1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Cold Steel Strider rip-0ff

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by killerskill, Jan 27, 2007.

1. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson

Aug 4, 2001
    It would be cool if you could just answer the question instead of heaping an ad hominem attack on the person who asked it.

2. JimConvex

JimConvex

Jan 1, 2006
    Sorry Gentlemen but I have no High Horse.

I am confident in who and what I am so I don't feel the need to pull others down.

I never said either of you are Scumbags or maggots or any other words you care to attribute to me.

This issue, Whatever it actually is,has nothing to do with either of you and you are involving yourself in someone else's life.

If this undying Qwest is gnawing at you so much , then I suggest you ask Mr. Strider.

Hearing any answer second hand can easily be disputed as twisted or not 100% factual.

I think You need to hear the answer right from Mr. Strider.

Give him a Call.

Nobody here has the answer and nobody here cares enough to go find it for either of you.

I would think that a high profile person , like Mr. Strider, would be easy enough to find.

I feel that you are shouting in the wind here because no answer that has been given satisfies you.

I do get the feeling that , regardless of any answer, you will continue to wave the bad news banner so any efforts to satisfy you will be ineffective.

Jim

3. DocArnie

DocArnie

Jan 27, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Monocrom

Monocrom

Feb 1, 2006
    If you were someone who was new to high-end knives, and someone told you about the CS website; you wouldn't know that LT's comments were in regards to Mick Strider.

But for those of us who enjoy these forums, it's blatantly obvious who LT is refering to. Not even the biggest LT supporter would claim it wasn't about Mick Strider.

5. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    You know what, I 've stayed on the sidelines of this thread, primarily because the questions I've been thinking have already been asked repeatedly by others.

The reason these questions keep coming up online, is because the claims are made online. Saying that we should call for verification when someone makes a statement that doesn't make sense is asinine.

Until Kevin McClung at TacticalForums.com posted information about this issue, no one really knew anything about it. He has, without a doubt, been the point man in trying to determine the facts of these allegations, and until July of 2005, nobody outside TacticalForums.com seemed to be paying any attention to this.

It was also Kevin McClung that first related the information in Chris Osman's suit againt Strider in 2006, where confirmation was posted about Mick Strider's felon background.

It's only been after this that anyone even started questioning the claims Mick Strider has made repeatedly, including the claims made on this site, such as:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1231694&postcount=27

The magazine articles don't make sense. The claims Mick Strider made don't make sense. The court documents state information that contradict what Mick Strider has claimed repeatedly, since 2000 until present.

I keep hearing comments about "oh, he made a mistake" and he "paid his dues" and "learned his lesson"

I have to wonder, when someone claims that they were to be sentenced to serve in Somalia 5 days ago, claims they were a combat vet in 2000, has multiple magazine articles describing them as Special Operations personnel, and none of this is born out by the facts... what lesson have they learned?

That it's ok to fabricate their history because people will defend them as long as they are charming enough?

That they can get away with it, because as long as they don't answer questions directly they can't be proven wrong? That being able to win in a fistfight negates backing up your argument? That there is no accountability for lying and pretending to be something you aren't?

What are we suppossed to believe here? What would a reasonable man believe?

I'll state this, straight up: I have never heard of a spinal damaged E1, who has been barred from reenlistment, being recruited into any Special Operations role. I have never heard of anyone ever being sentenced to Somalia with their pay kept as forfiet. It is my opinion that these statements are straight out lies, and anyone making these claims is lying throuhg their teeth. This opinion is shared by every other veteran I've asked thus far.

If it was anyone else making these claims, they would be ridiculed and excoriated. If I made claims like this, my reputation would be destroyed, and I would be rightly branded as a liar.

Anyone who disagrees with what I said can come find me at my shop, or through here. I'm not going to hide.

6. stevetexas

stevetexas

Nov 10, 2005
    Well said!!! Hear, Hear.

7. Jerry Hossom

Jerry Hossom

Aug 1, 1999
    Give me a break Boats. I'm speaking up for a man I personally know and respect, so you can take those "otherwise standup" and "kool-aid" comments and shove them. Those "otherwise standup" people include Ernie Emerson and a goodly number of other people in this indusry whose reputations are beyond question. (I'll exclude myself from that number because I've already stated where I stand). From someone who has bragged, presummably as an attorney, that he tears people apart regularly(paraphrased at least as accurately as Vaako), I'm not sure you have the moral high ground from which to pass judgement or accuse anyone of anything.

Since you and Vaako are so rabid in your prosecution of this subject I guess I'd have to ask if this is due to a business relationship, as in attorney/client or are you just friends of the LT/Mad Dog family? Certainly, you seem to have a personal interest in keeping the Bash Mick threads alive. Maybe you could share with us the names of makers you've purchased from, so we can get an idea of where you're coming from.

8. DocArnie

DocArnie

Jan 27, 2006
    Last night I had a weird dream about a parallel world, where the international knife scene didn't revolve around knives, but around knifemakers, their friendships, their alliances and other soap opera stuff.
    I guess it's a good thing I was only dreaming... :rolleyes:

9. Jim G.

Jim G.

Oct 2, 2006
    Can one of the Strider fanboys or anyone else please answer this very simple question then with a straight answer and not the usual run around.

I'd like to know the exact dates of Mick Strider's US Army service, and when he was discharged.

10. Jim G.

Jim G.

Oct 2, 2006
    Me I was a B52 mechanic from 1981 - 1992. I realise its not as glamerous as being a ranger but it was my job and I did it well.

11. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    Knives are not even the most important part of knife collecting for some people. It is the relationships that they forge that are what is most important to them. Some of the people I have come to know since starting to collect knives are far more important to me than my knives are.

12. DXC

DXC

Dec 20, 2004
    :jerkit: You are truly a legend in your own mind. :barf:

13. Cougar Allen

Cougar Allen Buccaneer (ret.) Gold Member

Oct 9, 1998
    Well, apparently it doesn't matter what the truth is, because the only people who are interested in finding out the truth are (insert characterizations here).

14. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    I would love to find out the truth, if for no other reason than to put all this to bed, but that probably wouldn't be the ultimate outcome of finding out the truth anyhow.

15. 45Shooter

45Shooter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Let me second Stevetexas - Hear, hear, Spark. The Strider fanboys are clearly in denial.

16. DocArnie

DocArnie

Jan 27, 2006

Do you feel the same way about you car salesman? :D

17. Boats

Boats

Aug 7, 2003
    How many people do I need to cut some slack Mr. Hossom? I know Mick has lied, as recently as this week. You know, or should know by now if you opened your eyes to his past postings, that he is a liar, and a terrible one at that.

Even mafiosi can get a parade of character witnesses who are better people than are themselves.

I am just a simple family lawyer (divorce attorney) here in Oregon. I am attuned to bullshitters, and discredit them for a living. I have an easy time sleeping at night knowing that I totally jam up deadbeats and run-of-the-mill asshats several times a month. I get called all kinds of names, so you'll have to get a lot more creative on that front.

The problem with most people who extensively lie is that they inevitably run into people who cannot be easily fooled. The problem with extensively lying in print or on the internet is that the web of deceit takes on an uncontrollable life of its own.

How pathetic. McClung and Thompson are asshats in their own rights. Poke around, I have posted both here and on thehighroad.org what I think of these bozos.

I offered to drop it, but some bootlickers had to come by and dare claim we'd been run from the field just because vakko got his comeuppance from EE on a very esoteric design point. Ergo, I am back chipping at Mick's clay feet, one of the major thrusts of the entire thread long before I got into it.

My last purchase was a douk-douk. The one before that was a Roselli UHC hunter. The one before that was an IJ carbon puukko/leuku combo. The one before that was a Buck Alpha Hunter for my nephew.

Maybe my involvement in this thread is a sinister Anglo-European conspiracy commissioned by Jacques Chirac and funded by Buck Knives?

You're seriously losing it Mr. Hossom.

18. Boats

Boats

Aug 7, 2003
    Yippee! Another fanboi. At least you are brief.

19. Bohica2u

Bohica2u

Jul 1, 2001
    Does anyone know Mick's real name and date of service so I can check this out? I have a feeling that "Strider's" years of bullshitting is going to catch up with him.

Maybe Mick is the world famous Gecko45!!!

A google search only yields Mick Strider and the POWER Rangers!!!!!!

20. DXC

DXC

Dec 20, 2004
    Most wish you were also.:jerkit: