Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

GLOW IN THE DARK COFFIN???:eek::eek::D Especially to help all those underground creatures...;)

Did you get a sticker on your RR glo in the dark, warning of possible birth defects, rabies, insanity,HIV, plague, megalomania ,and a general early grave ??;)
Didn't see that sticker, but there was a note about the chance for causing a zombie uprising. The only way to nullify the effect is to buy Zombie Nick's:p
h4ojsMl.jpg

RR cantilever whittler, only 2 faults I can find is a crack in the cover. You can see it under the center pin above. And when closed the lock bar sits a tiny bit proud of the backsprings. Lock-up is solid no play in anything.
QBUSLht.jpg
Jani928.jpg

Just picked this NOS Ontario 8980 camp knife. My understanding is these aren't all that common compared to other makers of this pattern. Its finished good where it needs to be and a little crude in some areas. But its solid with snappy springs, the awl is a solid 9 pull. In fact the tip of the awl bit me pretty good once already. It closes with authority :eek: I've seen the words "built like a tank" used to describe knives of this type, they arent wrong.

It is probably inappropriate to post something like this, but I am still trying to wrap my head around this.

I just made the most ridiculous knife acquisition in my life. I got
this (the first Case knife I vere laid my hands on):
IMG-9165.jpg

IMG-9147.jpg

IMG-9145.jpg

IMG-9146.jpg

this:
IMG-9167.jpg

IMG-9152.jpg

this:
IMG-9154.jpg

IMG-9158.jpg

IMG-9156.jpg

this:
IMG-9148.jpg

this:
IMG-9149.jpg

IMG-9150.jpg

AND THIS!!!:
IMG-9161.jpg

IMG-9162.jpg

for about 255 USD for all shipped to my door. How insane is this?!

I sure am going to share this joy with a guy that ushered me into the rabbit hole of traditional slip joints.

Last edited:
It is probably inappropriate to post something like this, but I am still trying to wrap my head around this.

this:
IMG-9165.jpg

IMG-9147.jpg

IMG-9145.jpg

IMG-9146.jpg

this:
IMG-9167.jpg

IMG-9152.jpg

this:
IMG-9154.jpg

IMG-9158.jpg

IMG-9156.jpg

this:
IMG-9148.jpg

this:
IMG-9149.jpg

IMG-9150.jpg

AND THIS!!!:
IMG-9161.jpg

IMG-9162.jpg

I sure am going to share this joy with a guy that ushered me into the rabbit hole of traditional slip joints.
Yes, that is insane. I would love to here the story behind that. I wish I could PM you.

this:
IMG-9165.jpg

IMG-9147.jpg

IMG-9145.jpg

IMG-9146.jpg

this:
IMG-9167.jpg

IMG-9152.jpg

this:
IMG-9154.jpg

IMG-9158.jpg

IMG-9156.jpg

this:
IMG-9148.jpg

this:
IMG-9149.jpg

IMG-9150.jpg

AND THIS!!!:
IMG-9161.jpg

IMG-9162.jpg

:eek:

Yes, that is insane. I would love to here the story behind that. I wish I could PM you.
There is no story. I just found an advertisment on local used market website where a guy was selling tens of traditional knives for ridiculous prices. I took these and left many a great knife behind for others to snatch. I was bracing myself to be scamed all the time as it seemed too good to be true.

I am going to PM the guy and ask "Why, for goodness sake, why?!"

There is no story. I just found an advertisment on local used market website where a guy was selling tens of traditional knives for ridiculous prices. I took these and left many a great knife behind for others to snatch. I was bracing myself to be scamed all the time as it seemed too good to be true.

That is the story. Congrats!

Odd as it may seem, it's probably easier to replicate the knife than the tube with it's artwork, and the printing on the cap.

OK, got the answer. He says he had been collecting knives in many years and now he is selling those he never used or used a little, but soon found out, they were not cutting it for him. He is simply getting rid of ´the old´ to make the room for ´the new in the future´ and even though he is still into knives, he is now focusing on things he needs and things that work for him.
The price was just a function of the very little interest knives of this type get in this country and the sum he thought be reasonable to get back.

Very cool guy.

this (the first Case knife I vere laid my hands on):
IMG-9165.jpg

IMG-9147.jpg

IMG-9145.jpg

IMG-9146.jpg

this:
IMG-9167.jpg

IMG-9152.jpg

this:
IMG-9154.jpg

IMG-9158.jpg

IMG-9156.jpg

this:
IMG-9148.jpg

this:
IMG-9149.jpg

IMG-9150.jpg

AND THIS!!!:
IMG-9161.jpg

IMG-9162.jpg

Nice haul!!!

Back