• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Recommendation? Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a 3rd party, weighing of the package and contents, should reveal that.
It would be a nice gesture to get that done at the PO and clear the buyers name
Won't clear all doubt of seller, but could buyer
If the seller is not being truthful, he might not want to clear the name of the buyer. The weight of the box and contents could be manipulated to the advantage of the seller, or the real value altered. It might be like trusting the Fox to give an accurate accounting of the hens.
The seller can only prove some integrity by giving the refund at this point.

Wow, let’s get out the torches and pitchforks - somebody is disagreeing on the internet. WTF is with you people. KELAMA KELAMA and ooitzoo ooitzoo , who the hell died and made you all judge, jury and executioner? Y’all disgust me.

If the seller is not being truthful, he might not want to clear the name of the buyer. The weight of the box and contents could be manipulated to the advantage of the seller, or the real value altered. It might be like trusting the Fox to give an accurate accounting of the hens.
The seller can only prove some integrity by giving the refund at this point.
Not even about clearing names anymore. Buyer will get money back either way this ends. Also I can overnight a scale of y’all would like and weigh everything. What would that prove now? Nothing. If the box and contents came out to .91 ounces then what?”oh he manipulated it to weigh the same” I’d still be to blame. If it came under .91 ounces?”oh it’s his tool, he did this” I’d still be too blame. It won’t prove anything at this point. Like stated above the buyer will get money back either way this ends.

So because I made a comment about a wishing dewalt made a dremel tool you think it’s mine? Thats a reach. I use dremels everyday I just think dewalt would make a better battery operated one. How does that link?
...or he's just asking a question. Is this what you're "defending" against?
Wow, let’s get out the torches and pitchforks - somebody is disagreeing on the internet. WTF is with you people. KELAMA KELAMA and ooitzoo ooitzoo , who the hell died and made you all judge, jury and executioner? Y’all disgust me.
Why don't you go and read the earlier comments on here then come back. It's not about disagreeing. It's about OP not acting with integrity or inside the rules of the forum.
Not even about clearing names anymore. Buyer will get money back either way this ends. Also I can overnight a scale of y’all would like and weigh everything. What would that prove now? Nothing. If the box and contents came out to .91 ounces then what?”oh he manipulated it to weigh the same” I’d still be to blame. If it came under .91 ounces?”oh it’s his tool, he did this” I’d still be too blame. It won’t prove anything at this point. Like stated above the buyer will get money back either way this ends.
...?
To be clear, are you now saying that the buyer will get his ENTIRE $160 back?
Good. Biased and one sided.
Again, biased toward (or against) what exactly? Why do you suppose people are "biased" against you? Are you under the impression we all have a pre-existing opinion of you?

Speaking only for myself, I had no opinion whatsoever of you before this thread. None. My earlier posts should make this VERY obvious.

You should at least consider that your behavior here is driving our collective responses. Or not. You can continue to have a persecution complex if you prefer I guess.

ooitzoo ooitzoo This is getting overly repetitive at this point and I'm going to ask you to stand down. (Or have your posting privileges on this thread curtailed.)
The same points have been made over and over.

Let's wait to see what comes from the USPS and then hear from the two parties to the matter regarding how they move forward.

Nobody need opine at this point that isn't moving the conversation forward with new information.

ooitzoo ooitzoo This is getting overly repetitive at this point and I'm going to ask you to stand down. (Or have your posting privileges on this thread curtailed.)
The same points have been made over and over.

Let's wait to see what comes from the USPS and then hear from the two parties to the matter regarding how they move forward.

Nobody need opine at this point that isn't moving the conversation forward with new information.
Roger that
I do think we should be clear about what the commitment is

Sounds fair enough. These situations could be avoided if you take good photos, and show the box labels. In any case, a buyer who is adding to his collection, would be advised to ask for the knife box photo, if none is shown.

Last edited:
I’ve been wondering if the asking and selling prices could have been a tip off that the knife was a second?

I’ve been wondering if the asking and selling prices could have been a tip off that the knife was a second?
Sure the selling price was pretty low when compared to a new one, but most buyers don’t know that factory seconds were available for any given model. If the seller were to provide a link to the sales thread that he originally purchased the knife from, it could offer some pertinent information.

USPS has approved the $100 insurance claim but I haven’t received any money yet.

Arvinn

USPS has approved the $100 insurance claim but I haven’t received any money yet.

Arvinn
Good news! Well done sir. If they've approved it, you'll likely get a check in the next few weeks (at least that's how it went when I dealt with them)

Has Corbi43 Corbi43 paid out the difference?

Not yet. I was waiting for the USPS money before I updated the post.

Arvinn

Yea sorry for no updates. I got letters from usps to take in the box and contents to my local usps for inspections a few days ago. They took pictures and documentation.

A arvinn

I will send you the difference today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back