Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evan, there will be no gift sacrificin' in the the hood today!
What the heck am I doin' up at this hour?!!!!
Rolf, I'm a grindin' fool. wooop yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Good morning y'all!
Have a radical day duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudes!

Pretty early on the left coast! Get the coffee going!

Too many regulars in this thread. Daniel whatup! You got a pile of steel one step from finishing?

Daniel whatup! You got a pile of steel one step from finishing?

Yes I do!

I'll be really happy when my compressor is in, it has just gotten silly. Where's my paycheck! lol

Today I'm going to be looking everything over as they are so close... after that more work on this dagger and frickies. I'm waiting to blast everything.

Once the compressor is in I'm going to be blasting, signing, carbidizing and mailing like crazy! I'm sending out the pre-orders first and after that fixed blades that need glue-up.

You guys have a great day!

'Sup fellas.

I'm stuffed up to my eyeballs with Chinese food. I had to fix my mother in laws waterline to her fridge today, only to find out that her father tried to first. The couplings were gone, he cut the line only 2" above the floor, the bracket holding the intake was bent up too. Only thing worse than fixing a broken water line is fixing someone else's botched attempt. But, it is now fixed! Best part is I got it done before she got home from work!

Making plans for easter today, I guess we're going to a Six Flags park. There goes my money... :-/

Make sure you guys check out the blood moon tonight! Starts at 2am east coast time!

-Xander

I was just out in my yard looking at it through my telescope with a busted vertical adjustment. Man, that view gets squirrely when you're using a 12.5mm viewing lens. Good to hear about the replacement compressor, Daniel. I hope the install and initial run go butter smooth for you.

Good morning guys!

Rolf can I get that delivered in a box for my roadrunner? :D

I'm seriously going to get a back-up compressor when I can. I think I want a Max-Air... I drool over the SCFM! I hope to hear back on mine soon.

Xander Six Flags rules! :D We used to go to the one in Dallas... good times.

Teranaut that is cool, reminds me i should get a telescope one of these days. The night sky here is impressive when it is clear. As a kid on the farm we would work late at night feeding animals and I got really into astronomy by waiting outside and looking at the stars.

Hey Bobby! How's the new grinder?

I had a great day in the shop yesterday and worked until late, the knives are looking good! :D We printed out the orders that are shipping sometime soon and the stack was 1/4" thick! Once the compressor is in I'll be keeping the Post Office busy. :D

Life is good, dude!

Just waiting on a buncha blades to get back from HT. Unreal. I should buy a HT oven, fo' serious.

So in the mean time, are you just grinding out more and more blades? That compressors gonna be busy...

Life is good, dude!

Just waiting on a buncha blades to get back from HT. Unreal. I should buy a HT oven, fo' serious.

So in the mean time, are you just grinding out more and more blades? That compressors gonna be busy...

I have a few final touches to do (I decided this after going over everything again yesterday :) ) on some but not much... so yep, more grinding! :D Once the compressor is in they will be set aside as I really owe people some knives.

The compressor ideally runs 1/2 hour on and has to rest 1/2 off... I wonder if I can run it like that around the clock and sleep 30 minutes at a time! lol it's going to drive me nuts :p :D

Cool on the heat treat!

Once these are out expect a few new designs... I have so much in store!

Morning guys.

Man, I'm beat. After staying up til 1:30am watching and photographing the eclipse I'm tired! The wife had to get up at 2:30am to get ready for work and then after that I couldn't sleep. I also have a stupid split shift today that is 10 hours while I train a new supervisor. Got a ton of pictures, but it was really hazy here and it looks out of focus for many of them. I will upload them either today on my break or maybe tonight.

Daniel, you should check out the VW engine conversion to make it a compressor, it runs on two cylinders and uses the other two for the air. It doesn't build crazy high pressure but has a TON of cfm! I believe it's just a new cam and cylinder head is all that's needed. Besides, it's just cool to say your compressor has 30 horse power and is gas powered! :D

Found this slimy little guy getting a drink out of the dogs water dish while I was shooting the moon last night, never really thought they would drink water, if in fact that is what it was doing. It stayed there like that for a couple minutes anyways and them moved on.

20140414_230845_zpsxdnmxpy4.jpg

-Xander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back