• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Brad Duncan Custom Knives = NO HONOR! Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I told your wife that I thought I put a reserve of $720.00 I was going to let her have the knife for that price if she would have just waited for me to see what I did wrong on ebay
(emphasis added).

If this is really Brad Duncan's wife, I suggest you learn how to do something before you go about doing it.

Then, if you make a mistake with a listing on an auction site, it is YOUR OWN FAULT.

You do not make someone ELSE eat the cost of YOUR MISTAKE.

Incredible.

FWIW, yes, I HAVE had a Duncan knife. I had a terrible experience with its lock slipping with mild (less than 5 pounds) pressure, and when I wrote in about it, he told me that he could, as a special favor to me, fix it...

... for $100.

-j

There was recently a Brad Duncan knife in the For Sale Forum and I felt bad for the Seller cause no on in thier right mind would touch it.

Time for an Attorney and Small Claims Court. If you go this route contact me and I'll chip in $30 to help offset the cost of pursueing this properly.

Do any members have Attorney Friends in the Area who would take this up?

Mitch

Thanks for posting all your thoughts on this site but the truth is Brad is good at what he does and people will always buy his knifes, and he will take care of all these pissed of people as soon as he can. Brandi Duncan

Mrs. Duncan,

I can only say that, IMO, a lot of folks who may be in the situation of not having knives they've paid for/sent for repair/etc. with Brad would probably feel a whole lot better if they got the tangible sense that he was paying attention to their issues. When people call and email and can't get one single response it's hard to imagine what other impression they may be left with other than he doesn't seem to care that I'm trying to communicate with him. The fact that he may want to get everyone straightened out is lost to the lack of communication. Just a suggestion, but perhaps a different balance needs to be struck between the knifemaking and the interacting with customers.

First of all I told your wife that I thought I put a reserve of $720.00 I was going to let her have the knife for that price if she would have just waited for me to see what I did wrong on ebay BUT SHE TOLD ME THE KNIFE WASNT WORTH IT,AND THAT HIS KNIFES DONT BRING THAT MUCH MONEY and started talking shit so f--- off. , if she would have kepted her mouth shut the problem would have been solved. And as far as Brad goes he works very hard and his work is GREAT , he has made a few mistakes and has hired someone to handle this so it doesnt happen again in the future. He has sold thousands of knifes and works very hard to make everyone happy. Sometimes its IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE. As far as emails go Brad gets hundreds of them daily if he went though everyone and replied he would never get any work done.Because he would be on the computer all day. Thanks for posting all your thoughts on this site but the truth is Brad is good at what he does and people will always buy his knifes, and he will take care of all these pissed of people as soon as he can. Brandi Duncan

That is some of the worst customer relations I have ever seen. You, Mrs. Duncan, should not get involved in dealing with your husbands customers. You are not at all good at it. From the looks of things, your husband isn't very good at it either.

First of all I told your wife that I thought I put a reserve of $720.00 I was going to let her have the knife for that price if she would have just waited for me to see what I did wrong on ebay BUT SHE TOLD ME THE KNIFE WASNT WORTH IT,AND THAT HIS KNIFES DONT BRING THAT MUCH MONEY and started talking shit so f--- off. , if she would have kepted her mouth shut the problem would have been solved. And as far as Brad goes he works very hard and his work is GREAT , he has made a few mistakes and has hired someone to handle this so it doesnt happen again in the future. He has sold thousands of knifes and works very hard to make everyone happy. Sometimes its IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE EVERYONE. As far as emails go Brad gets hundreds of them daily if he went though everyone and replied he would never get any work done.Because he would be on the computer all day. Thanks for posting all your thoughts on this site but the truth is Brad is good at what he does and people will always buy his knifes, and he will take care of all these pissed of people as soon as he can. Brandi Duncan

I think perhaps she should have "kepted" her own mouth shut.

I truly hate to hear this as I hoped to pick up a Whiplash one day. After reading this post, I can assure you, that day will never come. I wonder how many like me are out there? Hmmmmmm.....

I agree with the others here... You don't make your customer pay for YOUR mistakes. It's too bad that e-bay didn't step in and help the customer. I thought they had rules about poor selling tactics.

Also, Ms. Duncan, if the language above is how you talk to a customer, I wouldn't do business with your company either. And PLEASE, check your spelling and grammar before posting.

XJ: I sure hope you get compensation before you have to take it to court. Good luck to you, fellow collector!

what a joke these pieces of shit are.

Yup, that says it all!!!

I remember when pauly boy was getting crap for his poor workmanship, poor business sense and overall bad attitude. His wife registered on the forum in question and ran to his aid and like Brad's wife just made excuses and shirked any responsibility. Paul had just started as a Maker and his knives looked awful but still got hundreds of E-mails and could not keep up with offers (so said Mrs. Paul). Last I knew he went belly up in the knife world; must have been from all them orders.:rolleyes:

Most "honorable" sellers on E-bay consumate the sale even though an error is made. I am not talking about a 2008 Porsche listed for $90 instead of $90,000 but a knife that Duncan claims should of had a reserve a couple hundred bucks higher. You eat it and learn from your errors and not screw the buyer who expected the seller at least knew the basic game rules. Oh but not Duncan, Brad Duncan, he sends his wife to tell us that we are just talking shit to the big bad world famous Master and to F*** off. Everyone in the world is chomping at the bit to own a Duncan, but not me as I already have enough YO-YO'S!!

Brad probably does get hundreds of E-mails daily; from the folks he owes knives to that have already paid and from all the Bill collectors!!!

Wow, I can not believe Brandy Duncan actually wrote on this thread. Her true colors came out for everyone to see.
If anyone is interested, I put down the actual “word for word” corresponding email’s that took place after the winning auction had ended on eBay (Item # 110213983544). Sorry for the length…… & I am truly sorry for owning so many Brad Duncan Knives.

Dear hagshaggle,
I can send the knife monday when i get home overnite it would be $720.00 including shipping I have a pay pal account or you can send check to me
- stingrayextreme

Dear stingrayextreme,
What are you talking about? I won the auction for $538, you can not just change the price because you did not get what you wanted for the item. It’s not worth more than $550 on the open market for this knife, (especially when nobody knows who you are). I have bought several knives in the past and know many collectors; I am taking a chance on your knife. This is an auction, sometimes you don't get exactly what you think it should go for a cretin item. I really don't want to make a stink, but come on, work something out....
- hagshaggle

Dear hagshaggle,
Like i said there was supposed to be a reserved on this knife of that price it was my first time using ebay and something went wrong Im sorry about the misunderstanding and it doesnt mater who i am Brads knives are well worth this price you should know that sense you buy so many knives from so many dealers. Im not a dealer,thats cheaper than what a dealer would charge you
- stingrayextreme

Dear stingrayextreme,
First off I never said that I buy from dealers. How old are you? You have no creditability with a rating of 0, and that is why the knife is not worth what you think it is. I understand mistakes are made by being new at this, I am just trying to come up with a *fair solution*.
- hagshaggle

"Brandi Kirby" WROTE:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:45:36 -0800 (PST)
Just to let you know Brad is my husband. Im sorry
about the mistakes and will contact ebay for a
solution. Please do not email anymore with your
comments about my husbands work.

"Hags Haggle" WROTE:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:17:40 -0800 (PST)
First off I never commented on your husbands work. I just think you don't read everything clearly. As I stated before, you have no creditability on eBay, because you have a feedback of zero (0). Please go back and read everything.... I just think you could of come up a solution like; "split the difference" or something similar to that. I am a reasonable person, and very rational.
On top of everything, If Brad is your husband, why are you selling his knives on EBay. His knives are to nice to be having his wife sell the on a auction that will lower his overall value, (he truly is a premium knife maker). Once again with a higher feedback rating you would of received much more money on your knife. If you need more $, tell a friend to sell it for you that has a high feedback rating, you would then get at least $700 for the knife with no problems.
I personally own, with my partner in Germany, 16 Duncan knifes. Pictures show this.......
After all that is said, I really can't believe this is going on for a few bucks. I now see you have the same Stingrayextrem yahoo address as on Brad's website for selling stingray products. I find all this all very strange. Once again I understand mistakes are made and its no big deal, but wow, nice start on eBay. I will also contact Brad on this as well just to make sure.

"Brandi Kirby" WROTE:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:23:36 -0800 (PST)
Do not email anymore.

oh they are wonderfull folks to deal with lol.

i wouldnt own any of his work myself, not after this situation.

Maybe the forumites should start emailing the Duncans to show our displeasure with this sort of service.

Boy, I get trade offers for Duncans all the time. Glad I turned them all down.:cool:

How does that saying go....oh yea.

"It's better to remain silent and be presumed an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

i wouldnt own any of his work myself, not after this situation.

After seeing the way he has treated people, I would not put money in his pocket to fuel his endeavors. Its like some of the drug money that goes to fund terrorist groups. If people keep purchasing his knives they are, in a sense, enabling him to get away with his actions.
I guess a better analogy is the boycotting of certain tuna fish products that destroy dolphins in the methods they use to catch the tuna. Its the same thing. When you buy a Brad Duncan knife you are providing him with money to make more knives to rip more people off with.
Just my humble opinion.

After reading Ms. Duncan's responses I'm struck by the irony that were the roles reversed — say MRHAG had mistakenly bid more than intended, pleading "I'm an eBay rookie" — she would've shown no mercy and demanded that he honor the unintended bid (I could be wrong, but don't think so).

Its unfortunate to see a good maker fail. When it's accompanied by this kind of dishonesty and complete disregard for good faith dealing, it's a slap in the face to buyers and makers alike.

In the end, superior knifemaking skills cannot compensate for — and overcome — a lack of character.

I can vouch for MRHAG on the quoted emails. I received them from MRHAG as we tried to sort out fact from Duncan-spawned fiction. I also received similar infromation from Brandi last week. By the way, it's the only communication I have received since speaking to her on the phone in December 2007 when she said I would have my refund in 2 weeks. I'm green and Brandi is blue. The original correspondence between Brad and myself is red (It is FAR EASIER to read the correspondence from the bottom up):

David I see what they said and I dont care what so ever I dont make much money on the rayskin it just gave me something to do at the shows. And as far as me changing prices I did not do that. I made a mistake I thought I put a reserve of 720 and I guess I didnt it was my first time to sell and I would have worked something out with that lady but she told me as soon as I asked her if the knife showed a reserve of 720. she then emailed me back telling me the knife wasnt worth it etc. talking sh*t,If she would read things right I wrote I thought I put a reserve on the knife we were wanting 720. I was waiting for a response that ( she didnt see a reserve or however it goes)I just wanted to know what I did wrong. I was gona send her the knife but she started saying the knife wasnt worth it so we sold the knife f**k her for putting Brads work down. When she found out who I was she wanted to work something out, f**k that we sold it. Thanks and Im sorry but I dont care I what they say about me.

--- David <*******@******.com> wrote:
Sorry, I misunderstood that you were asking me for it. I used the one listed on the website:

elkent892@verizon.net

It has been verified to work by some network administrators who also happen to be knife collectors. Also, Ed seems to answer requests for new business when contacted. Perhaps you will get better results than I did. Since you seem like a nice person, here's a friendly FYI... You might also check out the following link which was started on bladeforums.com, knifeforums.com, microholics.org, jerzeedevil.com, etc... (I'll get around to posting on the biker and gun forums when I have the chance) There are ALOT of people just dieing to hear Brad's side of things and with 3400+ hits in just a week, many more who would like to see how the whole mess plays out.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529246

Thanks again!

David
Erin go Bragh!
KC9LEM

On Feb 5, 2008, at 4:41 PM, Brandi Kirby wrote:

I was asking for Eds email I do not have it and
would
rather not ask Brad for it

Yes I do. I have forwarded him every email between Brad and myself as well as my phone, PayPal & shipping information. I have not heard from him at all. Not once. Your emails today are the first contact I have received since you and I spoke on the phone in December 2007. Thanks for the suggestion though.

David
Erin-go-Bragh!
KC9LEM

On Feb 5, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Brandi Kirby
<stingrayextreme@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Also do you have Eds email address

Brandi, I appreciate your taking the time to reply. It's far more courtesy than your husband has shown me. I would be happy to deal with Brad directly if you would be so kind as to supply me with a working phone number that he is actually taking calls on. I might have accepted a knife had he bothered to reply to me, but based on the current situation I have no reason to believe he would actually deliver on a new knife. Besides, getting hime to make me a better knife than what I pid for would assume that I communicate with him and he communicates back which is not happening. I am only interested in my $450 and not a penny more as I am honest and do not want something for nothing. I am well aware from talking to the dealers (Neil at TNK, Three Little Indians Custom Knives, etc...) that he has received substantial payment on knives he has made and sold to them (in 2008) while not delivering mine from 2007. On a personal note, I would suggest removing your business from his website if you are concerned with his making you look bad by association. It's hard to distinguish between the two entities when they share a URL. As I have said, I appreciate your reply, Brad can PayPal me the $450 at any time - no harm, no foul.

Thank you,

David
Erin go Bragh!
KC9LEM

On Feb 5, 2008, at 1:56 PM, Brandi Kirby wrote:

David I will leave a note for Brad on his desk.Im not getting involved in Brads work Ive tried to help handle things to help and it just makes me look bad.He doesnt live up to the things he tells me hes gona do in our personal life,Im sorry its been a bad experience for you, but I know Brad it would be easier to settle up on it if you would except a knife, Tell him to make you a better one for your troubles.
Brandi

David <*******@******.com> wrote:

Thank you for the reply. Below should be all the information you need. He can Paypal me the refund at this address. *************

David
Erin-go-Bragh!
KC9LEM

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 5, 2007 7:21:13 AM CDT
To: David <*******@******.com>
Subject: Re: Green 3" Whiplash

Very good,

Have a great day

----- Original Message -----
To: "Brad Duncan"
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 06:52:08 -0500

Sounds good. The check will be coming from Illinois. ******** Bank where I have been banking for 30+ years.

David
Erin go Bragh!
KC9LEM

On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:57 AM, Brad Duncan
wrote:

Hi David,

I do take personal Checks. that would be the best way to pay this time. My Merchant account is up inthe air due to a overseas stolen credit card scam. So Just make a Check out to Brad Duncan (no Knives) Where will the check be coming from?

Thanks
Brad

Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:39:55 -0500

Hi Brad, quick question... do you accept personal checks, or should I get a USPS money order to send you as payment tomorrow?

Thanks,

David
Erin go Bragh!
KC9LEM

On Oct 2, 2007, at 12:19 PM, Brad Duncan
wrote:

Hi Dave,

That sounds good, Make payable to Brad Duncan send to
1806 pin Oak Trl.
anna TX 75409

Thanks for the business

Brad

To: "Brad Duncan" <brad@duncanknives.com>
Subject: Green 3" Whiplash
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:29:25 -0500

FYI... Slight change... I'll be able to send you the full $450 on Friday.

Best regards,

David
Erin-go-Bragh!
KC9LEM

On Oct 1, 2007, at 10:01 AM, Brad Duncan
<brad@duncanknives.com>
wrote:

That will work, Send to this address and made payable to
Brad Duncan
1806 Pin Oak Trl
Anna Texas 75409

Thanks for the order.

Brad

<brad@duncanknives.com>
Subject: Re: Please add me to mailing
list
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:46:13 -0500

Excellent! I can get a money order/cashier's check out to you this week if that's OK. My paydays are the ****** & ****** so it will go out ASAP. I'm assuming the address on your website is the correct one to use.

Thanks,

David
Erin-go-Bragh!
KC9LEM

On Oct 1, 2007, at 9:38 AM, Brad Duncan
<brad@duncanknives.com>
wrote:

Hi David, That will work. I can do the green for you.
How do you want to pay the deposit?
Thanks for the business.

Brad

<brad@duncanknives.com>
Subject: Re: Please add me to mailing
list
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:33:12 -0500

Thanks for the reply. For the scales I really like the OD green micarta job you did as seen on the website. It is the 8th one from the top with 2003 written under it. Could you take a $250 deposit to scale & hold it, followed by the balance on 10-22-2007 (payday)?

Thanks,

David
Erin-go-Bragh!
KC9LEM

On Oct 1, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Brad
Duncan
<brad@duncanknives.com> wrote:

H David,

Thanks for the e-,mail.
I do have acouple of 3 " whiplash's that just need to be put together. Titanium bolsters and s30v. The scales are up to you. you can have one now if you want it. Just let me know asap. They are 450.00 YOur also on the list.

thanks
Brad

To: "brad@duncanknives.com"
<brad@duncanknives.com>
Subject: Please add me to mailing list
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:16:27

Hi, saw on your website that you may have some knives coming up soon. Please add me to your mailing list. I am looking for the 3" medium Whiplash.

Thanks,

David
Erin-go-Bragh!
KC9LEM

And YES... I know NOW that I shouldn't have done a cash deal with a knife maker. I assumed he was good to go since he appeared at the time to be reputable in the community.

WOW - Seems like MRHAG was the first one who was willing to work something out, NOT Brandi Duncan. Even after winning the auction and all the rights on his side he was willing to. I guess Brandi better should have kept her mouth shut in this post, because after these guys showed all the emails, the way she writes and talks looks a lot like white trash to me :barf:

Yeah, right - Hundreds of emails.... A DAY !!! Must be a wrong link on google that you get all the fan mails from Spears & Timberlake - I bet most emails are from customers who got ripped / pissed off and wait for knives or refunds :thumbdn:

Brandi - YOU made the mistake, YOU are the one not able to do stuff right!!! Learn to read - auction rules are simple - You are not able to do a reserve on an item before you have 10 positive feedbacks (100% positive - NO negatives - Good start by the way :D )
You had 0 feedback. That`s why the knife didn`t get a higher price (and that`s all the negative MRHAG said in his mail, nothing about your husbands work (again: Life is WAYYY easier for people who are able to read)

Time will tell if the $160.00 you saved on the deal with MRHAG was worth the bad reputation about you and your husband. There`s a lot of complaining about you guys and the way you do business on lot`s of other forums too, even from knifemakers that are above your level.
Sooner or later you will rise to the "Hall Of Shame" and this whole post will be all over the place on other forums and will show up on the net on google, yahoo etc when collectors and users search for Brad Duncan - Worldwide!!!

Yeah Brandi - I know, i know: you don`t care what people say and think about you, BUT IT`S THE PEOPLE`S MONEY YOU MAKE A LIVING OF - SO FAR!!!
Free advise Brandi: Don`t spend your savings yet, use some ,,,,,,,,,,,,, !!!!!!!!! ............... ------- for your writings, and watch your language while talking to customers - I`ve NEVER seen a behavior like that from an adult person while doing business.

Thank god you do leather work instead of working as an english teacher :confused:

In this whole thing, I wonder why Brad doesn`t stand up for his own. His wife REALLY doesn`t help or do any good for his business. He should at least refund XJ-Linux his money and build 2 free knives for him and MRHAG for the trouble (and dude, send some flowers to MRHAG`S wife for the bitch talking of yours)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back