An open address, and my last post in this forum..( Or..How NOT to act on a forum )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to say that I have only had experience with one ZT product, the 0350 stonewashed.

It's a good knife. I'm happy with the cost to value ratio, and it performs as expected from the price point (and beyond, IMHO).

There are some things I don't like about it, but that's more personal preference than anything else (and they are so nit-picky that I won't mention them here).

I'm sad to see ZT go. I understand why they did. Forums are drama centric, and this isn't the only forum that I have found that to be true on.

Anytime you have people who are really really invested in a certain "brand" or "item" you are bound to have a lot more emotional attachment than you are if you are talking about an item that is emotionally neutral. It would be like me posting a highly negative review about a shovel from a big box store. it's informative, and will likely save someone from buying a crap product like I did, but I doubt that anyone is going to get their panties in a bunch over it. Post a negative review about a product that many are emotionally invested in, and you are going to have people who's toes feel stepped on because THEY INVESTED and negative reviews don't reinforce the perceived worth of their "investment" either emotionally or monetarily.

I don't get the drama. If you like something, and feel that it is worth keeping and using..........then it was a good purchase. If you don't like it, but spent a lot of money on it.......and are looking for "the good" then I can see where having negative reviews would be hard to stomach, but in the end.....caveat emptor.

It would be like me posting a highly negative review about a shovel from a big box store. it's informative, and will likely save someone from buying a crap product like I did, but I doubt that anyone is going to get their panties in a bunch over it.

my collection:

:mad:What do you mean by crap product?!?:mad:

In all seriousness I agree with what you meant.

ON TOPIC:

Does anyone have any experience with Microtech's Elmax in relation to ZT's?

I noticed on Microtech's website that they are listing Elmax in just about all of their current production knives.

This is in Noway trying to defend John or Kai or whomever but why attack someone who is just conveying there opinion we all have them and we all have our own own way how it's delivered yes sometimes it upsets people coming off as rude or condescending but that's the beauty of it we are all different. Yes I will admit that John has persuaded me into what knives I bought recently but so has sticktodrum,iceman,smokeeater and a few others each one of those guys has different tastes and some I like and some I don't. To sum it up if you don't like what the person has to say don't watch or listen to what they say.

This is in Noway trying to defend John or Kai or whomever but why attack someone who is just conveying there opinion we all have them and we all have our own own way how it's delivered yes sometimes it upsets people coming off as rude or condescending but that's the beauty of it we are all different. Yes I will admit that John has persuaded me into what knives I bought recently but so has sticktodrum,iceman,smokeeater and a few others each one of those guys has different tastes and some I like and some I don't. To sum it up if you don't like what the person has to say don't watch or listen to what they say.

Opinions and all that are nice but when it's coupled with thin skin, massive ego, and a tendency for attention grabbing...it's just a big :thumbdn:.

A lot of us don't watch "reviews" but when the "reviewer" has come to this forums and that other forum to stir up controversy multiple times...

Roy7420, I can agree with the points you have made but when two OWNERS and one head of major knife companies have had negative interactions with the guy on several occasions, you gotta wonder a little bit. One such event was face to face and is quite infamous. Another was forced to give a rebuttal several times because of his allegations and Ive never seen the man take issue with an individual besides John which speaks volumes.

So is JDavis the Miley Cyrus of the knife world? Controversy for more attention? Or is he about "truth" which is why he is drawing the ire of companies with "things to hide". We are all here to learn, and want facts. We share feedback and bring up issues for knife company reps here on the forums. This is part of the reason why these companies are here in the first place. I dont think that anyone is offended by someone's truth seeking as it should be welcomed. But as you see from the responses here, many feel that there is more to it than just being about the truth.

What was the beef with CRK all about?

Doing the same thing in the CRK forum as he was doing in the Kershaw forum, stirring up controversy, pushing buttons and having a minor fit when called out on his activities. He was asked to leave the forum.

Sad to say, it appears he didnt learn any lesson there and continues.....
Rather than lose manufacturers from this site, the next course of action may be to lose a certain Youtube reviewer.

Doing the same thing in the CRK forum as he was doing in the Kershaw forum, stirring up controversy, pushing buttons and having a minor fit when called out on his activities. He was asked to leave the forum.

Rather than lose manufacturers from this site, the next course of action may be to lose a certain Youtube reviewer.

Thanks, I'll have to do a bit of digging should I find the time, I found his vids on the wicked edge useful back when I re-discovered knives (20 months ago ish), the recent events have been a shame, only damaging to the forum and knife enthusiasts.

The Kai spokesman assures that Kai's closing the forum has nothing to do with JDavis' reviews of their Elmax knives. I want to see more independent testing. There's a place for that in the industry.

It's the fastest way to crap on and alienate a ton of people in the industry you want to try and thrive in. Winning.

I wish I had some ZT Elmax . To dislike . After the video their was one with some guy shooting food in high speed.:thumbup: that was fun.

This thread is chock full of how not to treat companies, subscribers, or fans. Totally agree with RevDevil, winning.

Amen to that. Helmethead is still wet behind the ears and seems to thrive on drama lately.
Funny how much "expertise" he has gained in such an awfully short amount of time. ;)

If an individual is having multiple problems with multiple people/companies on the Forums, he might want to look for the common thread. The mirror might be a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back