Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

9YyIjOa.jpg

hyP4jbu.jpg

XS8uW3x.jpg
Very pretty pair.

Very pretty pair.

Thanks, John

The stag on the whittler is kinda bla, IMO..but I don't see alot these come up..so I grabbed it.

I wasn't in the market for another #13 Speaker Jack..love the pattern, but wasn't actively looking..couldnt pass up this example...bought it because of the stag...bought the whittler in spite of the stag:)

I may have it re-covered

These just came in from @LastRodeo . Two Bulldog Brand Barlows . They check off a few things on my Knife Bucket List > Bulldog Brand , Reverse Curve Handle Barlow , Tobacco Barlow , Spey Bladed Barlow .

These are some well built knives and these specifically were built in 1986 or 1987 .
I am extremely happy to have gotten them . Thank you very much Mike .

Harry

Niagara Falls, via Titusville yielded new cutting tools......

My oldest chose a bird dog from the store which is very interesting. I actually had a 57 whittler in my pocket that day, and he said it didn't feel right. He likes the feel of the 56. I am exactly the opposite, and have relayed that fact on many previous threads. It shows that we all have different tastes.

My youngest had no doubt what knife he wanted from the store. As soon as he saw @waynorth 's SFO diamond jack 48 in antique Amber, he was done. Chris was joking around with him, are you sure out of all these knives, it was an instantaneous decision for him and she knew it.
I myself ended up with this really nice 44 in stag.
Take care all,
Josh

20180828_073945.jpg

20180828_074016.jpg

20180828_072834.jpg

My oldest chose a bird dog from the store which is very interesting. I actually had a 57 whittler in my pocket that day, and he said it didn't feel right. He likes the feel of the 56. I am exactly the opposite, and have relayed that fact on many previous threads. It shows that we all have different tastes.

My youngest had no doubt what knife he wanted from the store. As soon as he saw @waynorth 's SFO diamond jack 48 in antique Amber, he was done. Chris was joking around with him, are you sure out of all these knives, it was an instantaneous decision for him and she knew it.
Take care all,
Josh

View attachment 974687

View attachment 974688

View attachment 974689
That's awesome. What a great memory for them, and they chose a couple of good knives.

It's good that your sons have different tastes, both very good tastes mind:thumbsup:

I'm sure the attractive tubes GEC use play a part in their pride of ownership- well, it does for me anyway:D:cool:

Take care all,
Josh

View attachment 974687

View attachment 974688

View attachment 974689
You got some great souvenirs, Josh, and a couple of fine looking sons!

Fresh from the Exchange in a very pleasing deal, thank you Neal. Been looking for 'spares' for these BB Winchester Small Gunstock and Teardrop for a good while, now I have users and sleepers. The Small Gunstock (3"/ 7.5cm) are quite different from each other, the latest one being a lighter brown the older is rich dark brown black. I like both but the light colour will be the user and is in its right place, my pocket:D I don't really like large Gunstocks, hence I've kept away from the new GEC 44, but a Small one is very right. I'd like to know how the Small Gunstock compares to GEC's mini Gunstock 22. Any pictures anybody?

As for the BB Teardrop, superb is lame;) Just THE right size and proportions, that jigging goes especially well with the frame too.

xmxG1jP.jpg

Rockon75 Rockon75
Very cool, I'm sure they'll cherish the memories in time to come. I remember the first time my Dad let me pick a knife from the case at the hardware store. I was in the scouts at the time so I chose a Vic sak camping model, my sister picked a yellow stockman. Just gotta ask looking at your avatar, coal miner??

Rockon75 Rockon75
Very cool, I'm sure they'll cherish the memories in time to come. I remember the first time my Dad let me pick a knife from the case at the hardware store. I was in the scouts at the time so I chose a Vic sak camping model, my sister picked a yellow stockman. Just gotta ask looking at your avatar, coal miner??

Yes, mining engineer. I specialized in underground coal.

Yes, mining engineer. I specialized in underground coal.
I'm originally from SWVA, my Papaw on my mom's side was a miner, all her brothers, most of my cousins on that side. My Dad worked various surface jobs, spent many years as a coal truck mechanic. I've never worked underground, but I worked several years at a welding shop specializing in rebuilding the drums from miner heads. Then I spent a few years mechanic on coal trucks. Off highway haul, I spent many hours on a strip job under a truck. Although I'm in North Carolina now my best friend lives in McDowell county WVa. Ever hear of Lebanon Virginia?

I'm originally from SWVA, my Papaw on my mom's side was a miner, all her brothers, most of my cousins on that side. My Dad worked various surface jobs, spent many years as a coal truck mechanic. I've never worked underground, but I worked several years at a welding shop specializing in rebuilding the drums from miner heads. Then I spent a few years mechanic on coal trucks. Off highway haul, I spent many hours on a strip job under a truck. Although I'm in North Carolina now my best friend lives in McDowell county WVa. Ever hear of Lebanon Virginia?
As I worked my way through college, one of the mines i general labored in was the Buchanan No.1 Mine. You probably know it as the old Island Creek property outside of Richlands. Buchanan was next to the VP3 and VP8 mines.

As this is not knife related, shoot me a PM and we can continue to reminisce.

And yes, I've been in both Lebanon, VA and the TN side.

Back