• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Another Paypal Discussion

I think you might be on to something. Oh sorry... I meant just plain "on something".:p

"Family Friendly" language on open forums is a BF policy/rule. If BF steps into the realm of policing off-site third party policies, where would it end? Should they monitor shipping procedure, Int'l customs restrictions? Perhaps every sold item should be drop-shipped to a BF moderator for inspection? Blade Forums will continue to moderate according to it's own user agreements including any perceived criminal/illegal activities conducted on the forum. Paypal payments are conducted through Paypal.... offsite.
I didn't see the replies to my post until today. Your argument is nonsensical. If bladeforums changes their sales policy to not allow GIFT as a form of payment then it's BF site policy. Anyone violating the policy could be dealt with according to whatever rules are in place.

Additionally, I didn't argue for anything beyond modifying the rules to not allow GIFT as a form of payment, so your assertion that additional policing or rules would be required or that such would happen is also ridiculous.

And lastly, people have said they would quit selling if they can't accept GIFTS as payment. There have been plenty of these threads in the past where that was said.

People do not have to use Paypal to sell items. If you are not willing to pay for the service, don't use it. There is mention of the gift feature it in the exchange rules. It does not strictly forbid the gift option but does warn against using it. Rules are usually made for the dumbest guy in the room. Adding layers of rules to remind folks to use their "common sense" is frustrating. Maybe they should add a rule for no third party posting of images in the exchange, too? Photobucket doesn't like that... oh wait, I forgot, Photobucket polices their OWN site. So should Paypal.

Photobucket sucks, btw...:mad:

... and ALL my posts make perfect sense. I am never wrong... well, I thought I was once but it turned out to be a mistake.:p

Last edited:
Hmmmph...seems like there's even more net/f&f B.S. than usual. Almost every sales thread I've clicked on lately :(

~Chip

I noticed that too Chip. Seems like I'm seeing more than usual asking for FF or net to me.
Looking at the silver lining.......it's been saving my wallet because I would've bought at least 3 knives if the sellers posted one EFFING price payable G&S!!
And for that......I thank them!!
Joe

Hmmmph...seems like there's even more net/f&f B.S. than usual. Almost every sales thread I've clicked on lately :(

~Chip

Perhaps we could start a thread calling out sellers that offer/request the Gift option? Would that be too far?

~Chip

A very bad example of simple greed overriding the policies of paypal. This can't go on forever, maybe Bladeforums hands are tied, but Paypal will and have taken the gloves off with offenders pulling the F&F payment to garner their "net". Has it become so impossible for people to take responsibility for what they are doing, especially when they are clearly in the wrong. Where is your honor, sense of principles, or just plain old being forthright about how you conduct your self. If you don't like Paypal's policies either move to another source, or contact them directly. The very act of signing the user agreement, means you are giving your word, so don't let a few bucks make you void of character and integrity. How many dollars is your honor worth?

Going by the amount of sellers asking F&F lately???
Their honor is worth exactly 2.9% + $0.30.
Some more outlandish sellers are asking you to add up to 6%.
These guys are saving me lots of cash!!
Joe

A very bad example of simple greed overriding the policies of paypal. This can't go on forever, maybe Bladeforums hands are tied, but Paypal will and have taken the gloves off with offenders pulling the F&F payment to garner their "net". Has it become so impossible for people to take responsibility for what they are doing, especially when they are clearly in the wrong. Where is your honor, sense of principles, or just plain old being forthright about how you conduct your self. If you don't like Paypal's policies either move to another source, or contact them directly. The very act of signing the user agreement, means you are giving your word, so don't let a few bucks make you void of character and integrity. How many dollars is your honor worth?

I agree with you 100%, if someone signs a user agreement one should stand by his name and honor. They are providing a service to you therefore they are entitled to the cost rendered. If you do not want to use PayPal there are other methods of payment. I also will pass on any knife listed in the Exchange that asks for F&F.

In the event BF rules were added to eliminate Gift, think about the amount of I've been ripped off threads we all won't have to read. Paraphrasing but I won't miss "Something smelled fishy about the seller, but I paid via gift anyway for that $2000+ knife".

Hello, I'm going to answer you here because I can't send you PM.
So, here's the deal:
- Send me $3000 via PayPal using the gift option
- Provide me with your home address + phone number for the shipping.
I'll provide you a tracking number as soon as the knife will go.

Thank you !

:eek:o_O:eek:o_O...wow, trying to rip PayPal off to save $100 on a $3000 sale.

~Chip

:eek:o_O:eek:o_O...wow, trying to rip PayPal off to save $100 on a $3000 sale.

~Chip

Oh, come on! The guy has 2 feedbacks, what could go wrong there? :p

Thankfully the buyer is insisting on G&S, although he's paying the seller's fees.

I've looked all over PayPal's site and I can't find a valid link to report abuse like this...you'd think they would make it easy :(

~Chip

Hello, it is not a question of reaping off PP but the fact that I want the exact amount of money I've asked for...
But you're right somehow: my sentence is not correct. I should have written : "use FF or add the fees - it's up to the buyer's will but I want the exact amount I've asked for"...
No ? :confused:

Hello, it is not a question of reaping off PP but the fact that I want the exact amount of money I've asked for...
But you're right somehow: my sentence is not correct. I should have written : "use FF or add the fees - it's up to the buyer's will but I want the exact amount I've asked for"...
No ? :confused:

When you say you want "the exact amount I've asked for", why does that only pertain to the PayPal fees which you agreed to pay when signing up and using their service to sell things? Looking at your recent sales threads, you include shipping in your sales price. Why is one cost of doing business included in your price and the other, which offers you and your buyer protection, tacked on after the fact? That's just odd to me.

When a seller gives the option to pay via F&F or add the fees, or if they want the buyer to pay for shipping insurance, it does not instill confidence that they really care that I receive what I've paid for. That's probably not always the case but it's the impression that these methods of selling give off.

Last edited:
If you're willing to take F&F on a $3000 sale and cheat PayPal out of $100 for fees you agreed to when you signed up...then you're a thief, plain and simple.

~Chip

Well, I do care that my buyers do receive what they paid for, whatever the price is.

But you right "Benchwarmer380", it doesn't inspire confidence. I'll try to be more careful in my WTS thread next time. :)

Then, to answer "WValtakis", you're right, it is to act as a thief. I do appreciate the facility of PP, but I do not appreciate their tax evasion...
As a matter of fact, they do business everywhere in Europe, and when it comes to pay their own taxes within Europe, their answer is : sorry, we're in Luxembourg therefore, we don't pay taxes in your country...
But again, you're right, I should be better than them... (Here's some thought for me... :()

Augustus Cole... I checked out that sale thread. It doesn't seem like you are maliciously trying to cheat buyers or Paypal. Here are some points to consider..

1. Whether you read them or not, you agreed to Paypal's user policy when you signed up. The policy states that the SELLER is responsible for paying the fee and passing them on to the BUYER is not allowed.
2. Using the "Goods and Services" option(along with following shipping proceedure) makes both the seller and buyer eligible for protection, should a dispute occur. You are essentially asking the buyer to forfeit their "safety net" to recoup money for a service you agreed to pay for when you subscribed.

That being said, there is no rule about working the paypal fees into the selling price, behind the scenes. I suppose you could offer a discount for payments outside of paypal... However, I have found paypal to be the best and safest way to get paid, outside of a direct money transfer.

The service provided by paypal has value. Most of the people who complain about PP have never purchased eCommerce software/services or tried to manage international sales on their own.

Last edited:
Zero feedback, been here two weeks...and willing to steal $100 from PayPal/forfeit your buyer protection. Let me jump right on that, lol.
Hi Here is a Brand New Knife From Samuel Lurquin the price is $2700 PayPal Friends and Family.View attachment 751460

~Chip

Back