1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

New Forum software thread. . .

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Rat Finkenstein, Apr 1, 2011.

1. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Suggestion: The ratio of usernames size to written text is nil (they are bold, but same size). Increasing font only makes everything larger, but no distinctions.

In the past the usernames were at least four points larger. This would help IF there is an adjustment for this.

Thanks, man.

Coop

2. type00rev

type00rev

Sep 29, 2008
    Me too. Good job Spark.

3. ElectricHellfire

ElectricHellfire

May 17, 2008
    Spark, the new format is fine but my post count is zero (I had nearly 900) and I am seeing ads with a subscription? What happened here and can it be fixed?

4. fivefold

fivefold

Mar 29, 2008
    The new format is great! Thanks for all you do to make BF possible. KUDOS!!!

5. Cougar Allen

Cougar Allen Buccaneer (ret.) Gold Member

Oct 9, 1998
    The "insert image" icon looks a little different now -- like this: [​IMG]

When you click on that a dialogue box pops up -- choose "from URL" if the image you want to post is already hosted on the web somewhere; choose "from computer" if you have it on your own computer and want to attach it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  6. Cougar Allen

Cougar Allen Buccaneer (ret.) Gold Member

Oct 9, 1998
    I would prefer really black text instead of the current greyish.

7. FLymon

FLymon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2006
    I said I would wait, but this is one I have not seen mentioned.

The list of recent threads is not showing which sub-forum the thread appears in. There are a few sub-forums I don't bother with and it would be nice to know where the threads are so I don't waste my time.

8. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    Thanks for all the hard work and effort Kevin!!!!
    It is all appreciated.........
    :thumbup:

9. gomipile

gomipile

Apr 17, 2010
    Yeah, without knowing what forum the recent posts are from, it can be hard to judge what they are about by the title alone. Also, I used to use those parent forum links to get to the forums quickly sometimes.

10. partypat

partypat

Jul 1, 2009
    I used to like it when you were on the recent threads page and you could see what forum the topic was under. Now I don't know if its a WSS, PT, custom makers or political. What forum it is posted under does make a difference to if I will click on it or not.

Can this be reinstated?

11. JTR357

JTR357 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    OK I have a question.I just replied to a thread then clicked on new posts aka "what's new" & normally that thread would be at the top of the page as in "most recent reply".It's not with the new setup.It's not even on the first page.:confused:Why is this?
    The JD forum does the same thing.It's not really a gripe,I just prefer it the way it was.
    Thanks

12. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Reply to Thread button does not work for me.

13. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Hmm. Works for me.

14. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Only allows access to "Quick Reply" Perhaps that is intentional, but it is unique in my experience.

15. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Recent posts? Recent threads? If you mean New Posts, the column to the far right has the forum they're in.
    (What's New? on the top bar or New Posts on the bar below that are the same.)

16. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    I cannot see that information.

17. Buffalohump

Buffalohump

Sep 7, 2006
    Excellent idea! :thumbup:

18. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    That's weird. I'm not sure what's going on here. This is a unique problem. I also don't see your subscription. When did you pay for it, & what method?

Should be fixed

Will investigate

Can you give me the exact URL where you are seeing this?

Can you give me the exact URL where you are seeing this? Which forum was that in.

Need more info. Which "reply to thread" button specifically?

19. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    I noticed my old bookmarks ceased to function, I had to make new ones. Does this mean that intraforum links in old threads will all be broken now?

20. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    if you click forum, it brings you to the main forum list.