1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddlebacks and Food

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Dcaggie06, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    So the collection of wood bolsters grows! I approve of this. :thumbsup: Going to be an amazing group of knives to see together.

varga49 likes this.
  2. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    I really had to I've been scrolling back just to look at it for a while now. They will be good together.

Odaon likes this.
  3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    prep work is done
    [​IMG]

4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the rice sucked. Kylie usually makes that but she's spending the night with our niece & inlaws. i need to appreciate her more:D

varga49, Lady1911, Wurrwulf and 4 others like this.
  5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    This one is dedicated to my cajon buddy Andy @Fiddleback . Red beans & rice. I know it’s not Monday but when you'e craving them you have to make it.

Beautiful 3/32” KE Bushie in rosewood burl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    varga49, VANCE, Lady1911 and 4 others like this.
  6. VTguy17

VTguy17 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Quick shot of tonights Mango chicken curry with the bog oak hunter.

[​IMG]

7. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    rotini w/ turkey meat sauce
    [​IMG]

8. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Why?

Nbrackett likes this.
  9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    if you follow me you will notice i eat little red meat

varga49 likes this.
  10. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    in most cases the ground meat i eat is turkey

and it's awesome

varga49 likes this.
  11. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Turkey is to be sliced for sandwiches (with bacon) or ate with dressing, gravy and the fixins.

12. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    I'm a big fan of ground turkey! We use it a lot for meatballs.

varga49 likes this.
  13. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    pics or it didnt happen:)

for real
    i add enough spices...ie..paprika among other things you would be hard pressed to tell the difference

@allen456 hates ground turkey,,,,but he ate a couple of my leftover ground turkey tacos i took to work a little while back

Bmurray and varga49 like this.
  14. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Why?

15. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Because it tastes good, it's lean, and we have two freezers full of wild game that's mostly red meat, it's nice to mix it up sometimes!

varga49 likes this.
  16. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    I just looked, I don't have any! I'll take some next time. We're making some turkey tomorrow for dinner. Not sure what yet.

Bmurray, varga49 and VANCE like this.
  17. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I like mixing it up a bit also. Beef, bacon beef, bacon and sometimes chicken.

Nbrackett likes this.
  18. catalystman80

catalystman80 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2013
    have you guys been watching Ugly Delicious on Netflix? Sometimes the host and the friends come off a bit arrogant (at least my wife thinks so), but I do enjoy their slightly different take on exploring and showing different culinary cultures. I'm only through 4 episodes, but the last one I saw called "Shrimp & Crawfish" was particularly interesting because I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the Cajun cuisine and how the influx of Vietnamese culture in that part of the country (LA & TX) is creating interesting variants of it. Was at New Orleans for a conference several years ago in my early 20s, and I was too ignorant back then to try the local cuisine, instead went to steakhouses for meals :oops:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Bmurray, Odaon and varga49 like this.
  19. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    Oh Man! It's time to try some..May I suggest trying Crawfish Etouffee as an opener to this wonderful crustacean! I lived in Baton Rouge many years ago and this was one of my favorites.

20. catalystman80

catalystman80 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2013
    @varga49 for sure, it's definitely on my bucket list to try the classic crawfish dish somewhere in LA (it seemed at least from the show that folks in Louisiana won't change the dish from how it's always been done, which I think is kinda refreshing and cool. I'm all for changing and mixing things up, but I do respect people who adhere to traditions) and the viet-cajun version in Houston. I'll probably have higher chance of trying out the viet-cajun first since the company I work for have a new office in Houston :D

varga49 likes this.