ZT hit its peak? Or are they just morphing into something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tl;dr got 6 pages in and gave up

Not as entertaining as bodog's other thinly veiled troll threads about all this KAI recently. Probably why this one hasn't gotten locked like the others yet.

3/10. Step up your game.

Those people who feel that way should just stick with buying HK. They have built an entire reputation on the 'we only provide to operators and we hate having to sell to consumers.'

Classic straw man. Why don't all these outdoors type guys just stick with Gerber? After all, they built their reputation on "we provide only to outdoors guys and we hate having to sell to anyone else." That's an immature statement and it's completely irrelevant. Why does anyone buy a CRK when they can buy a jarbenza? And spyderco selling certain knives only to LEO's??? Heresy. Let's all blackball spyderco. And hinderer too. Selling only to first liners. Pshaw. Unheard of by any reputable company.

Those people who feel that way should just stick with buying HK. They have built an entire reputation on the 'we only provide to operators and we hate having to sell to consumers.'

The HK line made by Benchmade has been discontinued courtesy of Benchmade.

The HK line made by Benchmade has been discontinued courtesy of Benchmade.

I think he was talking about HK in general, not just knives. But anyway his statement was a combination of:

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent

And ad hominem attacks: is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

Instead of adding anything substantial whatsoever he trolls by accusing others of trolling. Only intended to derail the thread. He has no desire to actually discuss anything or propose any ideas, he's simply content wasting his meaningless life wandering around forums aimlessly crapping on anyone who happens to catch his interest.

Last edited:

what kind of knife are you looking for for your job? honestly there hast to be one out there that fits.
can you draw/sketch something that you have in mind that ZT can make?
what features do you want to see?

can you not find any older ZT's on ebay that you want?

Classic straw man. Why don't all these outdoors type guys just stick with Gerber? After all, they built their reputation on "we provide only to outdoors guys and we hate having to sell to anyone else." That's an immature statement and it's completely irrelevant. Why does anyone buy a CRK when they can buy a jarbenza? And spyderco selling certain knives only to LEO's??? Heresy. Let's all blackball spyderco. And hinderer too. Selling only to first liners. Pshaw. Unheard of by any reputable company.

Wouldn't this post fly directly in the face of your post back on page 4 or 5 about ZT should get stick to supporting those who helped put them on the map by building a line for professionals?

How do you justify a brand building for one group but others shouldn't?

Oh, pardon the paraphrasing but I am not likely to spend the time to scroll back to find the post. I was just surprised that this drivel is still going on...

I think he was talking about HK in general, not just knives. But anyway his statement was a combination of:

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent

And ad hominem attacks: is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

Instead of adding anything substantial whatsoever he trolls by accusing others of trolling. Only intended to derail the thread. He has no desire to actually discuss anything or propose any ideas, he's simply content wasting his meaningless life wandering around forums aimlessly crapping on anyone who happens to catch his interest.

There is literally nothing in this thread worth discussing. Your entire first post was just another unintelligible diatribe about ZT now only making 'pocket jewelry' when their new knives vastly outperform their older knives in the realm of cutting.

I'm sorry you FEEL that ZT doesn't make knives for you anymore but there's no reason for you to cry about it.

Go buy a Medford. Should be right up your alley.

My HK 'Argument' was a JOKE based on a very famous article from many years ago called 'HK-Because you suck. And we hate you.'

I would say I'm sorry it went over your head but that's not my fault.

Don't be ridiculous. One doesn't simply "buy a Jarbenza." The Jarbenza finds you, like a strand of fate that ties together space, time, and the meaning of one's existence in this life. When a Jarbenza makes itself known unto you, it's a moment of shining divine meaning, an epiphany of the soul that is a world beyond anything that can be purchased with money.

their new knives vastly outperform their older knives in the realm of cutting.

Not when you are on a mountain top and have to pry rocks out of the ground around you build a foundation then use said knife to cut down trees to make the floor joists for your lodge.

Not when you are on a mountain top and have to pry rocks out of the ground around you build a foundation then use said knife to cut down trees to make the floor joists for your lodge.

Your mountain survival cabin bivouac sounds pretty high tech.

Lucky.

I operate with my ZT, what can I say.

The next good looking knife put out by ZT will be their first ever. Right now, the whole line up has gone flipper crazy, and that's not a good development. Reate already makes tons of ugly-azz flippers for similar or less money.

Oddly, only when carrying a newer lighter CF show side model, like a 452cf. My old 350 is used as a hammer.

Wouldn't this post fly directly in the face of your post back on page 4 or 5 about ZT should get stick to supporting those who helped put them on the map by building a line for professionals?

How do you justify a brand building for one group but others shouldn't?

Oh, pardon the paraphrasing but I am not likely to spend the time to scroll back to find the post. I was just surprised that this drivel is still going on...

Still waiting for a reply to this. I don't want it getting lost so he can choose to act like he missed it.

Bodog - Why not look into having a knife custom made to your specifications with the features you want? Why waste nearly a full day arguing with your fellow forumites blowing smoke trying to fabricate market facts or pretend that you know what every first responder needs?

ZT is a large company that needs to cast a wide net to make a profit in this business and they are doing fine. They employ hard working americans to make a quality product right here in the USA, not many other companies can say the same. You dont like what they do then dont buy their products. I highly doubt that your rambling arguments and ever changing points of contention even peak their radar. Constructive criticism is one thing, contentious threads full of unsupported opinions about their business model aren't the way to make a valid point.

did you not see the 606BLK? i think this was from a South Korean dealer. not sure if they are going to be avail in NA.
its an RJ martin design and showcases the milling capabilities that ZT has.
ZT-0606BLK-7.jpg

I want it. Like i dont even buy all black blades but i seriously want that thing. I like it better than the og 606. All black is just mean looking. Well i know what im buying if I go to korea right? In fact they did me a favor. I need another bill like I need a heart attack.

Still waiting for a reply to this. I don't want it getting lost so he can choose to act like he missed it.

Your question really makes no sense since I never said they should make tools ONLY for certain people. I said they should include tools that are only available to people with proper credentials. That's only because of laws on the books, not because I don't believe people should have them.

And I'm happy you can build a cabin on some mountain. Maybe you can actually put out a decent review of the knife you used. Or didn't use. Yeah you know what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back