Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Very interesting Vince, it's usually 65 here, but since our retirement age and pension eligibility keeps pushing towards 70, I dare say folks will lose their discounts too :(

mitch4ging, tmd_87 and Prester John like this.
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    That's a shame--discounts are nice. I was upset about getting one once. I went to the cinema with my wife, but it was too hot outside for her, so she went inside while I got in line to buy the tickets. When I got to the window, there was an older man standing next to me, and we were conversing. The teller asked how many tickets, and I told her two. One of them was at a senior discount, and I was taken aback. I think I was about 50 at the time, maybe younger. Then I realized the teller must have thought the old man was my father! (I kept the discount. ;))

3. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    It's the one thing google got right in the last week. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Better luck with that outfit then. You know I'm sick of nursing and I see a market for this sort of thing. I always thought the UK was pretty well set up for home deliveries of beer, but obviously not.

Oh crap! Of course you do! :rolleyes::D
    I'm surprised that place isn't running the whole show. Saying that, I'd really like that place to run the whole show. :D:thumbsup:

Good man. :thumbsup:

Oh pants! Your right! I'd totally forgotten about The Bard. :rolleyes:

Thanks chaps, I'm obviously mixed up as I thought Ashley's Choice came in there somewhere.

LOL! Ed. You need to watch British daytime telly. Every second commercial is advertising 'funeral plans for over-50's". :rolleyes:

Cheer John. Does the U.S have a patron saint?

Lovely. :thumbsup:

Pushing 70?? Some idiot politician was talking about 78 last year. Western Wealth Redistribution... :mad::mad::mad:

4. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    According to the US Catholic bishops, it is the Blessed Mother, under the title of the Immaculate Conception. I believe Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patron saint of all the Americas.

Jack Black and Bartleby like this.
  5. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Well thank you Vince, I genuinely did not know that. :):thumbsup:

Bartleby and Prester John like this.
  6. Bartleby

Bartleby

Oct 28, 2005
    Just to clarify for those non Catholics out there, these are manifestations of the same being--the Blessed Mother.

donn and Prester John like this.
  7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Yes, that's right. (We are not trying to start a religious discussion--I was just answering David's question. :))

donn, Jack Black and Bartleby like this.
  8. Bartleby

Bartleby

Oct 28, 2005
    Absolutely, hence my little clarification to avoid such a thing.

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  9. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Me neither.

donn and Prester John like this.
  10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good answer, Vine. And much quicker than me.
    But in my defense, I was out getting my haircut. :)

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  11. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Over here it's "A Place to Put Your Mom" advertisements for assisted living for the old folks.

donn, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    That Peaches and Cream would have been fabulous on a Guardians Edition Jack. :) That’s kind of you Jack. At the price he’s charging, he’s definitely not getting wealthy. :thumbsup: :D

Jack Black likes this.
  13. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    :eek: I would KILL for a haircut right now!

mitch4ging, Jack Black and JohnDF like this.
  14. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

15. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Jack.

IMG_0654.jpeg

16. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Yikes! Hopefully your barroom brawling days are behind you :D. They are pretty stout mugs and they hold more than a pint!

I had a few it with me today while doing some photographing - rain free for the most part today.

[​IMG]

17. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Jack. Such an object of beauty is that “peaches and cream” Horn Lamb. What a a fine environmental portrait of Brian the Barber,

Thank you David. Hope you had a Hapry St. George’s Day. Cheers!

Thank you Ron. Your Horn SFO is ultra beautiful. Sorry I missed out on that one.

Good Evening Guardians.
    2B9FD62D-848A-4977-8EA1-51673C4210B6.jpeg

8E4C2EF1-5F42-47F8-852E-7131A91C445D.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    TFBraden, btb01, mitch4ging and 13 others like this.
  18. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    I was carded just the other day when I went to buy a handle of whiskey. This was with me wearing a mask. In the most deadpan voice I could muster I asked the cashier if I still looked like my picture.

19. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Yeah, not many places give discounts here :( That's hilarious Vince! :D :thumbsup:

I have been surprised how unenterprising most of the breweries seem to be o_O Go for it David! :cool: :thumbsup:

They'd never stand for it mate! :D ;) :thumbsup:

(I'd hoped to include a clip from the opening of A Very British Coup here, but searching brought up all sorts of things other than what I wanted :rolleyes:)

The Ashley's Choice knives were in 2018 David :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

I remember my dad telling me, when I was a young boy, that by the time I got old people would be retiring at 50 o_O Mind you, my mother told that we'd all have our own helicopters too :rolleyes:

Yes, it's a shame both the promises made and the samples produced proved to be so inaccurate :( Brian drives over 50 miles to work each morning too :thumbsup:

Stunning photos gents, well done :) What a visual treat to wake up to :) :thumbsup:

I hope so Dylan! :eek: The ones here usually hold a British pint (20 fl. oz) with additional room for the 'head' on the beer :) Wonderful photo my friend, you've got everything to hand there, and it shows off those three knives to perfection :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, that's very kind :) Brian has photos of his shop in the 1950's, and it's pretty much the same today :D Great pair of pics my friend, lovely Lambsfoot photo (is that a ring?), and a tempting repast :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

I have an old friend, whose photo on his senior bus pass was a holiday photo of him in his swimming trunks, cropped off at the waist, so he looked naked! :eek: He certainly got some shocked looks! :D

Good morning Guardians, how is everyone doing? I hope that everyone is keeping safe, including our absent pals :thumbsup: Sunny weather here again, a shame we couldn't have had it when I could actually go somewhere :rolleyes: Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

20. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Yesterday the old Ellin & Co, Sheffield (maybe from the early 1900s), Lamb foot and in stag arrived in the mail and it is in my pocket today.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]