• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Cold Steel Strider rip-0ff

Vaako, you really need to learn to read.

"1 : a restatement of a text, passage, or work giving the meaning in another form"

Your google links say the same thing.

Whether what you wrote is true or not is irrelevant. It does not have the same meaning as I expressed. You did not give the same meaning in another form; you clearly changed the meaning of what I said to reflect what you wanted it to say.

Get over it.

As to the retard comment, the person it was addressed to was making false accusations as to how/if Strider marked their blades with little or no substantiating evidence.

On the weasel comment, I did indeed misstate my point and to those who took it to mean everyone here, I apologize. The point I was intending to make was that people who form opinions based entirely on the unsupported opinion(s) of others, whose own opinions are unsubstantiated, and use those OPINIONS to attack someone are weasels. A great deal of that was/is happening here.

But the issue here is really about your material distortion of fact.

Isn't that known as not feeding the trolls?

One could call it "packing it in and buggering off" for all I care. If you think I am being trollish, just contact a mod with your concerns.

As pointed as it has been, this argument and the three others in various spots about Mick Stider, this time around, have been mostly civil from my perspective.

Classical trolling would be to go over and to hit and run at Badlands.

The way I see it, Mick has his detractors and he has his supporters. So far, most of the interaction has been rather tame compared to where it could be and rather centered on a relative handful of disputed points.

What's the problem?

It seems to me that people are scrutinized more for what they say then what they do.

Strider says something that sets off some folks into such a tizzy that they must do daily searches to find posts they can attack him in.

That he DOES run his business without constant attempts to take advantage of the competition using unethical practices matters not.

While others DO run their business trying continually to take advantage of competition any way they can get away with. The folks who hate Strider don't care that this was the point of the original post, but just used the mention of Strider to jump in and fight their little battle.

I do see that some who know Mr.Strider personally have jumped in to defend him. That should tell you something. His associates will defend him. I wonder if you mudslingers would get this kind of support if you were attacked similarly.

John Rocker was completely taken to task way out of proportion for something stupid he said in anger, and the numerous players who beat their wife or girlfriend get a little slap on the wrist and very little press coverage.

Which is worse?

Vaako, since no one else was contacting Ernie Emerson, I decided that it would be prudent to do so. Here is his stand on the Strider stealing his design issue.

Dear Keith,

Here is my reply, which I would ask you to post.

Duane and Mick (The Striders) have not stolen, copied or taken anything from Emerson Knives. They are my friends, both personally and professionally, and have always conducted themselves as such. We both make knives. They have a handle, a point and an edge. Anyone can see perceived similarities between anyone’s knives. The relationship between Emerson and Strider is strong. For God's sake, we have tables next to each other whenever we can. Please resist the urge to create conflict between us, as there is none. We are friends and brothers in arms.

Ernest R. Emerson Feb. 9 2007

Well that should pretty much settle that derail. Thank you Keith.

It seems to me that people are scrutinized more for what they say then what they do.

Saying and doing are pretty much the same thing when we are talking about what Strider has written about himself.

Strider says something that sets off some folks into such a tizzy that they must do daily searches to find posts they can attack him in.

I do believe that when blame is laid for this matter, it will be found that Lynn Thompson's ad copy for an obvious Chinese Strider knock-off triggered it. No one that I am aware of cruises the internet looking for Mick's latest self-authored legend installment. These things just seem to come up with him.

That he DOES run his business without constant attempts to take advantage of the competition using unethical practices matters not.

One could say, with an entirely straight face that his creatively colorful background has been taken by his wannabe competitors McClung and Thompson to be a form of unethical advertising in its own right.

Please take note that I am not defending either or both McClung or Thompson.

While others DO run their business trying continually to take advantage of competition any way they can get away with. The folks who hate Strider don't care that this was the point of the original post, but just used the mention of Strider to jump in and fight their little battle.

If you can't see how issues of honesty, dishonesty, and/or integrity have an excellent chance of boomeranging around the Thompson/McClung/Strider Axis of Silliness, you haven't been paying attention.

I do see that some who know Mr.Strider personally have jumped in to defend him. That should tell you something. His associates will defend him. I wonder if you mudslingers would get this kind of support if you were attacked similarly.

Aside from the fundamental point that most people don't embroil themselves in layers of deceit they need rescuing from, even most of the heinous pieces of work I see under glass at arraignments have some sort of support system. Color me unimpressed.

John Rocker was completely taken to task way out of proportion for something stupid he said in anger, and the numerous players who beat their wife or girlfriend get a little slap on the wrist and very little press coverage.

Which is worse?

That's a false dilemma. Besides, Mick has been carefully cultivating his image for years, not getting tripped up in heated moments.

Here's how he explains his lawsuit admissions:

So, with that in mind, would you say that there could always be a chance that fifteen thousand dollars and agreeing to call myself a dipshit on paper, is a lot less expensive than the alternative of going to prison for either talking, or keeping my mouth shut again?

He's so mysterious.:jerkit: :rolleyes:

Always nice to see Ernie chime in when someone is misrepresenting him. Vaako apparently your entire arguement is now null and void. If Mr. Emerson has NO issues with Strider Knives, Mick Strider, or Duane Dwyer then quite honestly your entire series of posts concerning any theft on the part of Stider Knives of an Emerson Design is TOTAL BULLS&*T. And rather indicitative of someone who will argue, over anything for any reason without having either the facts or the gumption to investigate those facts. Basically I would say that at this point you are wasting everyone's time with this particular line of thought. You can paraphrase my post in anyway shape or form. It all boils down to this though, you were barking and complaining about someone stealing from Emerson Knives. Ernest Emerson, Owner of Emerson Knives has indicated that this is NOT the case at all. SO give it a rest. PLEASE for your own sake and stop making an apparent ass of yourself. Best of luck with your nest "exploit" and have a wonderfull day.

So Boats, are these billable hours or is this a pro bono case you've taken.

Let it go. Most everyone else has.

My time is mostly my own to do with as I see fit, a fairly rare luxury in life that I am sure that Mr. Strider and I could agree is quite pleasant.

Subscribing to a thread in the background while I work on other matters isn't really that much of a multi-tasking demand.

Just have a low tolerance for liars is all.

I'll let "it" go. The unanswered questions will live on for as long as this forum does and SKI matters to anyone.

You see, Mr. Hossom, it's not up to me to put to rest the suspicions about Mick Strider's character, or lack thereof depending on the perspective, it's up to him.

No one forces him to make up silly and unrealistic stories about himself. If it's not me examining any future flights of fancy and logic on his part, it will be someone else. That's why these issues keep coming up every so often. Secret Squirrel claims are made to be exposed.

Of course the simpleminded answer to the problem is that all of his critics, no matter whom they might be or whatever their stated motivations are, are all merely jealous of him.

To the proponents of that view of things I say simply, "Whatever gets you through the night."

Good day to you all. Unless of course, I am not really spiking the thread here and someone cares to pick up the ball.:)

Great job Ernie. Thanks for posting what we all knew.

Looks like the naysayers just got served up a nice big shitburger.

One naysayer on a particularly irrelevant point would be more accurate.:jerkit:

We could go for an even thousand posts if you want.

Great job Ernie. Thanks for posting what we all knew.

Looks like the naysayers just got served up a nice big shitburger.

One naysayer on a particularly irrelevant point would be more accurate.

Boats is absolutely correct! Vaako was off on his own little tangent for pretty much the duration of the thread, so I fail to see the "burger" that "the naysayers" will be digesting anytime soon. However, I do find your use of the word "burger", within the context of this thread, especially humorous.:D

The next time someone asks anything that remotely pertains to the "CQC profile tanto", I'll laughingly say, "Uh, Oh! Better get Vaako!":rolleyes:

Regards,
3G

Chris Osman has been following these threads. It would be interesting to have him add his thoughts.

Guess you and I are the only ones that think this.

Then again, I wonder if people posting here even know who you're talking about Mr. Montgomery.

m1

Michelle, do I win a prize if I know who Chris is? Sorry, but a thread this long just needs to keep going.

D'oh, I missed Keiths link. There goes my prize...

Geez!

The counter says this soap opera has been viewed 20,000 times!!!

Guess people just can't resist a good train wreck.

Well, Kieth, I appreciate the clarification.

If Ernest Emerson is believes Strider is not copying his blades even though they share the same design features, who am I to disagree with the inventor of the profile himself?

Since Mr. Emerson is willing to lend Strider some "professional courtesy", so be it.

Jeyr, carrion eaters are despicable animals.

And the same should go for Cold Steel. There are NO NEW DESIGNS in this industry. Just modifications of old, even ancient designs, some from other countries. To fight over this is ridiculous.

I don't care who does or doesn't like Lynn Thompson but the fact is that he takes the designs that you all know and love and makes them affordable to the little guy who can't spend $325 of his military or regular pay on a single knife because while he's fighting the good fight his pay goes to feed his whife & kids or help take care of his family or whatever the buyer does with his money.

If you bought a Strider because you love the look & the steel then halle-f-in' lujah! If you bought it because of the hype and you want to believe the hype, more power to ya. If you have buyer's remorse because you feel ripped then remember this the next time you buy something: BUY IT 'CUZ YOU LOVE IT, NOT 'CUZ YOUR BUDS CALL YA A PUSSY FOR NOT HAVIN' ONE!

If you're a young guy or girl and you're headin' off to the big sandbox and all you have to spend on a knife is $50-$100 would you rather these kids go with nothin' than with a Cold Steel? And if they lose it or break it then all they're out is $50-$100 not $300+!

Everyone who needs a knife & needs that knife in their line of work buy the best you can afford. If you can afford to collect them and fondle then and covet them then do that.

Just make sure you can use what you got. I personally hope to never have to use a knife to defend myself. But I always use this anaology: a well placed .22LR is worth more than a missed shot with a .45. And the same goes for knives: a well placed attack with a butter knife is worth more than an miss with anything else.

Back