1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade 535 Bugout, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 16 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

99 Wallstreet on the horizon, who's excited

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by nyrico, Oct 9, 2018.

1. 3-1-1

3-1-1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    I like the wall st. well enough, but wasn't really craving this. But ordered one anyway because the ss just comes around so little. Took I think over two years since the last ss run of anything. Funny cause I can think of a half dozen other knives I would prefer at the same price right now. But I know those I can sleep on and they will still be available a month from now if I decide to buy.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    mitch4ging likes this.
  2. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's mine. I like it! I know the chestnut can be soft, but hey? It's my favorite pattern.

ISKRA, GE Jr, mitch4ging and 6 others like this.
  3. 4thpoint

4thpoint

Sep 28, 2015
    Are the springs SS?

4. nyrico

nyrico Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Mail call. Really like the wood, love the matte bolsters, feels nice in hand, very smooth opening and closing, has just a tick of up and down play.

NKD-99BF.JPG

ISKRA, GE Jr, TFBraden and 9 others like this.
  5. BenjaminRush

BenjaminRush Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Beautiful knife but I’m shocked that I’m not warming to the pattern as much as I thought I would! Thought it would be a slam dunk for me for sure!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    GE Jr, TFBraden, tmd_87 and 4 others like this.
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I see 'em drop...
    I hem-and-haw for a while...
    and then just like that, they are gone!
    I obviously don't want one bad enough to pull the trigger.

7. nyrico

nyrico Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

Chief, boykinlp, cbr1000 and 2 others like this.
  8. Southern Appalachia

Southern Appalachia Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 8, 2016
    My poor wallet

Kiro likes this.
  9. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    My last one that I have been waiting on. I hope I get a nice one. I am new to collecting GEC, so apparently I'm lucky to have been able to get a stainless steel knife, since they are not offered often.

Between the 14's, the forum knives, and this knife, my wallet is screaming for mercy! It may be awhile before I can buy anything else.:(

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  10. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Don't forget to grab an 85 while they are around! Your wallet will hate me but you will be happy later :)

boykinlp likes this.
  11. Hivoltage

Hivoltage Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Just ordered a couple in the burnt orange! Pics to come! Love this pattern and that beautiful orange is well just gorgeous.

mitch4ging likes this.
  12. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Mine arrived today. I'll take picts later but it's a great pattern! A little side-to-side play but that's pretty standard for GEC.

13. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I got mine today as well. A little side to side play but nothing bad. You'd have to be looking for it. The knife opens and closes smoothly and the blade is centered but the bolsters are a bit rough even by GEC standards.

14. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Not if you include Northwoods knives.

15. inkmachine77

inkmachine77 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2017
    I missed this release, anyone looking to sell or trade, email me:
    [email protected]
    Thanks in advance

16. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    There are still some yet to release, so you may get lucky yet. Keep an eye out at the dealers listed on GEC's website (if you need the link I can email you, but some of the dealers are not BF supporters, so I cannot link it here).

17. inkmachine77

Mar 5, 2017

18. inkmachine77

Mar 5, 2017
    Thanks for the heads up :)

mitch4ging and JTB_5 like this.
  19. inkmachine77

Mar 5, 2017
    just scored a chestnut 99!!!
    thanks to colin for the referral :)

20. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    I am REALLY kicking myself for missing this one! Just about the perfect knife in my eyes!
    Nice looking for sure!:thumbsup:

dc50 likes this.