• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Strider Knives, Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, because someone else did a bad thing, it excuses everyone? Does that work with your kids? Seriously, you'll find no shortage of people bashing Bush vociferously, both online and in person.

No offense man, but this is getting kind of ludicrous.

I'll tell you whats ludicrous. Everybody wants to crucify two guys who love to make knives who lied about their military career, weather they had one or not, but the same people are not as upset with a man running this Country into the ground, who never served in the military, who sends our kids off to war to be killed for freedom, who has never fought for freedom himself. That sir, is ludicrous.

I'll tell you whats ludicrous. Everybody wants to crucify two guys who love to make knives who lied about their military career, weather they had one or not, but the same people are not as upset with a man running this Country into the ground, who never served in the military, who sends our kids off to war to be killed for freedom, who has never fought for freedom himself. That sir, is ludicrous.

Who says they are not as upset?

That, sir, is horseshit, and blame-shifting of the highest order. I don't see any "crucification" going on here. What I do see, however, is the lies of multiple parties being exposed for what they are, lies. Stop bringing up Bush, he has nothing to do with this.

Nobody would care if Mick Strider or Duane Dwyer just "loved to make knives" and did so. Repeatedly, it's been made clear that no-one has an axe to grind about their knife making. They "love to make knives" isn't a blank check or "get out of jail free" card when they get called out for their non-knife-making actions.

Nobody forced Mick Strider or Duane Dwyer to tell tales of military service or anything else. Nobody put a gun to heads of their supporters, or the guys who wrote magazine articles. The blame for their actions lies squarely on their shoulders.

The reason this sort of "controversy" keeps coming up is by and large due to people like yourself who dedicate themselves to trying to shift it. If this was Cold Steel, or Dark Ops knives, then you'd really see people being crucified. I thought I saw it all in the last thread, but hey, it's the Holidays! Let's put together a new list of reasons why nobody should pay attention to lies being exposed as such.

Who says they are not as upset?

Hello Keith. Well I believe, that when someone brings something up about Bush or his past on this site its no big deal or the people who bring it to light are treated like an idiot for talking about it. But if you bring something up about the Strider guys, it goes on and on forever with no end. My point being Bush's lies should be accounted for a little more then two knife-makers.

Hello Keith. Well I believe, that when someone brings something up about Bush or his past on this site its no big deal or the people who bring it to light are treated like an idiot for talking about it. But if you bring something up about the Strider guys, it goes on and on forever with no end. My point being Bush's lies should be accounted for a little more then two knife-makers.

I think part of it is that Bush is a politician, and people expect politicians to be liars. In my case, I am much more surprised when they tell the truth.

I believe you'll find plenty of lengthy threads about Bush if you look for them in the BladeForums.com Political Arena. Why don't you go look.
attachment.php

I don't see any "crucification" going on here.

The reason this sort of "controversy" keeps coming up is by and large due to people like yourself who dedicate themselves to trying to shift it.

No, you pretty much did that in the last time you posted about Strider, which went on and on.

As far as dedicating myself to "shifting the blame," that statement is not true. I was merely trying to add a little fun at first, then, I thought people shouldn't be so judgmental of others. Have you done a piece exposing Bush as you did the Strider guys? I mean since you served you should be just as upset with him as you were the Strider guys, correct? Just a thought....

Twisted logic and circular thinking. Nice try but its just another in a long line of feeble attempts to candy coat the facts which were being discussed until all the side tracking.

Lets get back on topic.

STR

Ah, so your game is "shoot the messenger," I get it.

As for my "crucification" of Mick Strider "last time" you need to be honest. The entire reason that thread came into existence is because of a 30+ page Cold Steel thread where Michelle directly told people to find out the information for themselves. So when I did, and it turned out someone was full of hot air, I'm the bad guy?

If Bush came on these forums and lied, I'd certainly out him. If you have evidence disproving anything I've said, post it. By all means, it's certainly easier to take shots at me for presenting information that makes you uncomfortable than ask the guy who's story doesn't add up.

Lets get back on topic.

Yes lets. I say we start an anti-Strider revolution. Anyone on this site who owns, has owned, or even thinks of owning one of those Strider knives should be banned. We should all pull our money together and rent pages in several magazines, knife, military, and the like, and expose those lying dirty bastards for the dirty lying bastards that they are. We should contact the Blade Show promoters and notify them of Striders attempts of buffaloing the knife buying public into their "spec ops" scheme, and have them banned also. I will personally go out and get a free speech permit and protest at the courthouse where I live and let as many people know of Striders lies, as long as everyone here will do the same. I mean, time is of the essence. We have to get the truth out before these lies will effect the several thousands of lives who are asleep to Striders plans for world domination. ARE WE ALL TOGETHER ON THIS?!!

I have a better idea. How about people make their own decisions, based on the facts, and not tale tales and rhetoric?

I guess it boils down to this: Do you think lying is good? Do you think that this sort of thing should be encouraged?

He dresses up and acts the part, but did he serve? From what I have read about the subject, the answer is that he never served, and in fact was AWOL.

That's ridiculous. He was a certified F102-A fighter pilot and you say he never served? Do you know what it takes to be a jet fighter pilot. He earned the right to wear the wings.

180px-Pres_GW_Bush_mounting_jet.jpg

180px-GW-Bush-in-uniform.jpg

Taken from Wiki.

Ah, so your game is "shoot the messenger," I get it.

As for my "crucification" of Mick Strider "last time" you need to be honest. The entire reason that thread came into existence is because of a 30+ page Cold Steel thread where Michelle directly told people to find out the information for themselves. So when I did, and it turned out someone was full of hot air, I'm the bad guy?

If Bush came on these forums and lied, I'd certainly out him. If you have evidence disproving anything I've said, post it. By all means, it's certainly easier to take shots at me for presenting information that makes you uncomfortable than ask the guy who's story doesn't add up.

I didn't really know how it came about the last time. I'll be honest, I didn't know that they lied about anything at the time. As far as "shooting the messenger" I'm not trying to do any such thing. I didn't say you were the bad guy, and I'm not taking shots. My point is this, and I'll type it again: none of us are innocent and we have all done things we shouldn't have. People lie, weather on purpose or not. Is there any forgiveness in this world? There doesn't seem to be here. So, I'm still interested in knowing what this investing thing is all about. This isn't a shift, but a light hearted attempt to have people stop and think that they shouldn't be so judgmental of others. Or I'll put it as plainly as this: Get a life people, its not the end of the world.

That's ridiculous. He was a certified F102-A fighter pilot and you say he never served? Do you know what it takes to be a jet fighter pilot. He earned the right to wear the wings.

180px-Pres_GW_Bush_mounting_jet.jpg

180px-GW-Bush-in-uniform.jpg

Taken from Wiki.

A picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it.:rolleyes:

I have a better idea. How about people make their own decisions, based on the facts, and not tale tales and rhetoric?

I guess it boils down to this: Do you think lying is good? Do you think that this sort of thing should be encouraged?

I guess its ok if you are the leader of the free world. But no, I don't encourage lying to any degree or any dirty dealings of any kind.

...My point is this, and I'll type it again: none of us are innocent and we have all done things we shouldn't have. People lie, weather on purpose or not. Is there any forgiveness in this world? There doesn't seem to be here. ...

I've done things I was ashamed of later. I've had to admit I was wrong and ask for forgiveness. To get forgiveness, one has to admit they need forgiving.

I think most people here would be much happier with Strider if Mick and Duane owned up to their mistakes and moved on from there. But that has to come from them first.

My point is this, and I'll type it again: none of us are innocent and we have all done things we shouldn't have. People lie, weather on purpose or not. Is there any forgiveness in this world? There doesn't seem to be here.

:rolleyes: Enough. This is a lame, poorly thought out excuse to get people to stop discussing a very relevant and heavy issue in the knife industry.

I'll be sure to use this tactic next time my girl friend is "crucifying" me for lying about going to the bar with friends, and let me tell you, if you think Strider is getting it bad here, well, you have no idea what getting verbally crucified is.

My point is, when you lie, there are consequences. That fact that everybody does it doesn't get me out of trouble when I do it, it shouldn't for these guys, either.

Is this FACT that this guy mentioned is in FACT Duane Dwyer? You know, this could all be hogwash. As an owner of a Strider folder and as someone who has owned many Strider folders, I can say I've owned them because they are rock solid folders. Bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back