Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I've been meaning to ask someone that knows... is A. Wright not making the Hartshead barlows anymore? I love the lambfoot blade, and have looked online for them, but can't locate any for sale...

The stag on yours is fantastic... color me jealous! :D
The Hartsheads were a limited SFO (special factory order) and never were offered through their online vender's websites.

The Hartsheads were a limited SFO (special factory order) and never were offered through their online vender's websites.
Well, THAT explains a lot.... lol... thanks for the information. :thumbsup:

I was afraid I was losing my "gooberskilz"....

CuBtPBN.jpg

I had to go put up some blinds in a repo house, stopped at Walmart on the way. They got these for 20 bucks,and I gotta say this thing is great! Just wish they'd had it in red.

Nice, what great value! USA made too, wow:thumbsup:
Yeah, red surely would be cool :cool:

After seeing others on here, I decided I should have at least a representative sample of a Laguiole knife... not that they were something I would carry frequently, but just that they were interesting, and nicely made. I ended up with a Laguiole en Aubrac.. a small one, with walnut scales. It IS a very nicely made knife, and came with more paraphernalia than any other knife I've bought. They are proud of their knives! and, justifiably so.... I was surprised to find that the handles on them are wider than they are tall. Odd, but comfortable. The larger ones are probably easier to unlock than this one, being so tiny, but it's a great example of a classic French knife.

Lag%20mark_zpsiljalryv.jpg
Lag%20in%20hand_zpsrd6ritsc.jpg

Lag%20in%20hand%201_zpsirrxrd7w.jpg
Lag%20width_zpsfj4n6xe3.jpg
Lag%20backstrap_zpsp7xlqry9.jpg

I really need to start leaving my wallet at home when I go to the feed store, and carry only enough cash with me to get what I went there to get! ;) I was sunk as soon as I picked it up. The ergonomics of the Case Bose knives really suit me, all three of the ones I own are extremely comfortable in my hand. The F&F on this one is very good. I imagine it will be in my pocket tomorrow.
20190828_192914.jpg
20190828_192938.jpg
20190828_192536.jpg

I purchased a knife collection today from a very nice gal whose husband passed away in July. A lot of Remington knives, some Camillus, Randal Ruana, Rays knives, little knives, etc,
View attachment 1187201 View attachment 1187202 View attachment 1187203 View attachment 1187204 View attachment 1187205 View attachment 1187206 View attachment 1187207 View attachment 1187208 View attachment 1187209 View attachment 1187210

I've been admiring the Remington banana trapper lately, and the Silver Bullet Ranch Hand too.
A lot of those are Camillus made, I believe.
Nice bunch of folders:thumbsup:, and a few good fixed blade knives too!

Ever since @Buzzbait, @veitsi_poika and a few others were showing some really nice WWII era Camillus and Remingtons, I’ve been on the lookout for a really nice representation. I gambled a bit because the photos were not as detailed as I would’ve liked. But I picked up an extremely clean Four line Camillus.

2890-B3-EC-D101-4-F6-A-9002-083058-C83392.jpg

My new Case with the sawcut handles also arrived. Very happy with the color and plan on giving it some serious pocket time this weekend.

7-C8-AC8-CF-8066-429-C-9449-05-B8-B802-D07-F.jpg

Back