Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'm carrying and will carry through Christmas and the New Year the Rosewood "Big-un" as the "Big-un" was a favorite pattern of Ron. However the WCLF and Buffalo Horn "Big-un" are not far out of reach.

GCGTs9k.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Jack:thumbsup:
It's been a good year to take a close look at our lives and find things we may have taken for granted in the past and be thankful, especially for friends and family.
That's good to hear Rob, I guess we have to be thankful for small mercies this year (there have been precious few of them after all). What an absolutely glorious threesome there, each one is a treasure :) :thumbsup:

Today is the first day here after the summer solstice, so the days start to get shorter. It feels like winter though, this morning was bleak, dark, raining and windy. Called into my local bakery early to wish the girls a merry christmas, they shut on christmas eve for 4 weeks, and lo and behold Tuesday is family pie special day- 4 and a bit quid. So it is nearly tea time, and here is my dinner.:p.
oz1N9nX.jpg

I thought that I would share my Christmas present from my children.

View attachment 1477582

Very nice :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment Jack:thumbsup:
It's been a good year to take a close look at our lives and find things we may have taken for granted in the past and be thankful, especially for friends and family.

Indeed it has Rob :thumbsup:

Today is the first day here after the summer solstice, so the days start to get shorter. It feels like winter though, this morning was bleak, dark, raining and windy. Called into my local bakery early to wish the girls a merry christmas, they shut on christmas eve for 4 weeks, and lo and behold Tuesday is family pie special day- 4 and a bit quid. So it is nearly tea time, and here is my dinner.:p.
oz1N9nX.jpg

Sorry to hear about the weather there Leon :( That's a grand-looking pie my friend, great pic :) The only pie I've had this week has been apple pie ;) :thumbsup:

hOeGLPr.jpg

Good morning Guardians, take care out there :thumbsup:

QcDzWVH.jpg

(Darn it! I made the same mistake as yesterday! I got out of bed, stretched my back, and the pain wasn't too bad. Made and ate breakfast. Then spent 15 minutes sat at my desk, and now it's really hurting. I need to get out and buy some provisions, but it's going to be a struggle :( )

Last edited:
Very nice :) :thumbsup:

Indeed it has Rob :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the weather there Leon :( That's a grand-looking pie my friend, great pic :) The only pie I've had this week has been apple pie ;) :thumbsup:

hOeGLPr.jpg

Good morning Guardians, take care out there :thumbsup:

QcDzWVH.jpg

(Darn it! I made the same mistake as yesterday! I got out of bed, stretched my back, and the pain wasn't too bad. Made and ate breakfast. Then spent 15 minutes sat at my desk, and now it's really hurting. I need to get out and buy some provisions, but it's going to be a struggle :( )

Jack, sorry about your back.:( The neurosurgeon once told me that sitting was about the worst thing for it.:eek: What can you do about that when the Covid has us all cooped up?:confused:
Very nice photos of your Lambfoot knives and BTW apple pie and vanilla ice cream are hard to beat (IMHO):D

Today I'll be having an HHB please.:thumbsup:
IMG_2677.JPG

Today is the first day here after the winter solstice, so the days start to get LONGER. :p:):D

It may be a few weeks before we notice any difference, but it is certainly welcome :) My thoughts are with our friends in the southern hemisphere, even if some of them see better weather in winter than we often do here in Yorkshire in summer :eek: :thumbsup:

Jack, sorry about your back.:( The neurosurgeon once told me that sitting was about the worst thing for it.:eek: What can you do about that when the Covid has us all cooped up?:confused:
Very nice photos of your Lambfoot knives and BTW apple pie and vanilla ice cream are hard to beat (IMHO):D

Today I'll be having an HHB please.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1477857

Thank you very much Bill, that certainly makes sense :thumbsup: Unfortunately, I make a living sitting on my backside! :eek: o_O Thank you :) It's been a while since I last had apple pie and ice cream, but I reckon I'd be happy eating it every day! :D Good choice sir, and a nice photo to boot! ;):D:thumbsup:

I heard somewhere that sitting is generally unhealthy, and that we have disorders that don't affect crouching/squatting cultures.
I've heard that, too. I'm afraid at this point, I'd just be trading back problems for knee problems. :eek:

I'm carrying my li'l Sambar, and wishing relief to all those who are hurting.
Iq48cmg.jpg

(old picture; the jammie dodgers are long gone)

Sorry to hear your travails continue Jack Black Jack Black . I too earn my wages from my backside. I have never been all that flexible but I find tight hamstrings to be a prime source of lower back ache. I think that also plays into the squatting idea.

This was not eaten off of fine china but it was prepared with a fine knife!
full

P.S. As others have said no daily @Half/Stop is quite a bummer.

Jack Black Jack Black :I have Spinal Stenosis so I feel for anyone who has Back Pain . The best back muscle stretch that I have found for me is a Very Deep Squat and then lean forward at the bottom . That does stretch the muscles but it will not Fix my problem but it does help . Good luck and Merry Christmas my friend .
Knife Content :

Harry

My stand-up desk also needs clearing off.
EPRyLh7.jpg

I heard somewhere that sitting is generally unhealthy, and that we have disorders that don't affect crouching/squatting cultures.

Maybe that's what I need Jer! I've heard that too, but I guess if folks don"t have chairs, they probably don't have lots of unhealthy things! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

I've heard that, too. I'm afraid at this point, I'd just be trading back problems for knee problems. :eek:

I'm carrying my li'l Sambar, and wishing relief to all those who are hurting.
Iq48cmg.jpg

(old picture; the jammie dodgers are long gone)

I know what you mean Rachel, whenever my back is bad, my knees aren't long in coming out in sympathy! :eek: :rolleyes: Shame the Jammie Dodgers are gone, but that's a nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear your travails continue Jack Black Jack Black . I too earn my wages from my backside. I have never been all that flexible but I find tight hamstrings to be a prime source of lower back ache. I think that also plays into the squatting idea.

This was not eaten off of fine china but it was prepared with a fine knife!
full

P.S. As others have said no daily @Half/Stop is quite a bummer.

Thank you my friend :) I did some ham string stretches this morning, but it's an exercise I commonly neglect I'm afraid. I'm sure Ron would have loved that pic of your 'sausage sammich' :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black :I have Spinal Stenosis so I feel for anyone who has Back Pain . The best back muscle stretch that I have found for me is a Very Deep Squat and then lean forward at the bottom . That does stretch the muscles but it will not Fix my problem but it does help . Good luck and Merry Christmas my friend .
Knife Content :

Harry

Thanks a lot for that advice Harry, it is very much appreciated. I have done squats like that during physio, but perhaps didn't realise their importance. I'll try and work them into my routine when my knees are a little better :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to you too my friend, and that's a fabulous Lambsfoot line-up there :) I hope you got the email I sent you earlier :thumbsup:

Back