1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fiddlebacks and Food

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Dcaggie06, Feb 12, 2014.

1. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Brand new weber grill! Nice knife!!

Panthera tigris likes this.
  2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    shrimp and steak tacos with cilantro, roasted jalapenos, sweet onion, pineapple and a few squeezes of fresh lime. Damn best tacos ever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wildmanh, prom52, Boxer .45 and 5 others like this.
  3. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    IMG_3668.JPG

Dritios, Boxer .45 and Bmurray like this.
  4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    thats a nice stack of quesadillas

hope to have some tomorrow night

5. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    Yeah that will also be leftovers for lunch and probably dinner

6. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Lunch time
    [​IMG]

ty_higg, Aias, Bmurray and 3 others like this.
  7. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Does coffee count? I practically live off of it ;-) Mornin gents--have a great weekend.

[​IMG]

8. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    A little cowboy cookin... this was a trial run for my son's Cub Scout den--our Bears are working on their camp cooking merit badge next weekend. After that, their Whittling Chip... he's gonna want my Sneaky Pete. I used the SN for all the prep today. If the beans don't look like their bubbling, not to worry--pics were taken after I turned them over a couple times. They simmered to perfection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dritios, Bmurray, Coach23 and 5 others like this.
  9. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Looks like both of you made your own Tortillas. I'm ordering a tortilla press next weekend. Love traditional Tacos especially with home made tortillas.

VANCE likes this.
  10. ty_higg

Dec 16, 2011
    I wish I could take credit for those tortillas but those are made by the local HEB down the road. They make them fresh everyday and are usually still warm when you pick them up and they're damn good!

wildmanh likes this.
  11. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    18 hour smoked brisket

[​IMG]

A.S., NoRest, Aias and 4 others like this.
  12. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Damn... I just sat down at my desk and instantly got hungry because of this...

Bmurray likes this.
  13. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    It wasn't the meat, it was the knife that pulled at your gut. Hard to tell the two apart sometimes I know. ;)

Aias likes this.
  14. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    I'll gladly take both!

Boxer .45 likes this.
  15. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Shops closed today, so I headed to Outpost for #tacosandfellowship
    [​IMG]

16. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
  17. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    B3305701-69C0-48DF-BA44-A6C03A5ED493.JPG

Bmurray, VANCE, NOLA and 2 others like this.
  18. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Preparing for my Cub Scout and his Den to earn their camp cookout badge... it'll be my Hobo Bacon Bean Bonanza in the cast iron on the coals. Some pics of the prep... with my new Bullfrog Bowie... which happens to be perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come later... I'm going to have the boys add the ingredients and hang out around the fire. Have a great Sunday.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  19. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    [​IMG]

Bmurray, Aias, Boxer .45 and 2 others like this.
  20. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Decided to bring my pro-Runt with me on this year’s trip to Shanghai to visit the in-laws.

Had a nice steamed fish with lunch yesterday.
    10C511AD-82A2-4346-9AC9-4ACBBDF86532.jpeg