• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Allan Blade

SharpByCoop said:
I submit that it is well worth it to me, and maybe others on this forum, to have a small donation sale of anything you have worthy, with the proceeds to go to Joe and maybe others. If this loss (which will never be addressed by Allen) is so very important to us as BF community, then I am all for US, member to member, to 'make it right'. In this case alone.

You know, We did that "across the street at the 'other place'" when Mr. Sigmon became a drain on the community. It made us all feel better, paid off his victims, AND made the community stronger. I like the idea.

As a bonus, we could quit all this crap with BB. Sir, the only reason the debate continued is that you continued after your first post. Your first post was a reasoned argument, and I thought well made. However, while people have to accept that this IS how you plan to deal with Mr. Blade, you should NOT expect people to accept it without comment. As long as they're not commenting on YOUR forum, why do you care?

As for the stuff about revocation of independence, just as the stuff about Americans in Afghanistan, IT ISN'T FUNNY. Given the tone of the conversation up to that point, added to your threats of litigation, it wasn't going to be funny. It isn't an American vs. British thing. Its a matter of you not being very funny. You started out (in your first post) as coming off a gentleman. Your standing has quickly slipped, and no matter what anyone has said to you it is nobody's fault that you have allowed a degeneration of your responses but yours.

-Anthony

SpyderJon said:
As for the stuff about revocation of independence,IT ISN'T FUNNY.
That's an opinion rather then fact.
I thought it was funny (though rather old). I don't think a forum based in a country where you have a right to carry guns just incase the government overthrown by terrorism decides to return is the place for such jokes though.

Andy_L said:
I thought it was funny (though rather old). I don't think a forum based in a country where you have a right to carry guns just incase the government overthrown by terrorism decides to return is the place for such jokes though.
This from someone who lives in a country where it is illegal to carry a decent pocket knife( without poper cause of course) Phoney Tony and his mates have screwed you guys good and proper.

I think some harsh things have been said here by too many of us. Some of them meant in humour, some in frustration, some in anger and some in blind following of the herd. On both sides.

A discussion of the honesty of one American knifemaker who has been allowed to trade on a British forum has been ripped apart on an American forum by an international group.

Is that a bad thing?

Well, I'm sitting here in Nottingham, drinking an Australian chardonnay and listening to a band from San Francisco called 'Two Gallants' who I also went to see on their first UK tour in Nottingham a fortnight back. Got them both to sign the CD I bought. Tyson Vogel is the best drummer I have ever seen, maybe aside from Dave Grohl. They are a great band:

www.twogallants.com

That's just a link cos' they're a good band.

So lets' not get too nationalistic, eh guys? We are all to blame. But here's something to think on:

I have in front of me my newest purchases:

A Boker Subcom, designed by Daywalker, from Hawaii, USA. Mahalo Chad, my good friend. I think some of you know him.

A slim little knife by Jason Cutter, an Australian who needs no introduction here.

A fighter by Toni Oostendorp, AKA 'Cubereaction', a knifemaker from Holland. Maybe the best knife I have ever bought or seen.

And an Alox Victorinox SAK. Swiss.

And I've got a Doug Ritter Minigrip in my pocket.

We live in a big wide world of knifemaking and using and collecting and we are all, essentially, on the same side. I hope we can put this down to a misunderstanding in how two different forums approach things. If things do go wrong for our members in dealings with Allan Blade I, as a lawyer who attended U.Mass and Wesleyan (on exchanges) will be the first to take legal action against him. I will also come to this forum and apologise to those who warned us.

Is that fair?

Danzo

Lawmandan said:
If things do go wrong for our members in dealings with Allan Blade I, as a lawyer who attended U.Mass and Wesleyan (on exchanges) will be the first to take legal action against him. I will also come to this forum and apologise to those who warned us.

Danzo

See you in a few weeks, then.

Andy_L said:

Again, maybe its because you all seem to be used to the Queen's, but first off, I WAS stating an opinion, and secondly I don't see too many of the American members laughing do YOU? Maybe from someone else, maybe in another area of the forum (W&C perhaps), and MAYBE in a different context it would be funny. However, in this time, in THIS place, from THAT person, it wasn't funny. Glad you got a chuckle out of it, though, I suppose.

-Anthony

MikeD60 said:
See you in a few weeks, then.

Tell you what, Mike, if you will be so good as to provide me with the details of what you have personally lost in terms of non delivery from Allan, and can verify that with an invoice, then I will do my best to pay you back your money from my own pocket.

I have no particular 'thing' for Allan or his knives. I owned one which was delivered late, as usual with Allan. It was a superb knife. I sold it as the birth of my first daughter meant that I would be doing less outdoor stuff for a couple of years and I like 'using' knives to be used.

I do have a 'thing' for tolerance and understanding. For forgiveness of sins and a willingness to let those who have sinned prove they can become better people. I would hope that is a prevailing sentiment across this forum.

Can we sheath our knives?

Danzo

hello Martyn, and Danzo-

I dont know anything about allenblade but think what youre doing here is most honoUrable.

Ron

Tolerance and understanding are all well and good, but when someone has owed someone else for 5 1/2 years and has promised over and over that he is going to get it taken care of, I think this person has used up all the tolerance and understanding he has coming.

For years Allan has been saying that he was going to get Joe his knives or money right away. He has not come through once. He made a half ass effort to pay Joe back and that is all. He says he will make 4 big knives and have the people that purchase these knives pay Joe instead of him.

This would have all been over if Allan had kept his word and fulfilled his obligation. He hasn't done that. This situation has faded into the background on occasion only to be brought back up by the fact that Joe keeps us informed as to whether he has been paid. When we find out that it has gone another six months without Joe getting a dime, then we start on Allan again. You know what? He deserves everything he has gotten.

Allan comes on here and gets all indignant. He tries to make it sound like he is being falsely accused of lying. he has lied through his teeth on this forum, over and over again. He resently posted that he had sent all Rob Simonich's Talonite back to him and owed him nothing. That was a lie. He said he had the knives shipped out to folks on BB on January 25th. That was a lie. I could find many other examples, but I think you get my drift. Allan manipulates the truth so often that he probably doesn't think he is lying, just fudging things a little.

You can be as tolerant and understanding as you want, but please forgive me if I don't share these sentiments.

Joe Chen has declined previous offers to take up a collection to compensate him, but it's worth trying again -- maybe we can convince him to accept this time. It would make sense, Joe! You dug in to your own pocket to compensate the members of your forum who were cheated -- don't we have just as much right to chip in as you did? Why not let us spread it around instead of one person bearing the whole burden?

(Thanks Cougar!) ...and so Keith, as you are one of the champions of the cause here, I need to ask: Are you going to simply BTTT this forever or do you really want to do something about it?

I made a valid suggestion and got three respondents who are willing to make this go away and help in the process. Please join us. If you aren't willing, then explain why.

My point is fairly clear. BTTT is NOT informing people or doing any good. Ironically, at this stage, it is working against us.

Coop

Coop, in the past people have suggested doing something to get Joe his money. When that was suggested, Joe flatly refused. He wants nobody except Allan to pay him what he is owed.

Andy_L said:
I don't think a forum based in a country where you have a right to carry guns just incase the government overthrown by terrorism decides to return is the place for such jokes though.
LOL, is that what they tell you about the 2nd amendment in schools over there? (snicker)

That was then, this is now.

Joe Chen: Pride is a powerful tool. Almost as powerful as humbleness and generosity. But these sentiments combined trump pride any day of the week.

I submit we have a community that wishes to help in a small way. it would make *US* feel good to help and close this. Please reconsider our offer and just let things happen as it may. You may set a nice precedent for the future.

Coop

TorzJohnson said:
LOL, is that what they tell you about the 2nd amendment in schools over there? (snicker)
I think that came from the simpsons

"If I don't own a gun the king of england can come in here and start telling you what to do. Do you want that? Do you? Do you? DO YOU?"

Hello to you all, this being my first post, i am carefull not to offend anyone, by 'jumping' in and not introducing myself.

I am here because Lawmandan, and Martyn, have been under quite a bit of flack over the last few days, and although they are quite capable of looking after themselves, i have felt the need in a 'protective' way to post my opinions, however insignificant they may be.

Fighting like this doesn't help Joe and others get their money, we are all 'lovers' of knives, and share a small part of this 'world' we call 'internet' together.

I have true regret that people have not recieved goods, when they have paid for them, that is wrong simple as that. Whatever difficulties Allan has in life paying your debts to trusting people should be priority, there is no excuse for that.

What people have semed to miss out on is the idea that by giving allan business he may be able to pay others off, a long shot i agree, but when options are limited i think this is worth a go, and probably better than reverting to name calling and general bad feeling towards each other..

In a world where choice is limitless when buying a custom Knife allans knives have a lot of competition, people dont need one of his knives, but the idea of giving business to him is valid for the 'overall' cause.

I apologise in preparation for an almighty 'backlash' not knowing the history of the 'past' dealings, and under qualified to make an opinion on this matter, but opinions are like assholes, we all have them

i really hope this gets resolved, if not then the correct measures should be taken to ensure it never happens to either British, American, or martian Knife lover again.

Andy_L said:
I think that came from the simpsons

"If I don't own a gun the king of england can come in here and start telling you what to do. Do you want that? Do you? Do you? DO YOU?"
Well, if Homer Simpson said it, then I'll agree with it 100%. :thumbup:

TorzJohnson said:
Well, if Homer Simpson said it, then I'll agree with it 100%. :thumbup:
It was meant as a joke.
I think I've taken this off topic. There is a area for polictical talk on here so I might look about in that section

Back