwdriver to open it. Lots of Dollar General brand spray lubricant, I like it for cleaning knives as it foams up and bubbles out the gunk. And working the blade, its still bout an 8 to open but I can manage it as I got strong nails. Its still getting better, still some crud coming out. Walk'n'talk on the main is great.
nmnvj9.jpg
23k6dc.jpg

Camillus scout/camp knife, walk'n'talk good overall, badly shrunk and warped covers. Interesting 2 piece can opener, riveted together. I'm going to try my hand at making a set from whitetail deer antler, stay tuned lol
zwkuja.jpg
o9g55c.jpg

Romo HI-STAINLESS T-430 Japan
33wveoh.jpg

Group shot of today's haul, grand total of $62.57:D

jv0i9k.jpg
14dmrn6.jpg

Utica souvenir pen knife, only fault is the main blade tang is worn to the point it opens and closes more like a friction folder. You can actually see a very thin flange of metal that is where the spring doesn't touch the tang.
2hs0yvn.jpg
v46phh.jpg

2r2q4hc.jpg
108h6is.jpg

Imperial electrician, screwdriver was gunked closed, took a screwdriver to open it. Lots of Dollar General brand spray lubricant, I like it for cleaning knives as it foams up and bubbles out the gunk. And working the blade, its still bout an 8 to open but I can manage it as I got strong nails. Its still getting better, still some crud coming out. Walk'n'talk on the main is great.
nmnvj9.jpg
23k6dc.jpg

Camillus scout/camp knife, walk'n'talk good overall, badly shrunk and warped covers. Interesting 2 piece can opener, riveted together. I'm going to try my hand at making a set from whitetail deer antler, stay tuned lol
zwkuja.jpg
o9g55c.jpg

33wveoh.jpg

Mighty good haul!

I'm really glad to have gotten this one. It ticks a lot of boxes for me - my first 33, my first stainless GEC and my first GEC SFO.

VIdKkhUr.jpg
No doubt that would check a lot of boxes for me too. Love that pattern and the dog paw just adds to it. I hope we see that pattern again in the near future.

No doubt that would check a lot of boxes for me too. Love that pattern and the dog paw just adds to it. I hope we see that pattern again in the near future.

I agree, it's about time they spit out some conductors again. :D They could even make a jack on this patern although I think the penknife configuration fits it best.

This GEC #35 Churchill with Cougar Clawed bone came in today from Mike at Collector Knives. Overall, it's a nice looking knife with no sunken pins and is sharp enough to use out of the tube. The fit and finish is very good. The pull on both blades is a solid 5 with maybe 5 1/2 on the clip blade. The snap is fine - not sluggish at all. Nice and thin what with only the one spring so it should make for a nice carry.

ZUYR1iE.jpg

5ZXBI3r.jpg

chPs72K.jpg

I really like the Linen Micarta that was used on the 77. Wouldn’t mind seeing it again with the same color on something else.

jv0i9k.jpg
14dmrn6.jpg

2hs0yvn.jpg
v46phh.jpg

2r2q4hc.jpg
108h6is.jpg

nmnvj9.jpg
23k6dc.jpg

zwkuja.jpg
o9g55c.jpg

33wveoh.jpg

I'd say you've got the bug now.

Back