Comparison: The Umnumzaan vs. The SnG vs. The XM-18

Most of that can be controlled by RHK setting the MSRP that the knives would have to be sold for or they wouldn't get anymore to sell (Cut Off). ;)

Great point.

There are other companies that do this, both of them in the topic heading of this very thread.... Strider and CRK so it's not exactly a new idea and neither one has a problem moving knives.

So RHK has the power to control more of what has been going on if they choose to do so.

One would certainly assume so, yes. Again, it's Rick's ball and bat - he can play the game any way he wishes. But as much as Hinderer & company seem to loathe and abhor the idea of being compared to other companies and their products, I think it's naive to think customers won't look "left and right" and see that other knife makers do things differently.

Back to the topic.

I went to a store yesterday and handled both the new SMF and SNG.

I couldn't find an imperfection in either one of them; perfect centering,
authoritative 20% lock-up, buttery smooth action, excellent F&F.

IMO they are at the same level of quality and F&F as my XM-18 and XM-24,
making them and excellent value for a non-LE consumer.

I purchased one of each.

Back to the topic.

I purchased one of each.

Congrats! But you were luckier than I.

I just tried TWO brand-new SNGs. The f&f was good but not as good as that on my SJ-75 Baby Huey.

Opening was fairly smooth but disengagement was not -- each was hard to close and after a while I was losing skin.

Very disappointing.

I just bought an SNG with the new not improved lockup, I've got to package it up, go to the post office, pay for shipping, put a check for $15 inside the box for return shipping, all without ever using the knife because it has lock rock. Ive never had to pay an extra $20 to get a new knife to work right had I bought another CRK or Hinderer. I guess some people are lucky with Striders some not so.

What's this about a production model? I thought the ZT0560/1 was that model. It flips better than my XM-18 and slices better than my XM-18 while looking like an XM-18. What more could you possibly want:thumbup:?

1) Zann
2) New SNG (with new lock)
3) XM18

I say this because my XM18 Gen3 had a terrible detent and also rub on the liner. Nice knife but some issues when it would open in my pocket and cut the side. Why can a maker not get this right??

But i do sell direct to customers :)...Military, LE, and Fire/ems..all other sales go through my network of dealers like most companies do...thanks

Rick Hinderer

EXACTLY why I would not buy another Hinderer. My son is a Marine and still would go somewhere else. Period.

Wow, very interesting thread. I highly recommend the read to all knife enthusiasts.

I feel that John and other members made a lot of solid points of criticism, and that Rick let his emotions get the best of him, in response.

Wow, very interesting thread. I highly recommend the read to all knife enthusiasts.

I feel that John and other members made a lot of solid points of criticism, and that Rick let his emotions get the best of him, in response.

Thanks Joe - Hopefully we'll see a response from Rick and company that acknowledges this situation could have been handled much, much differently on their end.

Back to the topic.

I purchased one of each.

Wow, what store you have near you that sells this level of knives?

Back