GEC...Please Make More Patterns Available To Us in 440C...yea or nea ?

I have two GECs and both are stainless. I bought an E-Z open 25 a few years ago when they first became available. At the time I had no idea how rare their stainless offerings were. Later I bought a Tuna Valley 4 blade cattle knife. Since that time their limited production in stainless always seems to be in patterns I'm not interested in. I'd love a 22 Magnum, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. I have no interest in 1095 so I'll probably be spending my money elsewhere.

Nearly all my knives are stainless with the exception of a Case peanut in CV and the GECs I’ve bought since joining this forum.

The character of patina is cool and all, but I’d love to get a 15 or a 56 in stainless.

If I were a gambling man, I wouldn't put money on GEC doing more of these.....more's the pity

VBiNOls.jpg

I have visions of a GEC stainless model 49 Alaskan.

Named after the 49th state, and sized about like a Buck 110, but much thinner and no lock.

They could run so many different covers and shields to celebrate Alaska wildlife and mountains, etc.

And it would be a good reason for using stainless since Alaska is a harsh climate.

This could be a recurring pattern each year with a new shield (salmon, bear, beaver, moose, Denali, etc.) and exotic covers like caribou, moose, etc.

Forgot about the 98! The 21 and 23 are closer in overall shape to the 110, though. I'm not a fan of big knives, so I was going off of memory.

Forgot about the 98! The 21 and 23 are closer in overall shape to the 110, though. I'm not a fan of big knives, so I was going off of memory.

The 110 is also a brick, nearly half of a pound. Buck now has a FRN-handled version that weighs 3 ounces. And it's cheap. Sodbuster competition.

Now if Buck would make a shadow pattern 110 with CPM-154 steel and G10 handles, then they'd have something!

No hablo “stainless” with GEC traditionals. 1095 solamente.

I know, stainless is also traditional but to me it is a more modern steel that doesn’t have the charm of 1095.

I'm just dreaming they're able to invest profits in some ultra new machinery and be able to start turning out some of our favourites in stainless. Buck did such a fine job with the 2018 Forum Knife in 154 CPM that it would more than grand to see GEC able to offer this option.

Not holding my breath though;)

Maybe it's all in the name?
Victorinox has inox, which basically means stainless steel.
GEC might then stand for Great Eastern Carbon ?

I should have snagged one of those orange, or elk, 15's when they came out. They were common for few months. It is one of the few patterns they made in SS that I like.

Back