• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

jaxurman: con

I think WrayH was being sarcastic.

It's hard to tell sarcasm on the web.

Damn Wray, that was just about the funniest 'tongue in cheek' post that I've seen here in a long time! LOL :D

(I think I caught on by about the 3rd line, and then it was just a chucklefest...kekeke)

Thanks bud, I needed that!

Mel

Mel, could you please stop using a picture of Jaxurman as your Avatar - it is distressing.:eek: :D

Wray, when you put it like that I guess we do have a lot of things to thank Jack for. I would like to thank you for pointing that out to me.

You facetious SOB, you. :D

I thought it to be the least that I could do - a civic duty. I had a bit of extra time and the inclinatiion and to bring a bit of reason, joy and light into the life of fellow BF members seems to make it all worthwhile somehow.

i think this post has led up to a old fashion western linchin-i'll round up the boys and meet everyone at the hanging tree at the end of town:(

No banning necessary. Don't waste the rope a-lynchin'.

Just make the fool pony up the $850 and get a dealer license. Prove that he's the 'playa' then, wouldn't he?

Still haven't seen him answer the question tho. If you want to start a thread, start one that gives facts on where you saw a purchase and subsequent sale of a knife or two. Build a good caseload and send the dealer a bill.

IMHO.

I've always thought that Jaxurman was a big Xena fan that didn't know how to use paragraphs and express coherent thought.

:)

Dude, you sound like someone who pops ridilin with triple expresso chasers. You string your thougts in one gigantic paragrpah which make your responses hard to read. This also suggests that you are a very very exicitable and pretty darn intense. Which would lead to some unfortunate incidents with other BF peoples.

(Sorry for the cheesy pyscho-babble. I had 1 pysch course in the 7 years it took me to do my 4 year stint at college:)

I am a NEW NEW NEWBIE to the world of knifes but I lurk and I read. I ain't saying you are an angel or devil. I have had no deals with you at all. Unfortunately, your online persona and responses at the very least are not making a good impression on newbies like me who might have future dealings with your august self.

Ah well..

My 2 cents.. I'm gonna go back to lurking..

PS. I'm a Xena fan too.

:)

Hugs and Kiss,

Ed

---

All spelling and grammatical mistakes are intentional.. :)

"(Sorry for the cheesy pyscho-babble. I had 1 pysch course in the 7 years it took me to do my 4 year stint at college"

As someone with a B.Sc. in Psyc, allow me to be more clinically correct...he's an eedjit.

If Jack admitted to writing the article in question, he would have to admit that, in writing, he said he was a dealer. Am I correct on that? If so, than it would seem that the loop is slowly closing on his free ride to the use of the forums classifieds. I too would be curious to know what the total dollar volume of sales is here for his deals. Asking for this type of info is not an infringement on an individual's rights. After all, using any part of Bladeforums is a priveledge not a right.`
Dave

Dave,

I think he just avoided the question - and not even very skillfully. He hasn't yet said "Yes, I wrote them," or "No, I didn't write them." With all due respect, I think it might be an idea to pose the question to him directly and request that no-one go off on any tangents until he answers.

-Wire

Wire, good point. However, a non-answer is still an answer in my book. If he is not the same guy, let's hear about it.
Dave

Jack did NOT write that article. This is obvious......

But there is no doubt in my mind, based on the knives Jack has bragged about and the names he has dropped on more than one occassion that he had the article written on his behalf. He is the JACK ALVAREZ in that article where he ADMITS to being a DEALER.

JAXURMAN, being a "playa" just hired someone to write it for him, or had one of the big guns of the industry write it for him. This is not rocket science.

AND, knowing Jackie like I do, his silence speaks VOLUMES as to the answer to the question: "Jack, are you the same Jack Alvarez as named the author of this article?" Jack not DEFEND himself???????
NO WAY:p :p :p ...............Ira

The statement I am about to make is going to look like I am jumping to Jack's defense. In fact it is only presenting an obvious point. I also have no doubt that the Jack Alvarez from those articles and Jaxurman are one and the same. The only problem with using those articles as proof that Jack is a dealer or was one when he joined BF is that they were written over two years ago and Jack joined BF less than a year ago. I personally know a few people that last year were not in the same profession that they were a couple of years ago. So those articles only prove that Jack was a dealer at the end of 1999.

Am I then saying that I do not think that Jack is a dealer? No, but I am saying that this does not prove that he is. It adds one more piece of circumstancial evidence and sometimes a case built on enough solid circumstancial evidence will convince a jury that the person charged with the offence is indeed guilty. In this case it is Spark that must be convinced and he has stated what he would accept as proof that Jack is a dealer. He must be shown to have aguired some knives and then turned them over within a few days for a profit. I would bet that if someone ran into Jack selling knives from behind a table at a knife show that Spark would accept that as proof as well.

If Jack is ever proved to be a dealer it is my opinion that not only should he have to pay $850.00 to continue doing so, but that he should also have to pay another $850.00 for the year that has gone by. He should have to pay that $850.00 just to be able to continue being any kind of a member of BF. To me, that is the only thing that would be fair to those dealers that have antied up.

A> That is a CURRENT link. If I was a doctor 2 years ago, and I am a dog catcher now, I would see to it that anything written on the net or in the printed media proclaiming me a doctor would be removed.

B> Using the doctor thing again, you could argue that even though I am in a different line of work, I am still a doctor. If I see someone who was a doctor 2 years ago and they are on this forum DEALING out medical advice, looks to me like he's still a doctor.

C> I don't care if he's the same guy or not. I'm a betting man and I'd bet that the populace of BFC could point out enuff purchases and resales to prove close enuff to dealer status.

Anyways, still aint got an answer to the question anyhow.

Don't mean to drift this much but either he'll answer or he won't. What I'd like to cover is something we seem to have glossed over...

Personal attacks ie 'name-calling' which is directed at a person, their business, background, or livelihood and used in a demeaning manner.

Jack, in case you've failed to read the Forum rules this is a no-no on all Forums even in Whine and Cheese. Almost without exlusion, every thread I've seen you speak up/out in you've used this tactic. That is wrong and unacceptable to both the person you are directing it toward as well as those of us that share this Forum and have to read your attacks. Your calling Ryan 'Trinket Boy' was a personal attack and you used it in an aggressive manner during a period which you claim to be "... adding some humor to lighten up the situation." So, per your statement, you find humor in demeaning other people and their livelihood/business. That is sick and twisted and very similar to the behavior exhibited on a playground in Grade School which I find fascinating but no less sick or twisted because at the same time you claim to be the good guy in the situation. ??

In case your mentality is truly that of a child let me put this another way... You calling Ryan 'Trinket Boy' is the same as someone calling you a 'Fatherless Bastard'. You see, you took personal information and used it in an inflammatory way against a person who is respected in this community and had a legitimate complaint against you... Despite your claims, he has a legitimate complaint whether he or you is right or wrong. I think you would probably flip out, for lack of a better word, if someone were to use 'Fatherless Bastard' in a similar manner.

Note, very carefully now, that I have used this as an extreme example ONLY to try to reach you emotionally as I would a child who does not understand something... I would not and have not called you that but am using it only as an example to give you an idea of the gravity of the situation which arises when you attack someone else. I wouldn't wish misery of that type on anyone and feel truly sorry about your loss. Do you see how someone might feel similarly if you attacked them or their business or livelihood? I hope that is clear.

I would like to appeal to any higher sense you may have and ask you never to use these tactics again. I don't know if anyone else has said anything or if Moderators have warned you but I, personally, have read enough of this type from you and am now asking as a Member of this Forum for you to stop.

Shawn

When you get a little free time, would you come down here to Southern California, and help me teach my pig to sing?...

Emanym Ton:
I would like to appeal to any higher sense you may have and ask you never to use these tactics again...

Yep, in comparison, teaching the pig to sing seems more likely to happen... ;)

Mel

Back